Page 107 of 115 FirstFirst ... 7 57 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 LastLast
Results 10,601 to 10,700 of 11478

Thread: dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

Banned

Default Re: dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

Good to see GTA IV doing well

Amateur

I've got to ask, why is one of your strikers called GTA IV?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mikel LUFC View Post
    I've got to ask, why is one of your strikers called GTA IV?
    IIRC he said his name reminded him of GTA IV

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Frazza Pee View Post
    IIRC he said his name reminded him of GTA IV
    What was his name?

First Team

Francisco Javier San Jose

roberto922

AFC Wimbledon January Update - Season 8 (2015/2016)

To Begin....

The training facilities are now rated as good after the recent improvements. This season wages have gone way, way up. The signings that have come in are taking up alot of money but it'll be worth it if we continue playing to our current standard.

Premiership Prediction - 20th
    Premiership Position - 6th
    F.A Cup - Third Round (Hartlepool 9/1/2016)
    League Cup - Quarter Final (Defeated by Liverpool)

Premiership - Graph - Table

Premiership
    : A solid season so far, we've exceeded expectations and we look like we could be in Europe, probably through the Euro Vase as we're now on a downward slide in form, theres been a couple of players that have struggled to adapt to the Premiership but I'll see how they get on through the season before making any decisions.

League Cup : We got the furthest we've ever got this season, we got to the quarter final before falling to Liverpool, conceding a late goal to send us out.

Other Info

Finances
    Squad
    Team Info

Manager Info
    Manager Overview

Player Records
    Team Records

Transfers

Season Summary so far

Everythings been going good so far and I remain hopeful that we can get into Europe this season, even if we don't we've still had a good season and can go on to next season with confidence. The youngsters are coming along nicely, the Germans in particular have been very good so the future looks bright too so smiles all around.

Youth Team

Looking awesome Roberto; I can't wait until I make it to the Premier league!

p.s. don't let anybody give you crap for having Arsenal as a parent club. What lower-league side would turn that down?!?!?

roberto922

Lol, I don't mind the stick that I get off them as long as it's all in good humour...

roberto922

And I haven't got them anymore so it's all on my own merit from this year onwards

World Cup Winner

Just a polite reminder people, if you want to discuss anything not connected with this challenge then there are other areas of the forum you can use, such as the The CSE Forum Group

Amateur

Tiverton Town 2008-09 – Blue Square South – 18th

We went into the season severely understaffed (no staff) and with only 5 players (all under 20). Pre- season was spent arranging a makeshift squad of free transfers and loanees. After a mixed pre-season where we won only one, drew two and lost two, the league campaign began.

Transfers: http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=...xTlO6Euw%3D%3D

League: 18th: http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=...6DFhdd9w%3D%3D

FA Cup: 2nd qualifying round

FA Trophy: 3rd Qualifying round

Setanta Shield: 3rd Round South

Overall I was quite pleased with the result of this season; we achieved the aim of staying up, got a few good players in and look well set for next season. In the league, we started poorly and were in the relegation zone until Christmas before we pulled out of it during January and February. In the cups, we could have done better losing out in our first match in both the FA Cup and Trophy including a humiliating loss to Hillingdon in the FA Cup, Some of our best players were: Ashley Barnes, who was our top scorer and nominated for BSS player of the year scoring 29 times in 39 games on loan from Plymouth; another loanee Matt Taylor consistently held a crumbling defence together; Paul Jarvis arrived on a free and showed that he is too good for this division with some brilliant performances in centre midfield; and Donal McDermott did brilliantly scoring 15 goals in 16 games towards the back end of the season.

Next Season Targets

1) Win more away matches
    2) Do better in the cups
    3) Rely less on loanees
    4) Finish in the top half of the table

Ashley Barnes: http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=...47jUhPTA%3D%3D
    Donal McDermott: http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=...Y94ZfnhA%3D%3D
    Matt Taylor http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=...t0oyfhPg%3D%3D
    Last edited by OrientMartin; 07-09-2008 at 17:13. Reason: WHY CAN'T I INSERT HYPERLINKS

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    Just a polite reminder people, if you want to discuss anything not connected with this challenge then there are other areas of the forum you can use, such as the The CSE Forum Group
    I suppose it was a matter of when we got told off ;3

Amateur

Has anyone attempted this as Iceland out of interest. I'm going to trawl through it out of interest anyway. 107 pages to go

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Peter G View Post
    Has anyone attempted this as Iceland out of interest. I'm going to trawl through it out of interest anyway. 107 pages to go
    This challenge is only for the English leagues. With Gundo's you can try it with Iceland

Amateur

Yeah i just realised that on the first post, stupid me

Third Team

Decided to start this again last night and i went with Halesowen but when i went to play this morning the save had corrupted. So i started again although i wanted a team with a rep lower than 1000 i forgot to save it before the 19th June so had to go with a team with a rep higher than 1000.

