man utd in administration

What does "leetis" mean?

What's your current bank balance?

Manchester Utd have a huge debt in the game, and unless you win some stuff in your first couple of seasons, you will go into adminstration. It's a challenging top-tier team to manage icon_wink.gif

I am in 2015 in my game and in the EPL there are three teams with a point deduction for going into administration, and 90% of the clubs in the Spanish league are all in massive amounts of debt. It is stupid how badly the clubs are in debt; not sure if this reflects real life or not, but it is very hard to make a profit and keep your club stable in the game, especially if you are not winning things regularly.

It could be a very prophetic foresight by SI, or it could be they need to tweek their settings for the financial aspects of the game.

Realistically, so long as the Manchester United merchandising machine keeps rolling, it's highly doubtful they will ever go into administration. Same applies with clubs like Barcelona and Real Madrid. Especially with Madrid - who spend huges sums of money, run up huge debs, then get continually bailed out.

Plenty of people have had a problem with Man Utd, or seen them go into administration. It's ridiculous that people have had to sell Man Utd's reserves just to avoid administration.

Personally I think SI have jumped on the media bandwagon about Man Utd and made their repayments ridiculous in relation to the income they get. It wouldn't surprise me if Utd's merchandising income isn't as high as it should be either. Whatever your feelings about the Glazer's deal, they are successful businessmen and they are not going to have made an investment that will bankrupt the club and themselves in such a short period of time.

i think their income is shot...

IRL United are about to announce 30 million pounds in profit this year...until that Jonny Evans came and ruined it with the rape case...

im in Asia, and Man Utd is all you see around here. Singapore, Malaysia, China, Japan etc...all Man Utd(and maybe some Scousers). the Arse and Chelsea make up the minority...

So its highly unlikely they would go into administration(unless the Glazers go bankrupt)

I thought the Glazers had saddled all of the 600 million debt onto ManU's balance sheet, so servicing that debt will be reflected in the game through monthly repayments.

Loads of clubs have bank debt, especially those that built new stadia. Would be interesting to see what Arsenal's monthly repayments are like, or Schalke in Germany.

Real Madrid continually get bailed out by the Spanish state, or is it the city of Madrid? They were virtually bankrupt recently until the city of Madrid agreed to buy their training grounds for a sweetheart deal and lease them back to the club for a stupidly small sum.

So, while ManU is financially strong, it would be interesting to see whether the 30 million profit is operating profit or does it include all servicing of debt?

Are there any accountants here? Maybe you can explain that better than me. icon_smile.gif

Apparently, the Glazier family said that repayments to the financiers of their deal to buy the club, would have a "negligable" effect on the cashflow of the football club.

What this means in real terms, I doubt anyone but club officials, the Glaziers and the financiers, knows for certain.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by x42bn6:

I think it's wrong.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier...d/article3066015.ece

Apparently, Manchester United are set to record profits of at least 60 million pounds, which will easily pay off the debt they have to pay this year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dont read to much into that if I were you. These profit reports are pre tax and do not include tranfers. They are only operating costs.

i think part of the issue with losing cash is that people are handing out contracts that they really cant afford. i have a really disciplined attitude when it comes to paying players. The alloted wage budget is not a reflection of how much you will really make and if you go to the limit of the wage budget you are almost guaranteed to go into debt.

Yep i lose about 2 million a month. I was bailed out because i won the league and the fa cup in the first season. But I just got the stadium up to 83,000 so i get more income now. But I reckon i will be struggling in a few seasons adn i'll be applyin for another job if the debt gets ridiculous. Its a bit irritating at times because you get media reports sayin stars might be leaving. Then if you dont win the trophies you will actually go into debt.

You'll probably have to start selling your big earners (i.e Ronaldo,Rooney Ferdinand and so on) sooner rather than later. There should be plenty of players just as good available for a lot less money.

I'm in my 5th season and all I have won in the past is the bloody league cup! It's ridiculous. I've been runner up to Arsenal the last 4 seasons. Last season I came 2nd in EPL, Semi's in Chaps League, FA Cup runner up and League Cup runner up. Anyways after everyone saying you have to win loads of trophies to keep them out of administration is bull!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheInvisibleMan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wayne13284:

anybody else have problems with united </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes they're complete and utter scum! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so true icon_smile.gif

I always win competitions with Man Utd so get loads of money (then spend it all on one player, no joke). This leaves me with about 20mil which is enough for the season. Also my stadium has 100,000 capacity so if I have many home games in a month, I hardly ever make a loss. So I don't think I need to worry about going into administration icon_smile.gif

Being Very mischievous, thats a result!Obviously Man Utd are not are not one of my favs.Why not try playing with a team you don't support ,where you actually have to play the game rather than expecting a win after win!

In 07 there were many complaints at how much money the big teams have a few years in - people breaking the finances by gaining over £2.2billion, etc. Now it seems its been tweaked too far the other way if lots of teams are going bankrupt.

As with the rest of the game - England seems to be pretty good, almost anywhere else tries to fit into the Football League model and fails.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theboss332:

On my game united got deducted 9 points two games away from end of first season , they had already been crowned champions but now they could still lose it. They havent even bought anyone so its stupid how messed up this is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did wonder about what would happen with that... I had Portsmouth went bankrupt after they'd already been promoted, but never went into full administration and cleared their debts in the summer. I did wonder if that was connected to their being promoted and what would happen if the title was handed to someone who then lost it due to a points deduction.

United sadly have cleared their debt in mine with a takeover icon_frown.gif However, now theyre finally rich again... they're 18th! After surviving for years on a shoestring, new money completely fails to do anything for them.

the debt the Manchester United have in the game is right but i dont think the financial model can handle such extremeties also i doubt that all the sponsership deals are in place as the Man Utd advertising machine will be churning out the money but if you are sensible with your transfer budget then you can stay out of administration.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mwalker99:

the debt the Manchester United have in the game is right but i dont think the financial model can handle such extremeties also i doubt that all the sponsership deals are in place as the Man Utd advertising machine will be churning out the money </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

there are some sponsorship deals that i'd love to include in the game but there is just no information on the duration and financial worth of the contract, which possibly means that in-game the club aren't getting all the income they should, so the debt is hitting slightly harder than it really should.

there have been four new deals added to the database since the last data update which i hope will help people out a bit. from my experience with the game though, problems with administration are very avoidable and present and interesting (but not too difficult) challenge.

• 8 years later...
  • KUBI locked this topic

Archived