work permit

hi, i started a new liverpool save, and im in the second season now. I decided not to sign anyone at all for the first two seasons, but on the final day of the transfer window, i was 'lured' by Riquelme's stats, so signed him, but didnt finish everything in time for him to get a work permit or get into my 25 man registered team.

Im now in the january window, how can i apply for a work permit now, especially now that i sold maxi rodriguez and yossi benayoun for a really good amount of money.....

i think that you can sign a player without a work permit being granted for him if you have a club in belgium or elsewhere, where you can send him on loan and he will in 3 years (in case of belgium) get the nationality...i have done this couple of times myself..buying a youngster from arg, bra, or eastern europe and then send him to belgium for 3 years (you have to renew the loan every year) and then he returns with belgian nationality and ready to play..

that's why emmanuel sarki from chelsea was in westerloo..i think

Try reading, no he hasn't.

He signed him, but couldn't get a work permit due to last hour bid.

He was registered

So couldn't play competitive football for 6 months until next squad register selection.

bugabugas, as mentioned before just offer him a new contract and everything will be fine. Did you try doing it during those 6 months? He probably would have got one but I guess he couldn't play anyway due to not being registered. (Is registering players open just during transfer windows?)

EDIT: vita_slup is correct, but sometimes top players don't want to go but you can still sign them. Just need to offer them a contract asap and he will be set to play, problem with bugabugas was the registering 25 man squad in England.

you must have the affiliated club otherwise you will not be able to sign him..if you send him or not (as Ryknow said:in this case Riquelme would not probably go) is other thing. but you certainly MUST have a affiliated club that you CAN send him to.

offer him new contract and register him in the 25 man squad and everything should be fine

You can SOMETIMES sign people without them being granted a permit.

You just won't be able to play them until they are granted a permit (obviously) or until they become a citizen of that Country in 4 years time.

This has happend to me a few times, mostly with Brazilians.

My question is this; How come you are allowed to actually sign certain players without permits but others are out-right refused and the trasnfer is cancelled ?

you must have the affiliated club otherwise you will not be able to sign him..if you send him or not (as Ryknow said:in this case Riquelme would not probably go) is other thing. but you certainly MUST have a affiliated club that you CAN send him to.

offer him new contract and register him in the 25 man squad and everything should be fine

Not true. I have signed a few players refused permits without having an affiliate club.

ill try and put an end to this if i can

you can sign players who are close to WP being granted wether or not you have a feeder club. If FM is going to grant wp after the deadline get him to sign a contract and if he does wp will be granted. sometimes this happens. look at a few players IRL latest one being Santos whose signing for spurs in the summer couldnt sign him january due to not having enough caps so will be by then.

Ok. i will clear things up.

Signed Riquelme, last minute bid, but cant get a WP. He didnt want to go to any of my feeder clubs, not even AEK Athens who were in the CL. So he just stayed in my squad, he wasnt even able to play reserve games.

I offered him a new contract as you guys told me to, and now im fine, he is in stunning form and has made a really good replacement for Benayoun and Rodriguez.

snip

My question is this; How come you are allowed to actually sign certain players without permits but others are out-right refused and the trasnfer is cancelled ?

That's a good question!

I actually signed a 26year old AMC in the January transfer window (to replace a AMC I had sold) and although he had accepted my contract offer on the 24th. The WP decision was only made on the 31st. It of course failed and I couldn't play him in that season. My game is now at the start of the next season and I have just offered him a new contract to see if he actually gets a WP now.

He is an Egyptian btw.

Ok, I'll try to clarify this:

Riquelme was signed by Liverpool at the end of the summer transfer window, who have feeder clubs within the EU. Riquelme was not granted a WP in time for the squad registration, but was allowed to Join liverpool on the provision that he could join one of these feeder clubs in order to obtain EU citizenship. If these feeder clubs weren't in place then the transfer would then be blocked (Which answers Fart's question - ie if you have the necessary feeders, you can sign players not granted a WP, if you don't, the transfer will be cancelled, thats my understanding of how it works).

As Riquelme was unable to be registered he wouldn't have been able to go to one of the feeder clubs anyway as it would've been outside a transfer window, so that is null & void in this case, even though he probably wouldn't go there anyway.

So in order to register Riquelme, the manager offers him a new contract in January and the WP is granted before the transfer deadline and he is registered to play for the rest of the season.

Does that sum it up or am I missing something?

ok, i'll try to clarify this:

Riquelme was signed by liverpool at the end of the summer transfer window, who have feeder clubs within the eu. Riquelme was not granted a wp in time for the squad registration, but was allowed to join liverpool on the provision that he could join one of these feeder clubs in order to obtain eu citizenship. If these feeder clubs weren't in place then the transfer would then be blocked (which answers fart's question - ie if you have the necessary feeders, you can sign players not granted a wp, if you don't, the transfer will be cancelled, thats my understanding of how it works).

As riquelme was unable to be registered he wouldn't have been able to go to one of the feeder clubs anyway as it would've been outside a transfer window, so that is null & void in this case, even though he probably wouldn't go there anyway.

So in order to register riquelme, the manager offers him a new contract in january and the wp is granted before the transfer deadline and he is registered to play for the rest of the season.

Does that sum it up or am i missing something?

exactly!!!!

sorry if it was mentioned and i missed it but i need help. i manage Hull and i set my eyes on several american talents. as we all know it is not always easy to get a work permit.

now, i asked anf granted a feeder club from poland for the specific reason of work permits.

can someone tell me what i must do to sign players that until now couldn't due to work permits? also please tell me if i will get any message stating that the specific players can't get a permit but i can sign him and send him.... etc

thanks

Ok you can basically now buy any player in the world regardless of WP regulations as you have a feeder club within the EU that doesn't have the same restrictions.

When the player accepts your contract, it will say the transfer is delayed pending the WP as usual.

If it is rejected you can appeal.

If it is rejected again it will come up in your inbox saying that the request has been turned down but can still sign and be loaned out to a feeder club to gain nationalisation or something along those lines. Click confirm.

He then joins your squad but cannot play for you, meaning you pretty much have to send him to your feeder for the length of time it states that it requires to gain nationality.

Sometimes you can get lucky and offer them a new contract after say the first season out on loan and it the WP will be granted.

Archived