+ Reply to Thread
Page 108 of 115 FirstFirst ... 8 58 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 LastLast
Results 10,701 to 10,800 of 11490

Thread: dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

Youth Team
    I used to chase eggs. Now I am just trying not to respond to eegits.

Default Re: dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

Unlucky Nep. It's a marathon not a sprint though.

Part-Timer

Nep - Unlucky to get sacked mate. Good luck with the new Real London.

Have you started a new game or just contiued on from the same one?

Amateur

Decided to jump on the bandwagon and try again with real players turned off. After half an hour of reloading, lowest reputation team I found was Tiverton, so went with them.

Surprised to find it has 2 parent clubs as well as better youth facilities than most.

Spent the last 2 hrs trying to find and trial unattached players. As Jimbo mentioned before, I noticed a lot less players to choose from this time around. This might be somewhat to do with Tiverton being in a smaller population area though.

Found this kid in my u-18's. There were 5 players there (none in seniors or reserves) but this one looks to have some promise. Hopefully he'll improve unlike most players who start at the club
    Evans

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbokav1971 View Post
    Unlucky Nep. It's a marathon not a sprint though.
    Yea I know. I just built some really strong foundations there

Quote Originally Posted by Razer82 View Post
    Nep - Unlucky to get sacked mate. Good luck with the new Real London.

Have you started a new game or just contiued on from the same one?
    Just continued on mate

Youth Team

What a rollercoaster.

1-0 down in the last minute, we grab a deserved equaliser.

Then we go up the other end and grab a winner.

Only to throw it all away and concede another.

Amateur

nep-might have been asked before but what season where you in when you got sacked?how come the date on the bottom of the screen says 2009?

First Team

I was in the first season, but late on, so instead of starting again and holidaying through 10 months, I just holidayed the last 2 months of teh current season and started again with "Hendon" - who were one of the teams I could manage, along with Marine and Whitby Town, who were both promoted into the BSN. I'm very much a BSS man, hence the reason I picked who I did.

Youth Team

I did exactly the same when relegated and sacked by Hitchin.

Not only does it save holidaying through a whole season, but you also have the benefit of an increased likelyhood of strange teams getting promoted and the big thing for me is that I had already spent a full year scouting.

I hate the first season.

First Team

I may well have bitten of more than I can chew here

Just ending pre-season, after some extensive work with the club, sorting out staff (I had none.!) and players (I only had that seasons promoted youth.!) - but am still yet to make a single signing with just 7 days until the new season begins

However, thats the least of my worries.

Pre-Season results

Walton Casuals 3 : 2 Real London
    Prescott Cables 5 : 0 Real London
    Real London 0 : 10 Leyton Orient
    Real London 0 : 3 Wembley (GTF)

And I've one last pre season game, v Burgess Hill, although like the rest, the result doesn't matter, since the team I have now I'm 100% certain wont be the team I'll have in 8 weeks time.

Amateur

10-0!!!!

Sorry to gloat nep.

First Team

Its ok. I even lost to Burgess Hill. These are clubs that have no real players, demolishing me. I fear this season could be very long, and very hard.

First Team

My first game of the new season is against Dorchester, who finished 2nd last season in this division. I can only field a team of 9 players that aren't "grey" - and only managed to sign 2 new players in then entire tranfer window. The absolute lack of quality that are interested in signing for me is astounding.

Anyway, here goes.........

*6 minutes later*

Real London 1 - 4 Dorchester.

I'm actually delighted. I expected to get battered here by 6 or 7 goals, but actually took the lead after 9 minutes with a stunning 45 yard strike. The old "he never meant it" caption came up, but I know he really did. Anywho, 2-1 down at half time, and expected an onslaught in the second half, but it just never came. A lot of building to do from here on in, but at least I know that even the decent teams wont spank me this season

Youth Team

Just to lift the gloom a little from Nep's leaking of goals, my DC has just scored a hat-trick, (all from corners), and he wasn't set to challenge the GK.

Amateur

Anyone got any idea how to post an update with hyperlinks to screenshots in it?

First Team

You mean like my updates?

First Team

I think it is like my updates, so just upload your picture to www.photobucket.com then take the Direct link (The normal URL) and copy it. Come onto the forums. Type some text, (IE - League Table) - highlight the text, then click on the world with the chain link. It will open up a box. Paste the URL into the box, and hit ok. Bam. Your text is now a hyperlink

Amateur

I've done the uploading stuff but I can't seem to get the hyperlink thing on the right click menu, I've managed to insert them in word, but they won't copy over.

Third Team
    Belgian Pro League Prediction winner 2012/2013 - Just for SRL

Guiseley 09/10 Season update

Well it proved to be a bit of dull season of midtable obscurity for us in our first season in the Blue Square but that was what i was expecting really and 17th isnt too bad in the end as survival was the original target.

