Page 110 of 115 FirstFirst ... 10 60 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 LastLast
Results 10,901 to 11,000 of 11478

Thread: dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

Youth Team
    I used to chase eggs. Now I am just trying not to respond to eegits.

Default Re: dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

Another couple of records for Doch. (3 games of the season left).

29 league goals in a season.

9 MOM awards in a season.

Youth Team

If I can get one of them then I will be laughing because I will ask him to suggest an International team-mate and then scout him directly. Until I can find one though I'm stuffed.

First Team

God i'm struggling this year. Just gone into Jan and have dropped to 22nd in the league. Away from home my team part like the red sea and let evryone just walk through them. Really need to sort it out or its relegation for me. Plus my strikers have lost the way to goal. And my midfield just dont turn up. other then that my team are great

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbokav1971 View Post
    If I can get one of them then I will be laughing because I will ask him to suggest an International team-mate and then scout him directly. Until I can find one though I'm stuffed.
    Would you not have done it the way I did? If you saw 15 players with no club in the Bermudan national squad, would you ignore them?

Youth Team

No. My scouts have to find them or a player has to suggest them or there has to be comment about them in the media and then I scout them. I'm a bit anal about it.

Third Team

Paul Brennan has his first full international call up for Jamaica.

1st Cap

He becomes the first player to play in a full international whilst in my squad.

Banned

Each season on September the 20th, unattached Islander regens (Montserrat, Bermuda, Cayman, Turks & Caicos etc) are generated with English second nationality. They're a goldmine for lower league teams as a good number are often Championship/L1 standard and will sign for anyone.

Obviously off limits to those playing LLM guidelines, but for those happy to use player search it's a great way to add quality for peanuts.
    Last edited by sirdez24; 25-09-2008 at 12:33.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by sirdez24 View Post
    Each season on September the 20th, unattached Islander regens (Montserrat, Bermuda, Cayman, Turks & Caicos etc) are generated with English second nationality. They're a goldmine for lower league teams as a good number are often Championship/L1 standard and will sign for anyone.

Obviously off limits to those playing LLM guidelines, but for those happy to use player search it's a great way to add quality for peanuts.
    Are these players ever found using scouts?

Banned

Are these players ever found using scouts?
    From my experience playing LLM, they are only found by scouts once they've been snapped up by English clubs (there's usually a ton of BSP/BSN/BSS teams after them), which would make sense.

Third Team

mag man manages Margate - 2009/10 End of Season Update

League

The pre-season went very well with 1 draw and the rest wins. I was pretty hopeful going into the season with a solid core of players left from the previous season and having walked the league. However it was not to be... poor from the start. There was nothing exciting all season, the team lacked consistency. I would beat the better teams and then lose to the bottom teams, incredibly frustrating season. Changed formation from a diamond to a 433 and form picked up, I started heading up the table and if it wasn't for an end of season blip may have made playoffs. Ended 11th with a media prediction of 23rd. Closer to the playoffs than to relegation.

League Table
    League Positions

Cup Competitions

FA Cup - won 5th qualifying round - out in 1st round.

Setanta Shield - out in 1st round.

FA Trophy - out in 4th round.

Key Players

John Williams - Top scorer and all round best player on loan from Reading
    Craig Tolley - Solid CB on loan from Swindon for last 3 months
    Declan Cort - CB on loan from Reading for season.
    Palmar Arnason - Midfielder on loan from Reading.

Pretty disappointed with the performance of my players, without the loan players relegation would have been very probable. Already made some great free signing for the next season so hope to rely on loan players a bit less.

Other screenshots
    End Season Manager Profile
    Finances
    Club Info
    Best Eleven
    Overall Best Eleven

EDIT: Promising youth player. James Wagstaff
    Last edited by mag man; 25-09-2008 at 14:27.

Third Team

How does using fake players work? Does it just rename them or does it create new players?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mag man View Post
    How does using fake players work? Does it just rename them or does it create new players?
    Bit of both really. It generates a whole lot of new players but you can tell who a lot of the current ones are based on.

Youth Team

Borehamwood. Conference National. End of season 2012/13 report.

After a narrow escape from relegation last season, I was hoping for more of the same and anything other than relegation would again be considered a success as my young squad would surely benefit in the long run from the experience.

League table.

League graph.

Squad stats.

Key players, (based on how many times I selected them).

Doch.

Avery.

Hardy.

Murphy.

Most highly rated youth players promoted each season.

Doch. Inherited youth player promoted 2009, (1 week before I took over).

Stannard *** 2010.

Laws *** 2011.

Joe *** 2012.

Wilson FK13 *** 2013. If he turns out to have even average goal-keeping abilities then his free-kick attribute of 13 might come in to play. I will have to look at training to help him along with this. It is an area of the game where I am particularly clueless.

Info.
    Finances.
    Confidence.

Seasonal Best XI.
    Overall Best XI.

Transfers 2010.
    Transfers 2011.
    Transfers 2012.
    Transfers 2013.

Next season. The way I finished the season makes me think that I should be aiming for a playoff spot next season, but I guess it all depends on making some decent signings in the close season. It's infuriating that although Doch seems capable of scoring goals aplenty we seem to struggle to keep clean sheets when we are on fire at the other end. We only managed 11 clean sheets in 56 games which really frustrates me as I love clean sheets. As my shortlist of potential players grows and grows and grows with each passing month, (it's now at 147), so I increase the chances of me signing out of contract players in the Summer. Ideally I would like to sign a GK, a pacey DC, a DL, DR, AMC & SC. I've just realised that that's half a team so maybe I am being a little ambitious. I'm quite happy to just potter along in nice little steps and probably the biggest job I will have on my hands will be trying to keep Doch at the club and happy. He did have 3 years left on his contract and I have just extended that to 5 years.