So i ended up with Guiseley.

Part-Timer

Nep - Unlucky on that season, it seemed that you were well on course for your first title. Any idea what might have caused the drop in performance?

roberto -Doing well so far, hopefully you'll be challenging for a European place come the end of the season.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Razer82 View Post
    Nep - Unlucky on that season, it seemed that you were well on course for your first title. Any idea what might have caused the drop in performance?
    Nope. I had basically the same team as the season before, but more experienced. I only had 2 new 1st team players, so it wasn't because they didn't gell. I think the biggest thing was that Raul Arguelles hit 31 years old, and his performances dropped massively, and they were key the season before.

Amateur

I started a new game but realised its been in keeping with the rules. Am I ok to enter, even though my profile is from 29th September?

First Team

I'm sure that would be ok

Amateur

April '08 Update - Hednesford

Results
    v Hyde won 2-0
    v Barrow drew 1-1
    v Gateshead lost 4-1

This was yet another disappointing month for us. We started well but faded away as the matches came. Charlie Macdonald deserves a special mention aswell. His work rate and overall skill was invaluable to us. That Hyde match could have easily outshone the rest of the month had we put away our chances. We dominated from the start and Hyde never got a sniff of the ball, if only we could do this every match.

Again no League table this time: I've progressed a little further.

I can however, tell you that I'm 5th going into the last game of the season and 1 point clear of 6th. Hopefully we make the playoffs. Leigh RMI have won the league aswell.

May '08 update - Hednesford

Results
    v Blyth Spartans drew 1-1
    v Kettering (play-off leg one) lost 2-1
    v Kettering (play-off leg two) won 3-1
    v Boston (play-off final) won 2-0

League Table

Ohh what a month for us. Promotion! We did it all against the odds aswell, which just makes it that bit sweeter. That Blyth match was tense though, Barrow were 2-0 up and we were still drawing. That result would have seen us take 6th, a place no-one wanted as it generally means you were close to the play-offs, just that little bit short. However, in the dying minutes of the game AFC Telford did us a huge favour and scored two to send us into the play-offs. We were overjoyed and everyone at Hednesford and it was a memorable day for the fans. However, promotion was not done yet. We had to win three more matches for that to happen. So I told the lads after the game that I was pleased and answered the media by saying we were only half way there. Then up cam Kettering, we had a tough first leg at our place where I thought we needed the added advantage of being in a good position to go into the away leg. The result was a 2-1 loss. I think the problem started when we let Westcarr go for the first time. After that he just ran us ragged and we paid the price dearly. We were kept in with a shout for the second leg after Kirk Hudson latched onto a crossfield ball by Simon Rusk and smashed int into the top corner. Then in the second leg I switched my tactic into a counter attacking one and it worked a treat with us actually dominating instead of inviting them onto us . We also kept Westcarr fairly quiet, this tme he only scored one goal as my counter attacking tactic has an ultra deep defence so his only advantage that he had over our DC was taken away from him. Charlie Macdonald, Charles Ademeno and Stuart Thurgood all scored our goals, Thurgood adding to his free kick highlight reel with another stunner into the top corner. Now, the final. We were drawn against Boston after they won their semi final. It wasn't really as dramatic as I expected/wanted. It was just a simple passing game, a few one twos and the goals were nothing special. All in all I would want the Kettering match to be our final it was that bad. I did however, claim the second place in manager of the year and was delighted with that considering I finished 5th and got through via play-offs. Leigh RMI manager got the top spot though. The squad got paid 40K between them and we didn't get a penny for being promoted, gutted.

Amateur

Season 5

Chelmsford 2012/13 Coca-Cola League 1

After our surprise promotion via the playoffs last season, the bookies were writing us off again, claiming that we would do well to stay in the division. After over-acheiving for the past few seasons, we were in danger of being found out in this league.

