At what age does a striker starts to fade?

i am currently playing with man utd, currently in the 2016/17 season

my strike force comprise of:

strikers :

welliton - 30 years old (been struggling lately with pace)

wayne rooney - 31 years old (losing out the chase for the balls often)

mecheda - 25 years old (on deadly scoring form lately 9 goals from the previous 5 games):thup:

german pacheco - 25 years old (0 goals from 5 games new signing from valencia - former top scorer of spanish league before joining man utd

mattia destro - 25 years old ( a promising start early in the season, recently recovered from injury and hasn't scored in 5 games in the row)

the problem is liverpool's and man city's strikers with is torres and tevez are banging in the goals like crazy eventhough they are 32 and 33 respectively

i am currently playing with a 4-2-4 formation

with 2 CB

1 LB, 1 RB

2 CM

1 AML, 1 AMR

2 CF

Depends but at 33 most are struggling, that's when I start dropping them on the bench mostly (Dzeko is 33 here now). At 34 most of them announce their retirement because in that season I treat them as the sub of the sub :p

Depends on the player and your tactic really. I've successfully had 40yo brazilian attackers perform well and score much in various clubs, while I've at the same time completely failed to make my 25-27 yo much better strikers score at all. >.<

If you want to stop your striking from fading, turn him inside out. He will last a lot longer that way :thup:

Well, it works with my jeans anyway.

About 31. Although on my game, though I'm Liverpool in 2023, I've had a glance at the players you've mentioned.

Rooney, was still banging in the goals and getting great ratings up until he was 35. He's 37 now though, and has been stuck in the reserves for a season and a half.

Welliton, had his best season in 2023, getting over an 8 rating for the season, at the age of 35. Has now left Spartak Moscow and is unnattached at the age of 36.

Macheda, is 31, currently having his best season, with 16 goals in 19 games at the end of Janurary for Sevilla.

G. Pachecho is 31, he's having a good season with Stuttgart, though his form over the seasons is a bit inconcistent.

Destro is 31, and is having a dodgy season, same as the previous one for chelsea. Seems to only play about 25 league games a season, which suggests a problem with injuries.

Torres is 38 and has become a coach, but before he retired from playing he was scoring well up until he was about 34.

Oh, and Aguero is still as sickeningly good as ever at the age of 34, currently has 13 goals in 9 starts and 3 subs appearances for atletico.

So regarding the ones you've mentioned, they should still really be scoring goals as well as they'll ever do. A top striker is likely to be able to bang them in till he's about 34-35 I imagine.

oh thanks for the info guys:thup:

just change my man utd tactics and all my strikers are back in scoring form

welliton (scored 3 in the last 5 games)

rooney (scored 6 in the last 5 games)

mecheda (still scoring 6 in the last 5 games)

mattia destro ( 2 in the last 5 games)

german pacheco (still struggling with scoring, but finally creating chances)

quick question :

any good centre backs you can recommend?

i currently have sakho and johnny evans as my main centre backs

krostic and rodwell as my back-up centre backs

Archived