Cups suck ass.

FA Cup. Lost away to League 2 side Coventry in the 2nd Round.

FA Trophy. Lost away to Conference National side Woking in 2nd Round.

Setanta Shield. Lost away to Conference National side Oxford in extra time in Semi-Final.
    Last edited by Jimbokav1971; 25-09-2008 at 15:04.

Banned

How do you find out a keeper's FK stat?

Youth Team

Look at his attributes from his training screen.
    Last edited by Jimbokav1971; 25-09-2008 at 15:08.

First Team

Hitchin Town Season Review 2010/11

This will b a very short review, was a **** season, started crap then got worse. with 3 games to go I was in 22nd place 2 points from safety. I had to play on the monday, tuesday and sat. I won on the mon then lost on tues(sounds like a poor Craig David song dont it?) so going onto the last day I was 21st 2 points behind Macclesfield. We were at home to Halifax while macclesfield were away to Torquay. I had a nice 4-2 win so it was all down to Torquay. With 2 mins to go They were winnig 1-0 and I was safe, then Macc scored in the 88th min and I was down on gd. Torquay then got 2 goals in the final min and I was safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another season in the BSP premier awaits, really really need to sort my defence out this summer, I conceded 107 goals in 46 matches.

Some advice needed guys (or girls?) what do you look for when signing a GK? Because all the ones I sign seem to have lead boots!

Third Team

I've loaned a GK in every season just not been able to find a decent one for myself.

Part-timer

For the past 2 seasons I have loaned in the same DM, DL and ST, but this season the ST (Frain) will not be loaned out as he is in the 1st team plans at Bristol City.

First Team Squad Member
    XBL tag: Nadessico. I'm the tag team champions!

I've loaned a GK in every season just not been able to find a decent one for myself.
    i'm yet to find any on load at all could really do with one too

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Nadessico View Post
    i'm yet to find any on load at all could really do with one too
    Mine have been from my parent club, there have been a few chucked up by the scouts who would come though. A bad keeper on loan is still better than what I have found to sign.

Part-timer

8 games gone and I'm 20th in the BSP with 6 points, the team are playing so crap at the moment, we are doing quite good at home, but away we are just shocking, I think a change in tactics are in order here.

First Team

happyslappy. If I'm ever on your position, I go to a basic 4-4-2, slightly attacking, direct balls forward, a big man up top with my fastest players playing off of him, and try and rebuild a tactic from there. If anything, you'll grind out a few 1-0's and rack up the points and confidence.

First Team

Well this is the keeper Im using this season http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q...oreProfile.png

Third Team

NepentheZ, I do something similar when I'm struggling, but rather than 442 I use a 433 with direct passing and try to pack the midfield.

Youth Team

darren.

I got this guy in on loan for the 2009/10 season. (Remember I'm not using real players so he's a FRED.

He was released at the end of the 09/10 season by League 1 Luton, (at which time I signed him mon a free).

Since I first loaned him, he has played in 100% of my games 201 appearances, but has only kept 52 clean sheets, (which is considerably less than I would have expected).

The first thing I look for in a GK is positioning, (15).

Then I look at the following as a group.

Jumping 18.
    Agility 10.
    Aerial Ability 7.
    Handling 12.

I usually would discard the player as a transfer target because one of these is below 10, (aerial ability), but as the strength of my DC's is in the air (Hardy jumping 16 heading 16 & Flynn jumping 16 heading 7), then they can cover theses inadequacies.

GK's seem to be a bit of a dark art compared to mastery of other positions and I do look at a 3rd set of attributes when looking at players too.

Comman of Area
    Communication
    Reflexes.

I don't look at the distribution abilities of kicking or throwing at all when considering whether I should sign a player. They do not get considered until I start to set individual tactics after a player has joined.

I look at things the opposite way round to most people and I deal with GK's in the same way as I do DC's. If I have a GK/DC who is really bad at distribution, (passing/kicking/throwing), then rather than playing "safe" and setting the instructions to "long kick" or "long ball and minimise the risk of making a costly mistake, (but also in all probability coughing up posession on a regular basis), I actually make the DC/GK make short easy passes, (usually to full-backs who are good passers of the ball). This is the best way to cover up a players distribution weakness without affecting the existing tactic. You could still play a long ball tactic for example.

I guess what I am saying is that it's possible to cover up a GK's deficiencies in certain areas so that in effect he plays as a far better player than he actually is.

I spent a LOT of time looking at this in my Mosside save as I had a very average GK who scored loads of goals and I had to do my best to cover up for him.

Although you will be trying to improve the quality of the GK's in your squad, (it's not easy due to your lowly reputation), maybe you should just concentrate on getting the best out of what you already have. Have a look on what you can do to cover is inadequacies and see how that goes for a while.

First Team

Thanks Jimbo will try and put this into action The keeper I've got at the moment is starting to play well, however saying that in the last 2 games we played, the oppo had 5 shots on target and we conceded 5 goals

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by darren1983 View Post
    however saying that in the last 2 games we played, the oppo had 5 shots on target and we conceded 5 goals
    Welcome to FM08.