Table
    http://img88.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tablenw8.png
    The pleasing thing about the season was that we were always around 15-19th place and never really looked like dropping into the relegation zone. Although we were really inconsitant and had a poor home record we achieved safety with 6 games to go but after that we lost 5 out of the last 6 games which is a bit worrying for next season.

In the FA Cup we made the second round after beating Fleetwood and Dorchester but we wasted a great chance to make the Third round by losing at home to York which was very disappointing.

The FA Trophy didnt last long again this season as we lost in the first round to Kettering.
    In the Setanta we got as far as the fifth round before losing to Forest Green but in the previous round we did produce a club record 7-0 win over Alfreton.

Here's my squad.
    http://img88.imageshack.us/my.php?image=squadtv1.png

I wanted to give the majority of last seasons players a chance and quite a lot of them welll mainly the defenders arent that good for this division so there will be a lot of changes as i would like to be challenging for a playoff place next season.

Third Team

I've done the uploading stuff but I can't seem to get the hyperlink thing on the right click menu, I've managed to insert them in word, but they won't copy over.
    Follow this link. Go to the bottom of the page and change the bottom drop-down box to "Full WYSIWYG Editing". Click Save Changes, and you should be able to do what NepentheZ suggested.

If the link doesn't work, go to the top of the page and click "User CP". Find "Edit Options" in the sidebar and you will be taken to the page the link was supposed to take you to.

Amateur

Season 2 – Blue Square South - Tiverton Town

In pre-season I strengthened the small squad as we had been relying too much on youth team players, we signed 7 players on frees and 3 on loan from our 2 parent clubs.

Transfers

Our pre-season friendly’s consisted of 3 wins and 4 losses, as I played 7 games to try and get a look at a few triallists.

The season began poorly with us loosing our first two matches before a 3-2 win home against Braintree got us off the mark, which was followed up by 3 successive losses which saw us languishing in the relegation zone. Our topsy-turvy season continued as we scored 3 successive wins, against Welling, Basingstoke and Eastleigh. A 3-2 loss to AFC Wimbledon was the pre-cursor to our FA Cup 2nd qualifying round match away against Blyth. It was a tough match which saw us come away with a 1-1 draw and a replay a couple of days later. The replay was a tough affair and we slipped up to a 3-1 defeat, losing in the same round of the FA Cup for the second season running. Two more losses (One coming in the Setanta Shield) saw us settle into a position just above the relegation zone. We then got into a period of crazy goal filled games. In the next 5 games, two wins, two losses and one draws yielded 17 goals scored and 14 goals succeeded. A 1-1 draw with Bognor Regis preceded a humiliating loss in the FA Trophy 4-1 to Ramsgate. Two more losses to Bromley and Merthyr Tydfil saw us going into the Christmas period not knowing what to expect. No-one amongst the Tiverton support would have expected 3 wins in 4 games, including a 5-1 thumping of Newport County, as we went into the new year as the division’s form team. January brought mixed fortunes as we lost on New Years Day 3-0 and twice more in the month, only managing a solitary win. After losing the last 2 matches of January we were hoping for more of December in February. We didn’t get it, losing all 4 matches and the first game in March, taking our losing streak to 7 matches. After that the 4-1 win against Chelmsford was a huge relief, and the following 3 games resulting in 3 wins was almost beyond belief. A 4-1 defeat away at Merthyr Tydfil was the inevitable blip, but 3 games later, and 3 wins later we had won 7 out of the last 8 games to move up to a solid 14th place finish.

League Table

Best Players

Paul Jarvis – 2 goals and 11 assists capped a splendid second season as the centre midfielder was voted fans player of the year again

Luke Daley – 3 goals and 15 assists from the right wing was a great first season with us

Craig Fletcher – 1 goal and 9 assists was a good first season from the left wing

Jamie Mackie – My personal player of the season, with 42 goals in 44 appearances

Liam Head – 37 goals in 42 games formed the other half of a deadly duo up front

Next Season Aims

1) Do better in the cups
    2) Get into the play-offs
    3) Better away form
    4) Rely less on two strikers
    5) Get better players to compete for a place

Also thanks to Nep and canvey!! for helping me with the hyperlinks

First Team

Ok OM - Heres how you do it.

Follow
    My
    Links
    Please

At no point do you need to use the right click of your mouse.

Edit : Ignore this now

Amateur

Yep, I thought it was right click as that's how it worked in MS Word and I didn't have the full editing thing selected.

Amateur

Just starting as a practise run for FM2009. Managing Tiverton Town. Sort of localish, and Argyle as a parent club (although we may have to get rid of the link with Exeter!!!). Anyways, no expecting much. Just seeing how it goes for the next game!

First Team

Good luck BF.

Youth Team

Scott Doch sets a new record for most goals in a season.

27 goals by January is good by anyone's standards. When you consider that they have been scored in only 8(25) appearances it's simply amazing.

(Note the improvement in his composure, concentration, creativity, off the ball and technique).