In the transfer window, I concentrated on strengthening the weak spots in the team. In came Israeli youngster Haim Sabag, French defender Jerome Gohel and Brazilian keeper Luiz Carlos. We also managed to retain the impressive Ryan Preece on loan from Birmingham who was joined by powerful defender Jay-Emmanuel Thomas from new parent club Arsenal and striker Luca Senicanin from Sheffield United. However, one big loss to our squad was tricky winger Dennis Hinton to divisional rivals Hull City in a 500K deal.

Transfers

A very exciting season where we surprised a lot of people, including myself. We started off our campaign slowly, floating around mid-table for the early parts of the season. A bad patch of form early on led to a run of 7 games without a win, including 5 games drawn in a row but after an away defeat to Wolves in November, we would only lose two more games in the league all season. While we picked up points, other teams at the top dropped points and in the end, our fantastic season culminated in a second place finish and promotion to the Coca-Cola Championship.

Coca-Cola League One

Captain Consistancy Matt Fish was fantastic again and was rewarded in the Players Select and I picked up 3rd place in the Manager of the Season Award

Notable mentions go to Joe Tomkins who began to live up to his price tag, Danny Ward, who was forced to play in a very unselfish right wing role for much of the season and Lachezar Petrov whose magical left boot contributed towards 24 goals.

Squad I Finances I Fans Player I Season XI I Overall XI

roberto922

Season finished and the report will either be tonight or tomorrow.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by roberto922 View Post
    Ok, roberto

Part-Timer

Nothing like building up a bit of suspense!

roberto922

Yes... that is what's happening in my challenge...

Reserves

And now that you're finished your season, maybe you should try another challenge

roberto922

I'm doing my update first, I think I'm only 3-4 years off finishing this so I'll do yours then rancer.

Reserves

I'm doing my update first, I think I'm only 3-4 years off finishing this so I'll do yours then rancer.
    Ok roberto. Just finish before mid-November or else it would be an FM09 challenge

roberto922

And I'll have restarted this again

roberto922

Premiership Prediction - 20th
    Premiership Position - 7th
    F.A Cup - 6th Round
    League Cup - Quarter Final

Premiership - Graph | Table

Premiership : We completely exceeded my expectations this season, to finish so high in our first season was fantastic and meant that we got 14.5m for our finishing position . The vast majority of our players adapted well to the Premiership although there were a couple (notably John Simpson.) It was a very good season for transfers and I hope to build on that next season.

F.A Cup : We achieved our best run yet in the FA Cup, we reached the sixth round before going out to Reading 2-1.

League Cup : Another good run in the cup, we reached the Quarter Final but went out against Liverpool 1-0

Best Elevens - Season | Overall

Other Info

Finances
    Squad
    Team Info

Manager Info
    Manager Overview

Transfers

Season Summary
    Fantastic Season, we'll definitely be looking to build on this and get top 6 next year. I'm pretty sure we've got the Euro Vase place next season so I'm hoping to do well next season.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the relative shortness but I'm short on time (Just spent 3 hours doing my ICT Project, though I still found time to scour the forums )
    Last edited by roberto922; 09-09-2008 at 21:43.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Alurny View Post
    I started a new game but realised its been in keeping with the rules. Am I ok to enter, even though my profile is from 29th September?
    That's fine. The profile screenshot is really just a check to make sure the original instructions have been followed. Your profile won't change much in the first few months (or years) so you should be fine.

Reserves

roberto, why do you have Nep's league table and graph

roberto922

Aww crud I copy his and then change all the details so I must have forgotten to change them, I'll edit it now.

roberto922

It's fixed

Reserves

Aww so close to European Football

And just curious, what's your reaction to your favourite team entering administration

roberto922

I was gutted but they're nearly out of it now, we are in Europe (Euro Vase)

Reserves

I was gutted but they're nearly out of it now, we are in Europe (Euro Vase)
    Reminds me of my Derby career game, where I've enjoyed some serious success

Good luck in Europe

Part-Timer

well done roberto, looks like you'll be pushing for a European place next season.

roberto922

FFS The shareholders have taken 4.3m in dividends They haven't even contributed to our finances.

roberto922

Thanks Razor and Rancer

roberto922

Season Review Quite good to see us pick up three of the category top spots

roberto922

Two fantastic signings

Miguel Jones

Ched Evans

Amateur

Gateshead FC Season 2010/2011

After the disappointment of last season, the only way really was up. Big signings were needed to improve on last season's 19th place finish and I got one in the form of an aging Ray Parlour. He and another 9 other free signings along with a handful of retained players from last season and two loanees were set the task of achieveing a safe mid-table position for the season, and to be fair I would have been happy with that too and then push on to promotion next season.