Youth Team

Do you play Doch upfront on his own?
    2009/10. 21 goals from 11(36) appearances. He was only 16 for most of this season so I usually started him on the bench and introduced him in the 2nd half of games. The 11 games that he started in were games that I played 2 up front. It generally didn't go well and I soon stopped.

2010/11. 32 goals from 8(34) appearances. I was happy with his goal return last season so I continued with introducing him in the 2nd half and I 32 goals was more than I hoped for as we romped the league and were promoted. I played 1 up front for most of this season but again experimented with 2 up front at the end of the season. These were the games that he started.

2011/12. 21 goals from 29(17) appearances. Doch really impressed last season so I wanted to start him more often and make better use of him so played 2 up front at home and left him on the bench away from home as I reverted to just 1 up front. Neither worked if I am honest. He didn't perform well at home with 2 up front and many of his goals were scored away from and still didn't earn us any points as we conceded more than we scored. Still, we didn't get relegated so it can'yt have been a complete disaster.

2012/13. 48 goals from 29(24) appearances. With an improving team, I opted to persist with 2 up front at home, and keeping 19 year old Doch on the bench away from home where I played 1 up front. It worked better in the closing stages of the season, especially away from home where Doch always seemed to score a after being introduced.

So at the beginning of the 2013/14 season Doch is now 20 and a man. He is by far my best SC and it is hard to keep start him on the bench. Part of the reason he was so succesful, (I think), is that I have instructions making him work hard and close the opposition GK down at every opportunity, (which is hard work when you are on your own up front), and when you are also being played as a Target Man with "run onto ball" as the instruction. Introducing him as a 2nd half sub meant that the defenders were already tired and so improved his chances when they presented themselves.

My plan this season is to persist with playinig 2 up front at home, (although I will be changing the TM instructions to "to feet" and I will continue to use "run onto ball" with a lone striker away from home.

Third Team

All gone wrong for me tonight. Link

Part-timer

Quote Originally Posted by NepentheZ View Post
    happyslappy. If I'm ever on your position, I go to a basic 4-4-2, slightly attacking, direct balls forward, a big man up top with my fastest players playing off of him, and try and rebuild a tactic from there. If anything, you'll grind out a few 1-0's and rack up the points and confidence.
    At the start of the season I stuck to my 4-1-3-2 formation when playing away, but for the past 2 or 3 games I have changed to a 4-1-4-1 formation, and in these few games we have picked up 5 points, so the signs there show that our fortunes are changing slightly.

I have also just signed a new ST, who, with pace of 17 I'm looking to use just like Jimbo use's Doch, as a sub in the last 15-20 minutes to try and snatch a late goal or two.

Part-timer

Looks like I may have been right, my new ST with 17 pace just scored in the 92nd minute to secure a 1-0 win away to 2nd place Carlisle.

First Team

\o/

Congratulations.

I've actually taken on board what Jimbo has been doing with bringing on a young striker late in the game, and in the 2 games I've tried it, it was successful, having him score 3 goals in about 35 minutes of combined play

Part-timer

My form has gone tits up, first I was playing okay at home and crap away, now it's the opposite.

Think I'll have to switch to a new home formation.

Amateur

Just started this with Marine.
    Going to be extremely tough, seeing as I'm already 25K in the red!
    Hopefully can get a safe midtable place this year

Amateur

Well its been 271 days since i last played a game in the dafuge challenge and i have decided to finish what i started before 2009 comes out.

I lost in interest in the game after getting luckily promoted to the Championship after being outplayed in the playoffs. Seens as i had the worst team in the championship and the board weren't giving me any money nor producing a parent club i feared relegation was inevitable. I have returned to that challenge.

Ok bare with me, they've changed how to add an attachment since i was lost on.

2016-17 season Bedford Town

pos 11 played 46 won 20 drew 8 lost 18 goals for 102 goals against 86 points 68

Well the goals werent a problem, 2nd highest in the division with Nemeth and Parkinson 2nd and 3rd highest goalscorers in the division both getting over 30.

http://img217.imageshack.us/my.php?image=201617au3.jpg

Yeah won't let me post attachments so that will have to do as my proof.

I have 5mil in the bank but the board is giving me 400,000, which im strugglying to spend, with hardly any decent players wanting to come. I have picked up a couple of gems though. A hungarian winger called Lesko on a free who is now worth 1.8 after a season and getting plenty of interest. His contract is up at the end of the season so unless i get promotion he and my best centre back will be off.

Im hopeful for my 2nd season in the championship having finished 6 points from the playoffs last season. And with Portsmouth and Newcastle promoted the league looks alot more open apart from West Ham, for a promotion push.

Part-timer

This game is doing my ****ing head in now!

Part-timer

That's it!!

I give up, screw this crap save, I'm starting again!!!!

Youth Team

Happy. Just holiday until the end of the season and create a new manager at a newly promoted team.

It saves you having to go through all the holidaying and that hellish first vseason again.

Banned
    Chairman of the Lee Johnson appreciation society!!

has anyone completed this challenge yet?

Third Team

Plenty of people. dafuge, michaelmurrayuk, kaNovi to name a few. If you go back to the last time dafuge posted an updated table you can find out.

Part-timer

Happy. Just holiday until the end of the season and create a new manager at a newly promoted team.

It saves you having to go through all the holidaying and that hellish first vseason again.
    I deleted the save, think I'll just start all over again.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by canvey!! View Post
    Plenty of people. dafuge, michaelmurrayuk, kaNovi to name a few. If you go back to the last time dafuge posted an updated table you can find out.
    I've found it for you (Link!).
    gillianchung, Scab, Leth4187, Beng, 3Sixty, dafuge, Rickaldo, kaNovi, ejthegreat, Annihilator666 and michaeltmurrayuk have completed the challenge. That's 11 people.