We are on a run of 12 wins and 1 draw in our last 13 games, (I am sure we will lose the next one now I have mentioned that). In case anyone thinks that we are hammering teams every week and that everyone is scoring goals and goals and more goals, we only have 1 other player in double figures, (our starting SC has 12). This puts the achievements of young Scott Doch into perspective.

It seems to be really working, playing him from the bench. He stays fit and finds himself up against tiring defenders who have already spent most of the game grafting by the time he comes on. With another 14 games of the season to go I am hopeful of him hitting the 40 goal mark for the season. I will keep him starting on the bench in any case but it looks like next season he could be ready to be unleashed.

We are currently sitting 2nd in the league, (1 point behind Billericay) and I'm desperate to keep the momentum going and avoid the playoffs. Having only 1 automatic promotion spot is a right buggar!

Typical!
    Last edited by Jimbokav1971; 19-09-2008 at 00:51.

First Team

Nice work Jimbo, He's only out for 6 to 14 days, it'll be ok

First Team

5 Games into the league campaign. and I'm 0 for 5 and only 2 goals scored.

I'm really struggling.

Youth Team

His replacement, (who had previously played over 11 hours without scoring), was brought on in the 2nd half and helped himself to a hat-trick.

First Team

His replacement, (who had previously played over 11 hours without scoring), was brought on in the 2nd half and helped himself to a hat-trick.
    You're not making me feel any better Jimbo

First Team

GAH. 0-7 now. I just cant score. Cant win, cant even get close. This is bad. I fear I could be sacked again.

First Team

\o/ - I spoke too soon. I was 3-0 down at half time to Thurrock, so came on here to complain. Just scored 3 in 9 minutes to make it 3-3 at full time, and my first point is on the board.!

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by NepentheZ View Post
    \o/ - I spoke too soon. I was 3-0 down at half time to Thurrock, so came on here to complain. Just scored 3 in 9 minutes to make it 3-3 at full time, and my first point is on the board.!
    Your on a roll now.

First Team

Your on a roll now.
    Not really. there was 5 goals in the next game. I scored none of them. If I make it to half way through the season, I'll be amazed. My players are so pathetic, and I've scouted every single player thats interested in coming to me now too, and none of them can improve my squad

First Team

Great news. I scored 5 goals in 1 game

Bad news. So did they. I lead 2-0, 3-1, 4-2 and 5-4 with seconds left. 5-5 FT.

Ahhhh its ok, I hear you say. Barton Rovers next in the F.A Cup 2nd Qual Rd. Barton Who? Exactly.

....Theres Hitting a new low....

....Theres dire straights .....

....Theres rock bottom ....

Then, theres Real London.

Barton Rovers 3 - 0 Real London.

How on earth am I expected to do anything ever with a pile of carp like this.

I'm exhausting myself trying to make this team work.

Youth Team

That sucks. It sounds like I was just licky to inherit a decent youngster like Doch, and then even more lucky to be able to pick up someone like Chef with his set-piece ability.

I got a GK and a DC in on loan, I signed a decent young MC, and I just fleshed out the rest of the squad around that framework.

If you really think there is no hope then maybe you should considering just jumping before you are pushed, holdidaying to 18th June and going again. It seems like you might be wasting your time with Hendon.

Youth Team

ps. Needless to say that Scott Doch got crocked on his return to the team and will now be out for about 6 weeks.

As a direct result, we fail to score for the first tijme in 19 games.

Although we obviously didn't win, at least we didn't lose.

Our league form stands at 15 wins and 2 draws in our last 17 league games.

With 19 league gams remaining, we have eventually overhauled Billericay at the top of the table, (albeit only on goal difference), and our 12 points clear of 3rd. I'm gonna be soooo gutted if we finish 2nd. Billericay have no injury worries and 3 strikers who have scored more than 20 goals this season.
    Last edited by Jimbokav1971; 19-09-2008 at 10:40.

Youth Team

Scott Doch is back in training but it his appears that his exploits are now attracting some unwanted attention.

This should help keep the Wolves from the door though. £28k over 5 years is only £100 per week by the way.

As his ability has increased, (and as the of JPP my best scout has improved from 18 to 20), so have the reports regarding his potential.

He is now regarded as a potential good Championship player of the future and aready he is classed as a good signing for any League 1 side.

Quite amazed at my good fortune.

First Team

That sucks. It sounds like I was just licky to inherit a decent youngster like Doch, and then even more lucky to be able to pick up someone like Chef with his set-piece ability.

I got a GK and a DC in on loan, I signed a decent young MC, and I just fleshed out the rest of the squad around that framework.

If you really think there is no hope then maybe you should considering just jumping before you are pushed, holdidaying to 18th June and going again. It seems like you might be wasting your time with Hendon.
    Yea a few loan signings would make a massive difference. The board are reluctant to allow me a parent club, however. Unfortunately, its not in my nature to jump ship, no matter how fast its sinking, and I'll plug away, confident that I can turn things around. Today, I'm literally going to spend most of my free time looking for new, better players, even those that don't appear to be interested in me. I've got 1 player who's BSP quality now, and although he can play MC, I play him upfront. I should possibly change that and have him as the focus point of the teams. Also, I may change tactics to long ball game and get a big man up front, because my pass, pass, shoot style isn't working.