The opening day saw us lose 3-1 at home to Vauxhall Motors and it seemed that we were heading for another long season despite a very promising pre-season. It proved just to be a blip as we went on a six game unbeaten run and ended up losing just 2 of our opening 12 games to find outselves lying 2nd in the table. For the next few games results were mixed but we maintained 2nd place and kept up with AFC Telford above us. Our form was being carried by our ability to score goals for fun, with Middlesbrough loanee Jason White proving to be a star player up front. Worryingly though he was only here for 3 months and was refusing to extend his deal.

Thankfully after having just left the club the day before, Jason agreed to come back for another 3 months. Unfortunately not even he could prevent some very poor results in December, January and February which saw me slip away and eventually 9 points outside of the playoffs by mid-February, mainly thanks to a leaky defence.

A quality midfielder in the from of 22-year-old George Collins and the further extension of Jason White's loan turned things round and we went on a 7 game unbeaten run (including 6 wins) and found ouselves back in the playoffs with a 5 point cushion with just four games to go.

Losing 1-0 at Witton Albion saw the cushion drop to just two points. The following week we were beaten 2-1 against Hinckley, but thankfully 2 of the teams chasing me lost their games also, but there were now 3 teams all just 2 points behind me.

A comfortable 2-0 win over already champions AFC Telford, saw two other teams drop out of the fight and it was now either me or Southport who would claim the final playoff spot on the last day of the season. I faced Boston, they faced Blyth. At half time we were deadlocked 0-0 but down to 10 men and struggling to hold out. A quick check of the Southport game saw them 1-0 up and as it stood they were in the playoffs on goal difference. Full time came and I had been beaten 1-0. Southport had held on to their 1-0 lead and so it turned out to be a disappointing end to the season. I was pleased however that we had managed to finish 6th and felt confident that next season we could go one better.

Competitions:
    Blue Square North: 6th, 68 Pts, +14 G.D.
    FA Cup: 4th Qualifying Round (Lost Nuneaton (H) 2-1)
    FA Trophy: 3rd Qualifying Round (Lost Hendon (A) 2-0)
    Setanta Shield: 1st Round (Lost Guiseley (A) 1-1p)

Transfers:
    A total of 12 players in, all for free. 4 loans over the season (all from Middlesbrough), 2 of which were for the full season and the other 2 just for 3 months. Signing of the season was probably the loan signing of Jason White, whose goals carried us forward all season, but Ray Parlour was a close second as he bossed the midfield in just about all of our matches.

Finances:
    Made a loss of 12k over the season and ended with a balance of 9k. The main causes of the losses were probably the fact that i was always right up to the wage budget and our poor perfomance in cup competitions. It could have been a lot worse had we not broken our average attendance record with 728 though.

Players:
    Stars:
    Jason White - Superb loanee. Won BSN Player of the Season and was BSN top scorer. Was hoping to sign him in June as his contract ran out at the end of the season but he signed a new 2 year deal at 'boro and so I'm relying on signing him back on loan next season.
    Apps: 43+3, Gls: 33, Assts: 16, MoM: 13, AvRt: 7.41

Adam Bolle - Free signing in the summer. Played superbly alongside White upfront and looks a real prospect for future at just 19-years-old. Won Fan's Player of the Season and third top scorer in BSN
    Apps: 36+6, Gls: 26, Assts: 8, MoM: 10, AvRt: 7.21

Disappointment:
    Ollie Thorne: Free summer signing. Excelled in a trial over the pre-season so snapped him up, but just couldn't compete over the season.

Next Season:
    Hopefully we will be in the playoffs next year. We need a quality centre-back to shore up the defence as the number of goals conceded was really what stopped us from going up this season. Would like to get a bit further in the cups in order to generate a little more revenue but I think promotion will be the main aim.

Game Summary:
    Season 1 - 9th Blue Square North
    Season 2 - 19th Blue Square North
    Season 3 - 6th Blue Square North

roberto922

Unlucky mate, you should get it next season though.

First Team

I feel like dying.

I've had a problem with my laptop. The screen had an issue, and I had to send it off to Apple to get it repaired. I used my other laptop, and backed up all the files on to my external HD. I transfered a select few over to the spare laptop, (mainly FM ones) - and let my computer go.