Amateur

Alright, I feel like I need a new challenge. I'm giving this a go.

Rather predictably, the promoted team after season one was AFC Wimbledon, whom I shall be taking this challenge with.

In come 4 loan signings from my parent club Crystal Palace, all of whom look like they could blitz the league. Also arriving are two mega target men to fit my tactic (I'm playing on FM07, where a target man is pretty much de rigeur).

End of season update in due course...

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by TSmith1991
    I'm playing on FM07,
    Quote Originally Posted by Challenge Thread
    dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge
    I'm not sure if the 07 thread is still about, but I'm pretty sure FM08 is supposed to be used for this challenge.

Amateur

I didn't really want to drag up an old thread to be the only one posting in it. I just liked the look of the challenge and thought I'd give it a go. If you've got a problem with it I'll stop though...

First Team

Meh .... its fine by me. - Just make sure in your End of season reports (or any report) - you let us know you'r on FM07

Oh, and good luck in the challenge.

First Team

Real London Update - Season 2 (2010/2011)

To begin....

NepentheZ takes charge of 100th game

Already at 154 by the end of the season, but won my 100th game incharge 4-0 against Bath, infront of the home fans. Greenbean and de Vet scored 2 each, but only 543 fans turned up to see the victory.
    Blue Square South Prediction - 15th
    Blue Square South Position - 2nd
    F.A Cup - 3rd Qual. Round
    Setanta Shield - 5th Round
    F.A. Trophy - 2nd Round

Blue Square South - Graph | Table

Blue Square South : A much, much better representation on the quality my team has. Unlucky to lose 3-2 to Havant & Waterlooville in the Play-Off final, but no where near winners Woking, who got the most points ever in the BSS. They were dominant, and rarely lost. Next season, If I keep up the same form, winning the league should be what happens, but I'll settle for promotion via the play-offs.

F.A Cup : Went out to a team I've never heard of. Frustrating.

Setanta Shield : My best run in the Setanta Shield this season. Made it all the way to the 5th round, knocking out 2 BSP teams on the way. the prize money really helped.

F.A Trophy : Once again, the furthest I've been, but knocked out by yet another all grey squad. Its extremely frustrating.

Best Elevens - Season | Overall

Other Info

Finances
    Team Selection
    Team Info

Manager Info
    Manager Overview
    Manager Profile

Player Records
    Team Records

Transfers
    Affiliated Clubs
    Real London Staff

Awards

Blue Square South - Player of the Season : Ryan de Vet
    Fans Player of the Year : Tomb Raider
    Blue Square South - Manager of the Season, 3rd place : NepentheZ

New Real London Records*

Most Wins in a Row : 6 Wins
    Most Club goals in a Season : Ryan de Vet, 38 Goals
    Most League goals in a Season : Ryan de Vet, 33 Goals
    Worst Discipline : George Kemp, 11 Yellow | 1 Red
    Youngest Player : George Kemp, 16 years and 1 day old
    Most Goals in a Game : Ryan de Vet, 6 Goals
    Most Man of the Match in a Season : Ryan de Vet, 10 MotM Awards
    Most Assists in a Season : Bullseye, 25 Assists
    Record Attendance : 1,475
    Record Gates : 7,000

*Records are only displayed when broken, and may not represent the final tally of the broken record

Players of the Season

Ryan de Vet : A loan signing from Fulham, he was simply phenominal. Finished with 54 league goals and 4 cup goals, breaking the Blue Square South record for top scorer. He really helped the club push forward for promotion, and I'll do all I can to secure his signature for another season.

Tomb Raider : Butler was great this season, playing as the second striker alongside de Vet, and still managed to bang in 26 goals. Played well during de Vet's injuries, and firmly secured himself amoung the fans as a favourite, winning Fans Player of the Season.

Season Summary
    A great season. Better cup runs, more consistent in the league and a team made up of only 1 loan signing, that still managed to dominate. Next season, I'll need a few new strikers and a new goalkeeper, possibly a new Left Back, but the rest of the team is solid and worthy of winning the division. Financially, the club is being held back because the fans just aren't turning up. We made a loss every month last season, and the club is now 300,000 in the red. This is seriously hampering the development of the club, as its not allowing the youth and training facilities any expansion, and that could be costly in the long run. I've had to rely heavily on free transfers and loan signings to make up a squad, and thanks to my brilliant 3 scouts, I've been doing a fine job. Hopefully, after finishing 3rd, more fans will show up, and we'll start getting around 1,000 per game, instead of the 694 Average of last season, and start pumping some cash into the club. 1 single decent cup run would also be great, and winning a cup would be massive for the club in terms of prize money and gates.

Manager history

Season 1 - Blue Square South - 8th place
    Season 2 - Blue Square South - 12th place
    Season 3 - Blue Square South - 2nd place

*Real London were formerly Hendon

Third Team

Very good season for you Neppo. Shame about the playoff loss. Just one thing: you really ought to check your Windows Live email .

Amateur

New consortium just took over and sacked me. ********.

Holidaying to next year and plan to take over the next promoted team. Hopefully this time I'll last a bit longer...

First Team

Haha. canvey!! - I get like 300 e-mails per day, so I rarely check it, because 299 times out of the 300 its spam

Also, I've just signed THIS GUY..!!

He's 15, he's an AML - and he look bloodey fantastic.