Youth Team

Nep. What I did during my first season, (when I thought it was likely that I was going to get the sack), is I employed 3 scouts and gave them each the following instructions.

1. Best JPP scout. Scout Reserve League looking for players below 18 only. Also send him to search England looking only for players U18.

2. 2nd best JPP scout. Scout Reserve League looking for players below 21 only. Also send him to search England looking for players U21.

3. 3rd scout, (weakest a JPP). Send him to scout next opposition and also send him to scout England looking for players of all ages valued at ba maximum of £0.

When you get your reports back, have a look at what you have and anyone who looks even decent, send the same scout to scout him for 2 matches. The 2 matches plus the initial report sgould give you a good indication.

When you get the sack at the end of the season it should give you a pretty good shortlist of players that might be available to sign on a free having been released, or be able to sign on loan.

First Team

Cheers Jimbo, I'll set that up now. Fortunately, I'm still quite early in the season and do have a chance to get out of the relegation zone.

Youth Team

Ahhhh. I see you're like me. Play pretty quickly when things are going well but really slow it down and go into detail when things are struggling.

First Team

Yea man

If it aint broke, don't fix it, right? Thats me, anyway. But when it goes wrong, I spend ages on each game. Probably too long, actually. Perhaps part of my downfall

First Team

A swift change of tactic, and a game against 19th placed Margate. All is going well, and my big star man upfront is controlling the game for us. Its only 0-0, but we're dominating, and the goal would surely come.

Oh no, not for me. They injure the big man on the 39th minute and I have to bring on a poor replacement. The flow of the game changes in favor of Margate, they take a 1-0 lead. They break clear of my defence again, with my DC bringing down thier man on the edge of the area. Red Card. They score from the resulting free kick. 2-0 at HT and I'm a man light after dominating the opening 39 minutes.

They only managed 1 more in the second half to take a 3-0 lead, but I'm fuming that they injured my player.

Edit : Just to make matters worse, The big man up top is out for 1-2 MONTHS.

Youth Team

Not bad for an old bloke with pace and agility of 1 and acceleration and stamina of 2.

Chef is the exception that proves the rule about physical ability dominating the lower leagues.

Scott Doch comes back from injury to grab another record.

First Team

Nice work Jimbo. Chef must have excellent Mental Attributes.

Youth Team

Nep. I have failed and failed and failed with a TM tactic with FM08. This is the first time that I have got it to work and it is with a pacey striker and a "run onto ball" instruction and ith a big bloke in the AMC spot.

Youth Team

Nice work Jimbo. Chef must have excellent Mental Attributes.
    Chef is called Chef because his real name is Gary Rhodes.

First Team

I don't use him as a target man. But as I explained previous, for some reason, my tactic forces my right striker to get a lot of headers. This guy isn't the best (Jump / Head - 12 / 13) - but he smashes a lot of defenders, and is 6'1". I've not used the TM tactic since FM06 where it destroyed teams, and hate playing 1 upfront. I may give it a try, though. Although I do feel my team is getting better. I'm still signing / trialing a lot of players - and hopefully the scouts will come back with some good news.

I just want 1 win to set the ball rolling

First Team

Jesus.

I can't even dream of a player that good right now.! Even his physical attributes are better than most of my teams.! He's spectacular.

First Team

Jimbo - You may well have saved my career

I've not won, yet, but my scouts came back with 3 or 4 7* players. In the reports, it said "The player has no interest of joining our club at this time" - but also that "The player may favour a loan move" - which 1 already has. - my best scout thinks he's be a "Good signing for most league 1 sides" and can become a "decent championship player in the future".

'Mon.

First Team

Sweet, Sweet victory :*)

2-0 at half time, and away from home. I've got my two new loan signings up front, and I'm being totally outclassed. Second half, and a hat-trick from the new boy, two of which come in the last 6 minutes of the game secure NepentheZ his first win as Real London manager.

Hopefully, this is the start of things to come.

Part-Timer

Nice one Nep, a sign that things are improving for you. Let the winning ways continue!

Youth Team

Stannard was the brightest prospect promoted through the youth acadamy at the beginning of the season.

After a seasons worth of goals for the U18's (23 against the Reserves), I gave him his debut in the senior team and he responded with a goal and an assist in a 2-0 win, (and should have got MOM as he only played for 45 minutes).

Looks like I may have a nother decent striker at the club.

Youth Team

Sweet, Sweet victory :*)

2-0 at half time, and away from home. I've got my two new loan signings up front, and I'm being totally outclassed. Second half, and a hat-trick from the new boy, two of which come in the last 6 minutes of the game secure NepentheZ his first win as Real London manager.

Hopefully, this is the start of things to come.
    Looking good Nep.

Shouldn't be too hard to avoid relegation with a couple of decent strikers.