I've just gotten my computer back today. Opened up my external HD and put the files on the spare laptop onto it, to transfer over to the fixed laptop. I opened up my laptop and put all the old files back, to find one thing. My Real London game is the one I had pre-laptop problems and is nearly 2 seasons earlier than where I actually am.

I've hastily deleted the back up files before realizing my mistake, and also wiped the back up laptop before realizing too.

I don't know if I have the heart to carry on with the challenge now. There were so many things I'd done in that 2 seasons that set the club up for great things, and it was about 20-30 hours of actual game time. I don't know if I can be bothered to do it again, or even try, just in-case things don't go the same way. I'm so gutted, I was really enjoying the game.

Reserves

Sorry to hear that Nep

First Team

I'm at a loose end

I just don't feel the same without this game. So much time invested in it. - Even down to the youth / EOS reports. I'll mull over it, and may continue tomorrow. I'm so angry with myself

Youth Team
    I used to chase eggs. Now I am just trying not to respond to eegits.

I feel your pain Nep.

I've recently lost the only FM08 post 8.02 patch save I have ever played, (the one Gundo challenge one with McIlmurray on 119 goals.

The pc is completely dead so the game is too.

I've started a dafuge game with Hitchin but to be honest my heart isn't really in it.

It usually takes me a few seasons to get into a game.

First Team

I'm the same, Jimbo. 3 or 4 seasons before the club / save feels "my own". Also, as both my games are mid 2030's, I don't know if I could start again and go through the game with no regens in it. I'm carrying on with Gundo's Challenge to see if I can complete it. If I do, I'll consider picking up Daf's again, if not, I'll just play out Smylie's career, as I'm pretty sure he'll get around 2,500 goals.

roberto922

I'll brag Mylatop was completely dead, however I've managed to get it back :evil smilie thing:

Unlucky though Nep, you were so close

First Team

I really felt 2-3 seasons would have done it. Thats not back to 6 or 7 after the work I did. I genuinely don't know how to do it again. I've got screenies from the 2 lost seasons, so I can still buy the same players and stuff. But still....

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by NepentheZ View Post
    I really felt 2-3 seasons would have done it. Thats not back to 6 or 7 after the work I did. I genuinely don't know how to do it again. I've got screenies from the 2 lost seasons, so I can still buy the same players and stuff. But still....
    I think that's what I'd find most annoying, thinking that you were only a couple of years away from getting the job done. Really do feel gutted for you Nep.

Amateur

I'm a little late starting this challenge but what the hell.. I am now the new manager of Ilkeston Town!

http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/r...ulilkeston.jpg

Hope that link is ok

As a Forest fan I will be looking to bring in a few old boys... Jason Lee may still be able to bang a few in at this level! Hopefully Ill get Forest as a parent club. Not sure if I will get away with the famous flowing forest style for a while though....

roberto922

Welcome to the forums and good luck with Ilkeston town

Youth Team

AFC Wimbledon - Blue Square Premier Season 2009-10

Transfers:
    After winning promotion to the Blue Square Premier handily, I knew that I would need to improve the overall quality of the squad in order to compete at a higher level. Fortunately, most of the dead weight in my squad was released on frees after their contracts expired, freeing up a load of salary money for me to utilize in attracting new players.

The board gave me a healthy kitty for transfers and I was happy to splash the cash on two fantastic youngsters at King's Lynn that my scouting network had managed to identify. 19-year old Welsh winger Robert Robinson was obtained for a large chunk of change at $220k. His team-mate, left-sided prospect Iain Lennon, also joined AFC Wimbledon for an equally exorbitant $130k.

Most other players joined on frees, including veteran fullback Andy Frampton and talented midfielder Shaun Vipond.

On the loan side of the squad, three Arsenal youngsters were obtained on season-long loans to increase the overall quality of the squad. Gavin Hoyte was happy to renew his loan and spend another season with AFC Wimbledon on the right side of defense. U-18 striker Luke Freeman was also added to provide a capable backup to club favorite Jon-Paul Pittman and Tony Boto up front. Most notably, after a horrid season of inconsistent keepers in the BSS last year, I managed to secure the talented Wojciech Szczesny to provide some stability at the back.