Reserves

Haha. canvey!! - I get like 300 e-mails per day, so I rarely check it, because 299 times out of the 300 its spam

Also, I've just signed THIS GUY..!!

He's 15, he's an AML - and he look bloodey fantastic.
    OMG, he looks sick ~drool~

And only 15 too! Hope he has a long career at Real London.

What do the scouts say?

First Team

Currently "A good signing for most League 2 sides" or a "Leading Star for most Blue Square Premier" sides.

Potentially "A good Championship left midfielder" or a "Leading Star for most League 1 sides"

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by canvey!! View Post
    Very good season for you Neppo. Shame about the playoff loss. Just one thing: you really ought to check your Windows Live email .
    Ahaha. Yea, tol' you I had a lot of spam. No matter what I do, I can't stop it. As soon as I create a new Hotmail account, within days I start getting 50+ per day. 1200 is nothing. Its usually around 4,000 - but every 3 days it self deletes unopened messages.

Semi Pro

Ahaha. Yea, tol' you I had a lot of spam. No matter what I do, I can't stop it. As soon as I create a new Hotmail account, within days I start getting 50+ per day. 1200 is nothing. Its usually around 4,000 - but every 3 days it self deletes unopened messages.
    what about a gmail account?

First Team

The names I wanted for G-Mail were gone. Also, I already have like, 15 E-Mail accounts, I can barely remember the passwords for them already

Semi Pro

The names I wanted for G-Mail were gone. Also, I already have like, 15 E-Mail accounts, I can barely remember the passwords for them already
    baah find a new nick then

I use the same password for my 2 email accounts.

Reserves

Currently "A good signing for most League 2 sides" or a "Leading Star for most Blue Square Premier" sides.

Potentially "A good Championship left midfielder" or a "Leading Star for most League 1 sides"
    Looks good. My Montserrat regen has the same potential!

Nep, just find a new nickname. All my email addresses have different names

Amateur

My new attempt with fake players with Tiverton failed miserably, so headed back to my AFC Wimbledon game.

Just played the last league game of the 2024/25 season and not only have I made it 4 titles in a row but on the last day of the season, I consign one of the "big 4" to the Championship.

With a loan debt of 576million, it might be a long long long road back for them.

Full details in Season Review later.

Amateur

Well just finished my 2017-18 season with Bedford, and was probably my worst season to date. I finished 12th in the Championship after an 11th place finish last year.

I was in the playoff places up until christmas then had a bad run of 11 games with out a victory.

I had to sell my best centre midfielder for 1.3mil and my best centre back for 1.2 mil as there contracts were up in the summer and they were refusing to sign new deals. I think it cost me any chance of a playoff place.

My squad is pretty young though and progessing nicely. Hopefully my clubs rep will keep improving and will allow me to buy more established players. The worrying issue at the moment is pretty much 3/4 of my squad are out of contract next season, 8 of which are pretty key players so am gonna have to make some tough decisions over the summer if they won't sign new contracts. I already have over 6mil in the bank so money isnt the big issue but at the same time i won't let them go on a free but i have 3 players valued 2mil who are attracting alot of attention. Will be sorry to see them go as they are all in their early 20's but can't help thinking that not allowing them to leave in January affected their form pretty dramatically and so don't want to be in the same situation again even if they are destined for greatness.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by adamc81 View Post
    Well just finished my 2017-18 season with Bedford, and was probably my worst season to date. I finished 12th in the Championship after an 11th place finish last year.

I was in the playoff places up until christmas then had a bad run of 11 games with out a victory.

I had to sell my best centre midfielder for 1.3mil and my best centre back for 1.2 mil as there contracts were up in the summer and they were refusing to sign new deals. I think it cost me any chance of a playoff place.

My squad is pretty young though and progessing nicely. Hopefully my clubs rep will keep improving and will allow me to buy more established players. The worrying issue at the moment is pretty much 3/4 of my squad are out of contract next season, 8 of which are pretty key players so am gonna have to make some tough decisions over the summer if they won't sign new contracts. I already have over 6mil in the bank so money isnt the big issue but at the same time i won't let them go on a free but i have 3 players valued 2mil who are attracting alot of attention. Will be sorry to see them go as they are all in their early 20's but can't help thinking that not allowing them to leave in January affected their form pretty dramatically and so don't want to be in the same situation again even if they are destined for greatness.
    perhaps ship the players off for a lot of money before they run out of contract and leave for free.

Amateur

yeah i can probably get 2-3 mil for them each, anymore and the chairman tends to accept the bids anyway so might even be out of my hands.

The problem i have is that i havent been able to spend the money i have with alot of players not wanting to consider my offers. So getting reasonable money for them might help me in the longrun but im tending to rely on my scouts to pick up the bargains to replace first teamers at the min, and whilst its working there taking time to bed in. To add to that Everton and Leeds have just got relegated to the Championship so will be a tough league.

I think your right though, just going to have to cut my losses, work with the youngsters i have on long term contracts and hope to pick up a couple of decent replacements. Another midtable finish will look likely though.

Semi Pro

Hopefully getting a fair amount of cash could provide a decent cover in new players.

I hate it when players leave on free. Then it's better to offer them to clubs for a larger fee and cash in.