I would prefer to play 2 up front too but I use a barrow for my AMC while away so really next season I will be looking to maybe become more adventurous at home but probably not away. I also have only really had 2 strikers of any realy quality at the club so it is too hard to play 2 up front with nothing on the bench when that is the case.

First Team

They come like busses

So, I've just bagged my first 3 points of the season, and I'm delighted, naturally. Next up, we face top of the table Newport County. I'm dreading it. Sure, we've just won a game, but newport are a very strong side. We take a 1-0 lead after 1 minute, with loan striker Paul Hardy bagging another, but 7 minutes later my new DC goes and gets himself sent off. after 14 minutes, I'm 2-1 down, a man down and playing top of the table. Still not being dominated, I manage to nick one before half time, and go in @ 2-2, with Hardy scoringyet again. I decided not to plug the gap in defence, since the oppo was playing 4-5-1, so was confident the 3 defenders I had could do the job. Cue : madness. 2 more goals from hardy in the 52nd and 57th minute, another hat-trick complete, and a 4-2 lead. The game eventually ran out 4-3 even though we could have score 4 or 5 more with the chances we had.

2 wins on the bounce. I've beaten top of the league, and I have a potent striker. Things are looking up

Youth Team

Nice.

Where did you get Hardy from?

First Team

League 2 outfit Wycombe. Amazingly, he actually featured in their first team in the last 2 seasons, and he's only 18 now. So I've got a young striker with League 2 experience.!

Youth Team

Borehamwood. Conference South. End of season 2011/12 report.

We started ok with an unbeaten run of 5 games before the wheels came off a little and we lost 4 of the next 5 games. Searching desperately for a reason behind the slump, I realised that I had somehow forgotten to get a few of the new players on full-time contracts, (doh!).

After the improvement in training full-time kicked in, we finished the season with a 27 league game undefeated run, (consisting of 3 draws and 24 wins). It wasn't all plain sailing though as we scored many late goals to keep the run going and this was typified by saving a penalty and coming from 3 goals down in the last game of the season.

League Table.

League Graph.

Squad stats.

Key players.

Chef hit double figure goals again, (from set-pieces), and 39 assists show his ability with a dead-ball. What has gone unnoticed fo much of the game so far however is his pretty impressve set of PPM's.

Tom played the whole of last season at MC and also played the first 7 games of this seaon there until I decided to stick him at the back and he played there for the rest of the season.

Walsh was the starting SC for much of the season and he rewarded my faith in him with 24 goals and was shortlisted for the Conference South player of the season. On that note I find it strange that Doch outperformed him, (coming on in the 2nd half of games), but his average rating is nowhere near as good despite him contributing a similar number of goals, assists and MOM awards in a shorter time on the pitch.

Scott Doch. 32 goals from only 8(34) appearances is simply remarkable. Our best scout said that he had the potential to be a good Championship SC mid-way through the season, but after the run in of the season was disrupted by injury, they now think that he only has the potential to be a good League 1 player. Lets hjope I can hang on to him long enough to find out.

Players to watch.

Stannard was the best of the youth players promoted in 2010 and he scored a goal and an assist on his debut and followed it up with another goal in his 2nd game.The scouts say that he is already playing at close to his full potential, but I like the look of him and will be keeping my eye on him.

Hardy was signed on a free at the end of the season after being released by QPR after his loan with Fisher finished and the Super Hoops released him. He is very strong in the air, (albeit a little slow), and he looks like he has Captaincy potential. He's exactly what I look for in a centre-half. Mr Scout thinks that he could become a good League 2 DC.

Brazier was the best of the youth players that have just been promoted. His physical abilities are poor, (like many youth players), but his technical abilities look decent across the board. Worth keeping an eye on although my scout recons that he will only be good enough Conference National.

I have been offered a new 3 year contract.

Info.

Finances. 6 players were sold in the value of £192,833 this season. Not bad in Conference South eh.

Confidence.

Seasonal Best XI.

Overall Best XI.

So all in all pretty happy with the season. Can't be bothered even talking about Cups because I really just ignored them as thay suck ass.
    Last edited by Jimbokav1971; 19-09-2008 at 21:08.

First Team

Excellent stuff Jimbo. You really walked away with that league right there. A great return from Doch. and Chef is just stupidly good. Honestly, in my 2035 Real London game, He'd make my first team for a prem challenging squad.

Youth Team

I must admit that I have a habit of signing old players who are set-piece specialists and whi I "carry" in other areas of the game just for their abilities at bset-pieces.

Jon Harkness has been a favourite for about as long as Super Kyle and despite me only signing him aged 29 in Gundo's FM07 challenge, he still scored over 100 goals for me.

Set pieces are soooo important. Not just direct free-kicks but aslo corners and indirect free-kicks. I forgot to check at the end of the season but I can tell you I relied heavily upon them. Not just direct from them but also from "seconds".

I found him by scouting for a whole season and then searching the shortlist for set piece specialists. Might be an idea for you to task one of your scouts with this too.