Many other players were brought in for frees but didn't pan out and are currently rotting in the reserves.
    Transfers
    Squad

The League:
    AFC Wimbledon got off to a hot start in the league and befuddled the pundits all year, who expected our form to drop eventually. We hit a rough patch of form around January when an injury crisis ravaged our strike-force. Tony Boto, and Luke Freeman were both down for multiple weeks and West Ham youngster Fred Sears was brought in to patch the cracks but failed to impress. Despite the adversity, we managed to stay consistent enough to emerge as BSP League Champions by the time the season was done!

Cups:
    Nothing at all of note to report in Wimbledon's cup competitions this year. Poor performances all around saw us fail to meet expectations as most our focus was on winning promotion to League2 for next year.

Season Results:
    League - 1st (29-10-7) - League Table
    League Leaders
    Blue Square Premier Best XI
    Bussen tops Manager of the Year List

AFC Wimbledon Information
    Finances
    Manager Profile - I am now a Regionally-known manager Note the poor Club/Player Loyalty though...

Conclusion/Looking Ahead
    I didn't expect such success in my second season to be honest. Looking ahead at the quality of League 2, I think the team will struggle but I think we will be able to stay up with some comfort. I would like to shore up the defense and pick up another striker but I am having trouble attracting players of sufficient caliber as the reputation of the club still isn't high enough.

I have gotten permission from the board to expand the youth academy so that will be good news looking to the future. Tons of clubs have come in with offers for Robert Robinson and Iain Lennon (including Middlesborough and Birmingham) but they have thus far rejected my rather high asking price. My number one priority is to keep hold of my skilled players to stay up for next season so that I can build a good financial base for the club and begin to attract more talent in order to reach promotion in 2 or 3 seasons.

Reserves

mdbussen: congratulations and good luck in League football

Youth Team

Nep. If going back to N.Ireland doesn't do it for you, then feel free to join me from the beginning again on this.

I've decided to play from the start with fake players because I don't want to be able to sign any players that I know about, and as a result it's proving pretty tough.

First Team Squad Member

Who are you managing?

Youth Team

Hitchin. Currently 22nd in Conference South. 3 points behind 21st and 9 points behind 19th & safety.

This is looking ominously like my first FM relegation.

Played 18.
    Won 1.
    Drawn 5.
    Lost 12.
    Scored 19.
    Conceded 43.
    Goal diff -24.

Youth Team

Hitchin. End of Season 2008/09.

We were shocking at the start and at the end, but in the middle I managed to sign a young GK from Peterborough on loan for 3 months. He did well and kep 5 clean sheets in 13 games as our mini revival took us tempararily out of the relegation zone, but it was not enough and I was sacked for the first time ever, (I think), in my FM career, as we got off the bottom but not out of the relegation zone.

I applied for the job at newly promoted Merthyr Tydfil but my performance last season was so bad that they weren't interested.

As a result I decided to reincarnate myself and install myself as the new manager of one of my local teams Borehamwood.

So here we go again.

Part-Timer

Good luck at Borehamwood Jimbo.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbokav1971 View Post
    Nep. If going back to N.Ireland doesn't do it for you, then feel free to join me from the beginning again on this.

I've decided to play from the start with fake players because I don't want to be able to sign any players that I know about, and as a result it's proving pretty tough.
    Are we allowed to use fake players? If so, I'll definitely join you

roberto922

It certainly doesn't give you an advantage so I'm pretty sure it'd be fine, I might join you when I finish/ get bored of my AFC game.

Youth Team

There is nothing in the rules about it and it certainly doesn't make it any easier, (quite the opposite in fact), so I can't imagine dafuge will have a problem with it.

I'm sure he will let us know either way in any case.

I will be struggling on regardless anyway.

Semi Pro

By the way, now started this and have registered on website . Now doing this AND Gundo's. I'm Matlock and currently after 17 games, am joint top

First Team

Ok Jimbo. Well, as I'm 1/3rd way through my Gundo's season, I'll finish the season (by tonight, hopefully) - and join you later on this evening. By then, Daf should have been able to give the or on fake players, too.

Third Team

The issue was raised before and dafuge said it was okay to play without real players.

First Team

Ok. Well in that case, I'll start after I'm done with this current season

First Team

well after re-reading this thread i've come back. The new laptop also helps

I'm in charge of Merthyr Tydfil

First Team

That started well, had a bored takeover and was sacked

Am really down now as I had built a whole team. Dont know if I can face starting again, to tempting to sign all the same players, might try the carrer game instead

World Cup Winner

Are we allowed to use fake players? If so, I'll definitely join you
    That's fine, a few people in the past have done that.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by darren1983 View Post
    That started well, had a bored takeover and was sacked

Am really down now as I had built a whole team. Dont know if I can face starting again, to tempting to sign all the same players, might try the carrer game instead
    Turns out I could face doing it again. Have once again taken over the merthyr tydfil

Amateur

Sympathies Nep.