Semi Pro

I've done some reloading tests just to see which teams are available the most. (yeah I was bored )

This is the result of 50 reloads:

Code:
    North           No
    Bedford                11
    Gateshead            14
    Guiseley                 6
    Halesowen              2
    Hednesford Town   21
    King's Lynn           33
    Marine                 13
    Matlock Town       13
    Whitby                  2
    Witton Albion        21
    Worksop Town      11

South                    No
    AFC Wimbledon     43
    Billericay Town     11
    Chelmsford City    32
    Chippenham          2
    Hitchin Town         9
    Mangotsfield         1
    Margate             13
    Merthyr Tydfil     30
    Tiverton Town    12
    What you can use this for? I have absolutely NO idea

argh can't figure out how to sort this right

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelS View Post
    I've done some reloading tests just to see which teams are available the most. (yeah I was bored )

This is the result of 50 reloads:

Code:
    North           No
    Bedford         11
    Gateshead       14
    Guiseley         6
    Halesowen        2
    Hednesford Town 21
    King's Lynn     33
    Marine          13
    Matlock Town    13
    Whitby           2
    Witton Albion   21
    Worksop Town    11

South             No
    AFC Wimbledon     43
    Billericay Town   11
    Chelmsford City   32
    Chippenham         2
    Hitchin Town       9
    Mangotsfield       1
    Margate           13
    Merthyr Tydfil    30
    Tiverton Town     12
    What you can use this for? I have absolutely NO idea

argh can't figure out how to sort this right
    That should look better for you mate.

Semi Pro

Thanks Nep.

How did you fix it?

It actually a quite interesting piece of reloading. Out of 50 reloads only 2 teams below rep 1000 came up and only 3 times in total.

First Team

I just changed the text inside the code tags to Courier New. It works in a different format, and basically, the gaps you see are the gaps that appear when you post, rather than you having to count out the spaces. Try it out.

I'll show you best I can....

Not Courier New :

What you see.....

Code:
    Games | Won | Lost 
       2  |  2  |  0
    What the coding shows....

Code:
    Games | Won | Lost
         2         2       0
    Courier New......

What you see....

Code:
    Games | Won | Lost
      2   |  2  |  0

Code:
    Games | Won | Lost
      2   |  2  |  2
    See. Much easier. I just wish you could have Courier new as a default font.

Semi Pro

aaah sehr cool. Thanks a lot

First Team Squad Member
    Serps lives on, in the hearts and minds of all of us.

I have decided to give this challenege a go because I have heard such good things about it. I have never managed below the Chapionship in FM08.

I chose to take over AFC Wimbeldon, here is my manager profile:

Amateur

Nice pic.

Anyway, a new season, a new job. This time it's Chelmsford who I shall be taking up the leagues.

More to follow...

Banned

Given this thread isn't nearly as busy as it was (obviously, given the time of year) I may as well post some updates of my Billericay game. I actually hollidayed for two seasons, not one, with fake players, and had a choice of Billericay, Gloucester and Witton as my three preferred teams. Anyway, first season was a success, getting promoted via the playoffs after blowing a lead at the top of the table to Ebbsfleet.

Final table - Must say I've found getting promoted from the BSN/BSS easier this version than any other, even without excessive loan signings. That said...

Price - My star loanee for the season. I don't have Arsenal as a parent club but my scout turned up a few of their youngsters as loan options, so I pounced on him.

McKay - My other star. 18 league goals and 22 assists (all from open play too), with he and Price forming a seemingly telepathic understanding on the field.

The playoffs were pretty straight forward as only Ebbsfleet really provided any sort of a challenge during the season proper. Now I am predicted to finish 24th in the BSP, but I've gone for mid-table finish. Haven't gone overboard with signings, and only lost one first-teamer over summer, that being my left-back to Bury on a free.

Here is the pick of who has come in...

Wallace - Signed on a free from Brighton and has plenty of L1 experience. Should be too good for this level up front.

Parsons - Released by Wolves having not played a game in three seasons, he gives me a genuine dead-ball specialist.

Bottinelli - Released by QPR, I came across him playing for Basingstoke against me last season. Has English as a second nationality.

Shaw - Released by Portsmouth after a loan spell at Maidenhead, he'll provide competition for my two CM slots.

I also got Price back on loan again (has me and the club as favourites, but an exorbitant salary of 30,500pw probably ensures he'll never join permanently), so I am pretty happy with the depth of the squad, although could probably use an extra GK. I think top half is achievable depending on how quickly the side gels.

Semi Pro

hehe never seen this before :-D

Semi Pro

Just started a game as the mighty Hendon . I've decided to write a story to go with it and, if anyone is interested, the link can be found here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=48219

Semi Pro

I still have my Chippenham save but wanted to try out one of the minor clubs and also try our mixed player names.

So I went for Mangotsfield. I scouted all players and found a huge load of danish player, incl this guy. His league debut looked like this.

Third Team

Code:
    Games | Won | Lost
      2   |  2  |  0

Code:
    Games | Won | Lost
      2   |  2  |  2
    See. Much easier. I just wish you could have Courier new as a default font.
    And Courier New gets rid of those two losses! You enter them in the code, but all of a sudden, they're gone

First Team

Hahaha. yea, I was rushing as I was typing it - New I had something wrong somewhere.! Doh.

Third Team

Hahaha. yea, I was rushing as I was typing it - New I had something wrong somewhere.! Doh.
    I almost didn't say anything . Proof-read before you post, or I'll be on you like a ton of bricks .

First Team

Well its hard. - I'm doing so many things at once, I really don't have the time to care if I write Knew or new.