Amateur

Just finished Pre Season. I can see this is going to be a struggle! Starting with only 5 outfield players (one of which is only 15 ) I needed players fast. Of my initial squad, a couple were alright. My hastily signed Assistant Manager rates Stanford as 5* and Watkins as 4*. However, despite their tender years they are both playing close to full potential.

The free market doesn't appear to hold any obvious gems, and although I've made 5 permanent signings non are above 3*. All blood and snorters to help me survive the first year (I hope!). My 3 loan signings so will hopefully add the quality, especially Mason and Strickland from Argyle on year longs. I'll stagger the use of my 7 remaining short terms to get quality utility players throughout the year.

Pre Season went fairly badly. But my main aim was to get players in. The team showed steady progress and after 3 games of tinkering a basic 4-4-2 formation I seemed to have hit something. The 1-1 draw with my parent club Exeter was an evenly fought game which I feel we could have won if I hadn't rested Mason for the first half.

Or it may have just given me false hope...!

Oh, and thanks for the luck Nep. Gald yours is starting to turn around!

First Team

Jimbo - Your scouting tactics may well have inadvertently saved my season. Due to the scout reports telling me I can possibly loan the player, I've loaned 6 players. My record in the first 12 games, pre-loaning was 12 games, 0 wins, 2 draws, 10 defeats. My record in the 11 games since then is 7 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats. I've moved up to 17th in the table and have a genuine shot at a high mid table finish if I keep up this form. I'm destroying all teams in my path, smashing 4 or 5 goals past my opponents on a regular basis, and the team feels real good. I've also managed to sign a couple of great young players. I'm real happy that I didn't throw the towel in with this one, but a long way to go yet.

Youth Team

It's the only way I know how to play Nep.

I just keep sending the scouts out over and over again. They come back with info on a lot of poo, but it is all worthwhile when you get what you want. It takes time and effort to look at each report and change the nickname where appropriate but it's just what I do.

ps. You are gonna come unstuck later in the season though so take the points while you can. You should have 2 guys on long term season loans but you only have a maximum of 7 short term loans for the whole of the season and it sounds like you have used 4 of them already.

Try to keep the rest in Reserve for when you need a boost.
    Last edited by Jimbokav1971; 20-09-2008 at 01:47.

First Team

Its actually 8 short term loans. I'm not sure what a short term loan is, but I've got 2 for a whole season, 3 for 3 months and 1 for 8 months. So with 4 short terms left, I can actually get them for 6 months. And seeing as I have 2 full terms, and the limit of loans in a squad is 5 players, then I'd say I'm pretty safe.

First Team

OK, thats a lie. the 8 month one fell through. - (he accepted, and I just assumed if it were to cancel it, it would do it then, not the next day)

Soooooo yea. I could be in a bit of trouble come the end of the season.

Youth Team

Oh right. I always thought that a short term loan was a max of 3 months.

But if you;ve got 2 season long loans and 1 8 month loan then I don;t know what the score is. I might have to experiment to see what is what.

[Edit] I've just seen your last post so yeah you might struggle after Christmas.

First Team

Oh right. I always thought that a short term loan was a max of 3 months.

But if you;ve got 2 season long loans and 1 8 month loan then I don;t know what the score is. I might have to experiment to see what is what.
    OK, thats a lie. the 8 month one fell through. - (he accepted, and I just assumed if it were to cancel it, it would do it then, not the next day)

Soooooo yea. I could be in a bit of trouble come the end of the season.
    My mistake.

Banned

Just make sure you renew the three month ones before the loan deadline, which will take you through to Jan/Feb when you can renew again. Have gotten plenty of 'short-term' loanees for basically a whole season this way.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by sirdez24 View Post
    Just make sure you renew the three month ones before the loan deadline, which will take you through to Jan/Feb when you can renew again. Have gotten plenty of 'short-term' loanees for basically a whole season this way.
    Yeah, but each time you "renew" them, it counts as another short term loan. As you can only have a set amount, (I thought it was 7 but Nep is probably right in that it is 8), then they soon run out. It's ok if you just have a couple of players on short term loans and you renew each one twice to get them through the whole season. You are unable to do that if you have 5 or 6 short term loans already at the club.

Part-timer

Get in!

First game of the season, a tricky away game, I only expected to get a point from it as well, so to win, keep a clean sheet and for my keeper to save a penalty is really something.

Not a bad start.

First Team

nice work Happy Slappy.! Nice to get a first win early.

Youth Team

Congrats Happy.

Any clean sheet away from home at this stage is worth a pat on the back.

Part-timer

Cheers guys, my main priority is to finish at least mid-table, and, based on the table so far, then we might be on our way.

Unbeaten after 7 games, if I had a ST with a bit more pace then I think that we could be higher.

Part-timer

Just lost our first game of the season 2-0 away to Billericay.

Ah well, still, it's a good start to the season with us being 3rd though.

First Team

Unlucky happy slappy.

