The game is stressing me out- RANTTTTT

Kudos to anyone who actually reads all this, so...

My players and staff are really starting to stress me out. I want to fine them all.

I am wondering if i can get through a game without someone giving the ball away in dangerous territory, or making a ridiculous mistake, or even doing some simple thing that i asked.

It's like, one game i can go away to Fiorentina, a very good side, and get a comprehensive 2-1 win. The media all say what a hard-working team i have, the fans(oh god the fans) say they are very pleased with the season so far and we are exceeding expectations by being 6-7th, but i just want to kill my players sometimes. If it's not someone being sent off in the 8th minute, it's someone missing a simple interception leading to a goal, or if not that, then it's my defence standing still while Mauro Zarate runs through the centre defenders after a long ball over the top, even when i've told my players to defend deep and man mark.

Bari can go to Inter and get a 1-0 victory, but oh no not me. I go to the Guessepe Mezza with a tight, disciplined contain and counter team. But then they get a free kick on edge of box, and my moron defenders decide to leave Balotelli with an open goal to shoot at. I'm shouting at the monitor for them to get infont of the ball, which is duly dispatched in the top corner. What use is my potently quick forward when he sprints off the shoulder of the last defender, soars toward the goal with impeccable touch, composure and vision, and then passes the ball into the keepers arms. I tell him to go round the keeper but oh no, F**k you gaffer, i'm too old to learn new things so bugger off. Well f**k you!!! Who gave you a new contract in the summer? Yes that's right, I DID. Even when you were tarting yourself infront of Chelsea, making eyes at Ancelotti and going all coy and giggly when he whispered how much he admired your technique, i still gave you a bloody 30k rise! Not to mention the sheer petulance of my squad. They get all stuffy with me if i dare to indulge in some pre-match mind game shenanagains.

Still, i feel like i can go to Inter, get buggered by my players ineptitude, yet when i go to Juventus and come back with a sneaky 1-0 win, i love my players again;But whilst i'm revelling in the media and fan praise, i' secretly thinking that i don't have a clue how we won that. We shut Juve out in Turin, but of course those Facist Laziola's come to the San Paouli and stab us in the heart with a last minute goal, splitting my static defenders as usual and going round the keeper. I feel like my tactics are a lottery.

And then there's the fans and the staff. They act all devasted when i lose to Inter, because they are close rivals and all. Hang on a minute, you say that every match! Am i to assume that every Tom, Dick and Harry in this league are our closest rivals? And don't you f*****king tell me i should have played Canavarro instead of Santacroce when the bugger was suspended, you IDIOTS!!!! Then on of course i have my stupid staff. Oh, so Inter absolutley, definitivley HATE playing against narrow 4-4-2 teams do they? Well let me tell you something, Maicon sure didn't seem to hate roaming down all that space on the left flank all afternoon did he?!!!

God i wish i could fine them all. I'm sick of having to pussyfoot around my players all the time, lest they get all shirty over some media comment or other. Sodding overpaid prima donnas :rolleyes:

I know lol. It's beautiful that this game can have me so emotionally invloved, but i am stressed nonethless :D

Hey, atleast the AI didn't decide to change a score after you won on a penalty shoot out so it made it as though it won! If its made me this angry can only imagine how you would react.:D

wow, amazing rant even fergie would have been proud of, puts the hairdryer to shame, i find thats one of the things i love about the game, and is very like real life, the fact that you think you know your oppo and figure out a game plan, only for it all to be blown away, plus players making mistakes is another part of the game that happens IRL, you can say mark Zarate tight, but he will get free from your defenders at least once during the game,

Just keep on trucking my friend :)

Enjoyed that read, had a chuckle a few times.

As Napoli it does seem that most teams in Italy seem to be rivals, hope you feel better after a good rant.

To be honest, all the Italian teams seem to have everyone else as their rivals. Whilst I'm at Hoffenheim and have no rivals.

I was in exactly the same mood as the OP the other night, when my teams form crumbled and nothing, *nothing* would go right for us.

I had a day off from looking at FM and after returning yesterday, all is right with the world again. :)

What does my nut is when you get a nice transfer kitty in the summer, and spend £15m on a quality new centre-half, only for the chairman to accept a slightly higher bid for the same player in January because it was "too good to turn down" and make precisely NONE of the funds available for a replacement.

What does my nut in is when its your teams turn to play the bottom club who gets spanked every week, but they always manage to draw or beat you!

I get this quite a bit. Beat the big teams then lose to whoever is on a 7 game losing streak. It's like the game decides it's unrealistic for any team to lose 8 in a row.

oh great...My team "legendary" & "Untouchable" player Mr. De Rossi got the cheek to complain and expressed his concerns of the lack of discipline in my team...but when i warned or fined him for repeated sent off (yes...he actually got the most yellow/red cards in my team), he cried unfair treatment... = (

then it's my defence standing still while Mauro Zarate runs through the centre defenders after a long ball over the top, even when i've told my players to defend deep and man mark.

Here might actually be a tactical problem caused by you.

Defending deep and man marking might be conflicting instructions if a striker comes from deep. Should your DC then stay with the man or stay deep, leaving the man unattended? If he then decides to stay with the man, then an agile quick player like Mauro Zarate might easily be quicker in turning and accelerating and thereby gaining a good 5 yards head-start which makes your defender seem like standing still in comparison.

Thus you should only man-mark this guy if your defender is quick enough to do that. If the opponent has that kind of striker a stopper/cover pairing might be a good idea in defense.

hth :)

good post! lol,

i hate man marking and tight marking crap, ive not seen it work once, everytime i have it on, and the player who is meant to be man marked gets the ball and runs and scores with no tight marking and the man marker nowhere to been seen, i get on better without it assistant manager thanks!!

Only good the ass managers are in this game is to send them to then now boring press interviews.

Archived