+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My team only seem to play proper after going one down...

Amateur

It's in the title really. Going in to half time one down is a reason to be cheerful for me, as the "I want to see more from you!" team talk usually results in my team destroying them in the second half.

If only I could get them to play proper like in the first half too. Does anyone else find this?

Semi Pro
    Newcastle upon Tyne (lurking in the gloaming)

Team talks cause all kinds of appalling effects if you get them wrong. If I ever use the "You can win this" team talk to start a game I'll be guaranteed to see an appalling first half performance and be at least a goal down at half time.

Amateur
    In a pineapple under the sea, a country free of EU rule!

Ah, so that's where I've been going wrong.

Amateur

If I have to use the 'for the fans' teamtalk one more time, I'll gouge my eyes out with a biro. But unfortunately it's the only one that will get results... I hope there are more options in FM09.

Amateur

yes, ive been wondering about that. when is it appropriate to use the 'you can win' team talk?

as a rule, i use 'for the fans' at home and 'wish luck' for away games. it seems to work. against the really big sides, where i dont stand a chance on paper, "no pressure" works very well.

Amateur

I find that "you can win this" tends to work when you are slight underdogs in an away game.

Amateur

i use team talks based on morale.

there's a wealth of information (and conjecture) in these forums on the subject.

+ Reply to Thread