Do you guys find that your loan signings all get you as the fave club? Lille's loan ended, and I renewed it, but he went back to his club for a period of 1 day. When he returned, I got the message "Lille welcomes dream move" - checked his profile, and Real London are his fave club. All my other loanee's have me as fave club too. Would this enhance my chance of signing them permanently?

Part-timer

Nope, none of my loanees have Merthyr Tydfil as their favourite club yet, but the way we are performing in the league, it is only a matter of time I hope.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by happy slappy View Post
    Nope, none of my loanees have Merthyr Tydfil as their favourite club yet, but the way we are performing in the league, it is only a matter of time I hope.
    It usually only shows up once the loan finishes, unless they win a player of the month award and thank the fans.

First Team Squad Member
    XBL tag: Nadessico. I'm the tag team champions!

AFC Wimbledon - 2008/2009 January update

Thought i'd finally get off my ass and continue my AFC Wimbledon game from 9 months ago

up to the half way point of a so-so season and we're out of every cup bar the Setenta shield which happens to be the only one i've met expectations for so far

Confidence

And as you can see the team is currently sat in 14th place

Table

The squad looks a little something like this

Squad

Thankfully it's not all bad news, atleast i've a someone upfront who knows how to score, i just need to fix my leaky defence or rename the club AFC Everton

Star Player

though with so many players signed, it's probually no surprise 1 doesn't know what the other is doing

Transfers

oh well, i can only hope the 2nd half of my season is better

First Team

Hand up who thought Bishops Strotford was named Bishops Stratford?

Unbelievable, the amount of years I've played this game, and the amount of time I've spent in the lower leagues, that I've only just realized its spelled with the first and second vowels as o's.

Third Team

Hand up who thought Bishops Strotford was named Bishops Stratford?
    I always thought it was Bishop's Storford. Not as bad as your assumption, I suppose.
    But I have been pronouncing Hayes & Yeading as Hayes and Yea-ding

First Team

Its actually Stortford. not Strotford or Stratford..!!

And how else would you pronounce that?

Third Team

Yedding. I was corrected by someone who lived in Watford, so maybe you have to be from around there to know how it's pronounced.

Youth Team

I used to play rugby against Bishops Stortford, so I have always known the score about that.

As for Yeading being pronounced Yedding, it's not near Watford at all, (although I am), but I have always known that too.

But get onto Bury & Worcester, and I would not be quite so smug at all.

First Team Squad Member

Worcester is pronounced Wusster

First Team

Bury is Berry, obviously?

And Worcester - wusster is brilliant.
    Just like Leicester = Lesster.

Youth Team

I have been calling Bury Burry all my life and just refuse to change now even though I have known for about 10 years that I was wrong. It's fekin Burry I tell ya!

As for Wusster, I remember trying to work out who Graeme Hick played for and I came up mwith sometjing like Worchestershire (or similar). lol.

Semi Pro

The imagine how all these clubs would be pronounced by us non-english blokes

Third Team

As for Yeading being pronounced Yedding, it's not near Watford at all, (although I am), but I have always known that too.
    9 miles. I class that as near .

Youth Team

Apologies. I'm surprised it's that near.

First Team Squad Member
    XBL tag: Nadessico. I'm the tag team champions!

AFC Wimbledon - 2008/2009
    Predicted finish: 5th
    Final Position: 13
    Biggest Attendance: 3039 vs Halifax (Setanta Shield 4th round)
    Smallest
    Attendance: 1860 Vs Bishop's Stortford (Blue Square South)
    Biggest Win: 4-0 Vs Weston-super-Mare
    (Blue Square South)
    Biggest Loss: 4-0 Vs Thurrock (Blue Square South)
    Seasons Highlight: 3-1 Win against Halifax in the Setanta Shield 4th round after going 1-0 down we scored in the 86th minute and then scored 2 winning goals in extra time. Not bad against a side a divison higher and flying.

Season performance: Well what to say, we started well, then hit a 7 match run of losses, then the season went all wierd after the January update, where we ended up comfortly beating teams in the top 5 then losing to teams struggiling for relegation

League Table

We added 2 new players to the squad, before pulling in a few more players on short term loans. New captain Luke Graham was easily the man of the season for me while Raphael Sylvester was the lead scorer, and only player to reach double figures in goals

Squad

Transfers

As for the Board and Financial side. The good news is i can't see myself getting sacked just yet, but the club has got some very heavy losses to deal with, mainly from players in the team before i arrived on high contracts that i just could not get rid of.

Confidence

Finances

Somehow i don't feel good about next season

First Team

Real London Update - Season 1 (2009/2010)

Blue Square South Prediction - 22nd
    Blue Square South Position - 8th
    F.A Cup - 2nd Qual. Round
    Setanta Shield - S 1st Round
    F.A. Trophy - 2nd Round

Blue Square South - Graph | Table

First 13 Games :

Code:
    | Won | Draw | Lost | GF | GA | GD | Points

0  |   2  |  11  | 13 | 41 |-28 | 2
    The rest of the season.....

