Multiple Teams

Hello All

I am sure it has probably been brought up on here before, but does anybody manage more than one team at a time?

I have been playing this game since the very first version came out on the Amiga, you know the red box one with the manager who looked suspiciously like Ken Dodd on the front :-)

I cannot play with just one team, I have to have at least two, sometimes even three. I don't cheat either, I just play it how it should be played but I just find one team isn't enough for me. I have always done this as well in all the games I have played over the years.

The one downside is that it takes a while to get through seasons, but I love battling with my teams on all different fronts.

Just interested to hear if anybody else plays the same way as this.

Cheers

I have done this in the past, but for me the game is too detailed now plus the fact I have less spare time and I now only manage one!

I do seem to recall me and my younger brother managing a team in each league in England from Division 3 upwards!! Don't think we ever got through the season though.

I was recently thinking about starting a second club where I could put all players who don't play in the first club. You might say I could put them in the reserve team but I want to give them first team experience and maybe end up with a second club in the first league. Yes, this is unrealistic, anyway, that's the way I want to play. Has anybody ever done this before? I think of changing a clubs name with the lnc-file and replace the clubs badge as I don't want to start a new savegame. Then I would establish a connection between my two clubs with FMRTE and activate the clause 'players may move freely between clubs'. The only thing might be that my players don't want to move because of the club reputation. What do you think?

Sounds intruiging, never thought of doing this before. Just one question though; what do you do when your two teams meet, do you have a preference for one team over the other, do you make sure the team most in need of points win?

I might give this a try on a new save.

P.s. im aware that was in fact more than one question. :p

i have done it before, ages and ages ago, but the the game is much more detailed now and i think i'd get confused.

Back when i was alot younger, if a team didn't sell me a player, i'd take charge of them and sell that player to me, if he didn't want to move i'd fine him, transfer list him, and so on :D

Sounds intruiging, never thought of doing this before. Just one question though; what do you do when your two teams meet, do you have a preference for one team over the other, do you make sure the team most in need of points win?

I might give this a try on a new save.

P.s. im aware that was in fact more than one question. :p

Hmm, I think I would just let the better team win. Hmm, of course if one of my teams would be one win away from the league title, I might change my mind :D

I now have changed name and badge of a club in the 2nd league and set them as an affiliate with the clause 'players may move freely' but due to the reputation, no player wants to go there :-/

Mostly I have my hands full with managing 1 team, but now after 10 seasons with Juve winning freighter holds of prizes I want to make them the richest team in the game by far, but it's a not a challenge anymore so I added a second manager at a smaller team (FC Vaduz from Liechtenstein in Swiss League, goal is to get Liechtenstein some a nice regen hub) to keep things interesting. I hope to make Juve my mother club in like a season or 5, getting some loans etc ...

I missed making smaller teams big, but I couldn't leave Juve in hands of incompetent fools (like IRL atm :() so doing both

Thanks for the replies fellas,

Yeah I always thought I was a bit of a freak for doing it this way lol

When I end up with my two teams playing each other, I don't favour one or the other. I won't make subs during that particular match unless somebody gets injured or is really tired. So in other words I won't try to change the team tactically if they are losing even.

It is a lot to remember, especially with the reserves and youths as well, but I think because I have always done it, you don't notice the jump so much between each version of the game. I can imagine it would seem a lot to remember though if you just suddenly decide to go with two or more teams though.

I sometimes start with two teams in say League 2, and see if I can get either or both into the Prem. They have been some of my best games to be fair.

I have often started a game managing two clubs but I always find the same thing happens:

I'll start favouring one and then get irritated with the other one and end up retiring that manager and continue with one club. I usually try to manage rivals - the last I tried this I took control of Inter and AC Milan.

Archived