I've got 26 tabs open on Firefox currently, and I use them all as regularly as each other, so you can imagine the mayhem when taking 30 seconds to type out a few sentences on these forums. On top of that, I'm trying to write songs for my new (yea, new) mixtape, AND play FM08 at the same time.Its a wonder how I'm up to the 7th prestige on COD4

Semi Pro

It most be a living hell having you on msn. Takes you 2 hours to respond

First Team

Don't get me started. I rarely sign into MSN because I get a lot of the music world I'm involved in messaging me, and I just don't have time to respond

Anyway, getting back on topic - (sorry Daf, don't mean to hijack the thread....)

I've started my 4th season in the BSS in spectacular fashion, winning 10 of the first 12 games, and only losing to the leaders, who have an identical record to me (10 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss, 33 scored, 10 conceded) - and are only above me on head-to-head this season.

Also, you may have noticed (and I may have mentioned) - that I signed my loanee striker "Tomb Raider" from the first season, 2 years ago. He was on loan in my first BSS season with Hendon, got released by Southend and I snapped him up. Well, that very same season, I also loaned in Paul Hardy, and managed to sign him on another season loan the year after. He decided to go to woking after the 2nd year with me for a season, but then he left his parent club Wycombe, and I picked him up on a free transfer too. So my 2 loanee strikers that pretty much kept me in the division 4 years ago, are now my first choice strikers and are at my club on full time contracts. \o/

Amateur

im about to start this challenge as im bored of starting as a team in top 5-8 and winning it all so i was just wondering im from grimsby (45mins away from humber bridge for those that dont know) and would like to be a local team so if anyone can make any suggestions please do so the only real possibility is lincoln united. thanks

roberto922

Grumble, grumble, grumble I wanna play damn unreliable laptops. I will be back...

Banned

Just about at the halfway point of my first season in the BSP. Started ok but not great, but a slight tactical switch has resulted in seven wins in the last nine games to have me sitting pretty near the top - table. Club is still 350K in the red but has made a small profit each of the last two months, helped by a nice replay against L2 Wycombe in the first round of the FA Cup.

As expected, Wallace has blitzed the league, playing up top as a lone striker with two wingers cutting in either side. His workrate and off the ball movement are first class so he creates a lot of problems, although his lack of any real fitness means he tires easily. As you can see by this, he is by far the most lethal striker in the league, and if I don't get promoted I probably won't be able to hold into him.

My squad is still paper thin however, meaning Wallace often sees out entire games despite getting really tired. With that in mind I've organised my first ever money transfer (thanks to budget adjustment), bringing in Boateng, who's physical fitness will allow him to come on fresh in the last 15-20 minutes up front and also provide another midfield option. Leaves me with around 50K in the kitty and just over a spare grand per week in wages if required.

Defensively the team has been very sound but I may have some problems going into the second half of the season, as of my three best CBs, one has torn his calf and another has personal problems (local kid too, not the Argy), and I can't afford to grant him a leave of absence.

Finally, Farsley trumped me to the signing of this young man. I will certainly keep him shortlisted and see how his physical stats develop as he gets older and plays more first team football.
    Last edited by sirdez24; 30-09-2008 at 14:29.

Amateur

Last edited by matty_boy08; 30-09-2008 at 15:06.

Banned

As luck would have it, Boateng's final game for Kidderminster before joining me is a cup tie against me, and he has twisted his knee during the match and is thus out for a month. Lovely.
    Last edited by sirdez24; 30-09-2008 at 15:21.

First Team

sirdez24 - Gutted on missing out on Joe Davis. He looks awesome for that level. Nice start to the season, though. Looks like promotion is a real possibility.

matty_boy08 - Welcome to the challenge mate. Good luck with Hendon, its not easy, trust me

Banned

Nep, I think my lack of depth, particularly defensively, will catch up with me, but if I can stay in playoff contention for as long as possible and rebuild in the offseason I'll be very pleased.

First Team

Yea I had the same problem in my first few seasons. Scouting in season 1 is imperative if you want to compete in the next 1-3 years. If you haven't already, get your players and staff to sign full time contracts at ANY COST. The level of training is much higher of the part-timers and the class will show in the league after 2-3 months. You'll start battering teams that you should batter, and have much better competitive games against those around you.

Banned

For some reason both Billericay and Gloucester were professional clubs upon promotion to the BSS, which can't be right...

Semi Pro

I'm assuming you downloaded this game of dafuges website because I've got exactly the same grey players. Make sure you get Darren Francis signed up properly, my best player so far.

Third Team

Guiseley Blue Square Premier update 2010/011

Well i was right to be worried about our form from the end of last season as we carried that on and lost the first 4 games of the season including a 4-1 home hammering by Stockport.
    Things didnt get much better despite a 4-0 win over Torquay as only two wins from the next five games left us languishing in 21st position and in the relegation places.

But a 1-0 victory over Grays kickstarted our season as we went on a great run of form where there was only 1 defeat in the next 11 league and cup games which put us in a comfortable midtable position mainly thanks to the goals of Adam Le Fondre. The rest of the season was a bit mixed as we were immense at home but massively struggled away and this prevented a challenge for the playoffs and meant an eventual finishing place of 14th which is slightly disappoiting but its progress from last year so cant really complain.