Code:
    | Won | Draw | Lost | GF | GA | GD | Points

17  |   5  |   7  | 70 | 48 |+22 | 56

Blue Square South : Unreal, really. 13 games without a win, and then only 7 more losses in 29 games. I amassed more points in the 29 games than any other club, with exception to Crawley. If I had a better start to the season, I would have no doubt finished in the play-off positions, and as it is, only missed out on them by 8 points. Cant complain with the season, a fantastic result in the league, when I was predicted to finish last, and was 12 points behind 2nd bottom after 13 games. Unreal.

F.A Cup : Lost out early to a team I've never heard of. Barton Rovers destroyed me 3-0.

Setanta Shield : Lost 2-0 to lewes in the first round. This was still in the period when the club was playing exceptionally bad.

F.A Trophy : This cup is the only one that I won a game in, in the domestic cups. I beat non-leaguers Lincoln Town, before turning over Thurrock in the 1st round proper, until I eventually went down 3-2 to Prescott Cables in the 2nd round.

Best Elevens - Season | Overall

Best Elevens : Despite the fact it says Lille played Centerback and scored 27 goals, he didn't. He played Center Mid and scored 13.

Other Info

Finances
    Team Selection
    Team Info

Manager Info
    Manager Overview
    Manager Profile

Player Records
    Team Records

Transfers
    Affiliated Clubs
    Real London Staff

Awards

Fans Player of the Year : Richard Talbot

New Real London Records

Most Goals in a match : Paul Hardy, 4 Goals.

Players of the Season

Paul Hardy : Loaned in for the season, and almost single handed saved the club from relegation. Top scorer for Real London, and finished 4th in the league charts.

Kirk Butler : Another loaned in for the season. Not as prolific as Hardy, but still did a job, and covered well when Hardy was injured.

Darren Withe : Signed after my top scout recommended him, and he ended up playing a vital role in the center of midfield. finished up with 11 assists.

Season Summary
    I'm overjoyed. I've got a great basis for a team now, and hope to bring in some fresh new faces after some relentless scouting. More loans will come in to sure up the squad, but I'm very confident a top 6 finish is in the offing.

Manager history

Season 1 - Blue Square South - 8th place

*Real London were formerly Hendon
    Last edited by NepentheZ; 21-09-2008 at 19:44. Reason: Erm. Ask Canvey!!.

Reserves

Great turnaround to the season, Nep

Hope you can challenge for promotion next season

Third Team

*Real London were formally Hendon
    Sorry, this has been bugging me for ages.

formally
    1.in a formal manner: The store was formally opened on Tuesday.
    2.as regards form; in form: It may be formally correct, but it is substantively wrong.

formerly
    1.in time past; in an earlier period or age; previously: a custom formerly observed.
    2.Obsolete. in time just past; just now
    It's the second one you want. I'm probably the only one to spot this, it's just me being incredibly pedantic. Good season, though . Looks like next season you can play more consistently by starting well.

Definitions from www.dictionary.com.

First Team

canvey!! - I knew it didn't sound right when I said it in my head. I couldn't put my finger on it, and thought, I know its spelled right, so why doesn't it seem right. Now I know

Youth Team

Borehamwood. Conference National. January 2011/12. Short and sweet update.

After a 5-0 home victory against AFC Wimbledon in mid October 2011, a run of 9 league games without a victory, (3 draws & 6 losses), was ended when some key players came back from injury & suspension, (and we somehow managed to keep 11 players on the pitch for the full 90 minutes), as we stuffed Kidderminster 4-0 to stop our slippery slide down the table, (17th of 24, 8 points clear of relegation). Having 4 players shown red cards in these 9 games didn't help, but we weren't good even without that.

Scott Doch is the top goal-scoer with only 11 goals in 13(15) appearances as we have really struggled this season. I'm still hopeful of avoiding relegation and living to fight another day.

Youth Team

Nep. Nice recovery.

Looking good for next season.

Third Team

I have had a Dafuges Challenge game going since pre 8.0.2 patch but have not contributed to the forum and my game has got boring after 40 odd seasons so I am going to restart and post my updates.

The game is loading as I post this and I am just about to holiday, have also unticked real players so hopefully with a few people doing this and all starting at same time it is interesting.

Part-Timer

Cracking turn around there Nep - fingers crossed that next season will start the same way this one ended and you can use this form to secure promotion.

First Team

Nep. Nice recovery.

Looking good for next season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razer82 View Post
    Cracking turn around there Nep - fingers crossed that next season will start the same way this one ended and you can use this form to secure promotion.
    Cheers lads. Jimbo - Honestly couldn't have done it without your input

Its unbelievable the impact loan signings that "weren't" interested in my club had.

As it turns out, I've just got Hardy back on another season long loan.

Third Team

Either AFC Wimbledon or Margate at the moment, doing a few more reloads see if anything else interesting pops up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 108 of 115 FirstFirst ... 8 58 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 LastLast