Table
    http://img81.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tablepx6.png

I did learn a valuable lesson this season though and that was too not make huge squad changes in such a short space of time, but this season there wont be as many changes as there is a strong core too the squad. The Key player is Adam Le Fondre who ended up with 39 goals in all competitions to make him top league scorer. Damon Lathrope and Magnus Ueland were also two of the summer signings that turned out too be key players. Now with a more settled squad maybe there will be a chance to push on for the playoffs.....
    Squad
    http://img232.imageshack.us/my.php?image=squadoj2.png

First Team

Real London Update - Season 4 (2011/2012)

Blue Square South Prediction - 6th
    Blue Square South Position - 1st
    F.A Cup - 1st Round
    Setanta Shield - 4th Round
    F.A. Trophy - 1st Round

Blue Square South - Graph | Table

Blue Square South : WINNERS..!! I'm delighted. Apart from Forest Green Rovers, I completely dominated the league. Forest Green just couldn't keep up with the pace at the end of the season, allowing me to sew up the league with 3 games to go. Over 100 points, over 100 goals and just in general a perfect season. The only low point I can remember is losing to bottom club Hayes & Yeading who at the time had only won 2 games in 33, 2-1 after leading, and conceding 2 goals in injury time.

F.A Cup : Made it to the first round, where a home draw against Accrington Stanley saw me attract my biggest crowd and my biggest gate receipts. Its just what I needed, since the club is in such a financial mess.

Setanta Shield : Only made it to the first round, which is what the board wanted. Would have liked to have gone further.

F.A Trophy : An OK run here. Lost to BSP club, but should have done better.

Best Elevens - Season | Overall

Other Info

Finances
    Team Selection
    Team Info

Manager Info
    Manager Overview
    Manager Profile

Player Records
    Team Records

Transfers
    Affiliated Clubs
    Real London Staff

Awards

Real London Fans Player of the Year - Paul Hardy
    Blue Square South - Manager of the Season - NepentheZ

New Real London Records*

Record Attendance -
    Record Gates - 16,000
    Record League Position - 1st, Blue Square South
    Record Average Rating - 7.57 (Tomb Raider, 28 Apps)
    Record Wins - 8 Games in a row
    *Records are only displayed when broken, and may not represent the final tally of the broken record

Players of the Season

Paul Hardy - Signed him on a proper contract, rather than a loan contract, and he's not let me down. 33 goals in his first season as a real Real London player, and I couldn't be happier. He'll surely go on to become a legend at Real London

Bullseye - 22 assists from the midfielder, and you can see why he's dubbed Bullseye. Every pass seems to be pinpoint and lead to a goal. A great season, and if he wasn't around the midfield may not have been as potent.

Season Summary
    What a season. As you can see from the league graph, I wasn't outside of the top 2 all year. Fantastic run in the F.A Cup, but financially the club is in ruins. 500,000 in debt now, and some big gates in the BSP is a must. I don't want the club to start selling my players to balance the books, because I'll be right back down into the BSS. Also, I don't want the club to sell to investors, because it could mean my job.

Youth Players - Oddly, I got 2 Nigerians through my youth team this season. It strikes me as odd, because I've not got any Nigerians in the squad, or backroom staff, and have no Scouting Knowledge of Nigeria. None of my affiliated clubs have anything to do with Nigeria either, so its quite bizzarre as to why they came through.

Manager history

Season 1 - Blue Square South - 8th place
    Season 2 - Blue Square South - 12th place
    Season 3 - Blue Square South - 2nd place
    Season 4 - Blue Square South - 1st place | Promoted to Blue Square Premier

*Real London were formerly Hendon

roberto922

Well done Nep Bullseye certainly looks like a good prospect.

Reserves

Great season Nep. Good luck in the BSP.

Hope you get your finances fixed up. What's the main problem?

Bullseye is a great prospect you have there. Where did you get him from?

First Team

The finances... basically because we're not attracting crowds big enough to fill the stadium. We've got a 3029 seater, but as you can see by my records above, have only ever had 1,955 at once. My average attendance last season was 581 (down on last seasons 694) - and thats just not good enough. Even if we put 2,000 people in there per home game, we'd make about 3,000 profit per month - but its just not happening. I may sell a few fringe players to rake in 40,000 - but it wont really help matters much.

As for Bullseye, he's just a player who had no club on my player search filter. Theres usually about 50-60 at the start of every season, and I give them all trials and keep the best ones.

Banned

Congrats Nep, it's a great feeling to get out of the bottom league. Bullseye looks genuine league class too.

Have currently hit the top of the table after 26 games but am really struggling to bring in any defenders, even on loan.

Reserves

Well, you would get an attendance in the BSP, by how much I have no idea...

And sell anyone you can. Everyone was expendable in my Wombles game. You can probably get replacements for them anyways. Of course, I was lucky when Hayes & Yeading always wanted my players (2 goalkeepers and striker Scott Rhodes), and everyone wanted my backup and 3rd choice GK. Sold them to the highest bidder

Just keep loaning those West Ham players to keep you afloat in the BSP...

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by george94 View Post
    I'm assuming you downloaded this game of dafuges website because I've got exactly the same grey players. Make sure you get Darren Francis signed up properly, my best player so far.
    Yeah,
    I downloaded off the site.

Alright thanks mate.

Amateur

Just a quick question for everyone, I've noticed a lot of people attempting this thread give signings, particularly regens, nicknames, is there any reason for this.? Am i missing something fundamental from the game.?

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by LiRiM-InSaNe View Post
    Just a quick question for everyone, I've noticed a lot of people attempting this thread give signings, particularly regens, nicknames, is there any reason for this.? Am i missing something fundamental from the game.?
    I was just thinking the same this, especially Nep's fetish (hehe) with the *

Amateur

Real London? I know. I've been wondering it for a while. I don't think it does anything.

Page 110 of 115 FirstFirst ... 10 60 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 LastLast