Note: I wrote down all the key stuff for every month but it's far too long to copy and paste.

AFC Hornchurch - Season 1 (08-09)

We trialled many young players, from Scotland, England, Wales, and even Poland and Bulgaria, with about half of them being offered a contract. Our squad was built relatively quickly and we managed to set up a link with West Ham to be their feeder club (I know, I know), in return they sent us Reid and Collison on loan for the season. Our squad was really just a squad of boys with our average age being just 18. Unfortunately, there was already takeover talks at the club. Director Ted Evans wanted to buy the club for 130k but pulled out in the end. Our first game was a 2-2 away draw at Basingstoke, Collison getting our first ever goal. Our first home match we got our first win against Mertyr Tydllwywlwyl, the score being 4-1 and Fairhurst was starting to impress. We took Tomkins on loan for 3 months due poor performances by Massey and Howells also picked up an injury.

October proved to be a bit more topsy-turvy, we were a bit inconsistent and Fairhurst's goals were drying up. It was at this time that John Connor stepped up to impress as did TPL (aka. That Polish Fella, the Polish guy's name I can never remember). After fielding a lot of youth in the cups we manage to get a draw against League One side Gillingham. 6 minutes in and not the start we'd had in mind after Nutter scored a free-kick from just outside the box, despite that the lads heads didn't go down and we got a goal back through our talisman John Connor. Half-time.

With the second half under way we carried on as before but chances for both sides we limited and Gillingham were starting to show some quality, we changed to a 4-1-4-1 to contain them but just after we conceded from a lapse of concentration as Oli scored for the Gills. It was to get worse as Williamson picked up a second yellow card dashing all hope of us getting through this David v Goliath tie...but the lads showed determination when, from a corner Tomkins scored in the 89th minute, 10 men had pulled back a dramatic equaliser. Celebrations didn't last long however as The Gills extra man showed, managing to easily open our defence and slotting in a third goal with a minute left, our run in the illustrious FA Cup was over, but we did well and I was proud of the lads. Now, our focus fell back on the league.

January, and we had made a good position for ourselves just over the half-way point of the season. An 11 point difference between us and nearest promotion hopefuls Weston-super-Mare had given us hope that we can get the title, still, we knew there was still a long road to travel and we must stay consistent, we had dropped a few points over the last 5 games or so, but luckily so did the teams below us, but we knew it only takes a team with a couple of wins to suddenly grind those points back. We brought in Spence on loan due to injuries to both our central defenders.

After 20 games unbeaten we lost 3-2 against AFC Wimbledon away from home, two turn of events in that game had got me thinking a) Blake, despite being a very good fullback was conceding too many penalties and becoming a liability and b) Reid missed a penalty, we need a solid penalty taker since we've missed a lot this season. Still, no reason to be down since after 35 games we're 17 points clear of Cambridge City and have got ourselves a play-off spot, we now need a win to secure unofficial promotion since our goal difference is far superior.........The 4-0 win over Hayes & Yeading had given us the title and promotion from the Conference South...unofficially. We now would have to lose all our games and concede around 55 goals to mess up. Our next game on March 28th we beat relegation candidates Fisher 5-2 to get the title, officially. Happy days.

League Table - http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/n...gueTable09.jpg
    Squad Screen - http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/n...adScreen09.jpg
    Information Screen - http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/n...008/Info09.jpg
    Star Player - http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/n...JohnConnor.jpg

Thanks for reading this heavily truncated version.

Third Team

Guiseley Update 08/09 Season

I didnt have high expectations going into the season as we only had 14 players signed up by the time our first game came around and the oldest of these was only 20. Although we did manage to sign another 8-9 by the middle of September, including probably the best signing this season 37 Year old Tommy Mooney.

(Forgot to take a screenshot of the squad but the best XI is nearly as good)
    http://img511.imageshack.us/my.php?image=squadhy6.png

The season got of to a fantastic start as went unbeaten for the first 15 games before losing to League leaders Leigh RMI. Despite what i thought was a very good start we were only in 3rd position and 6 points behind Leigh.

The response to our first defeat was magnificent as we went on a club record winning streak of 11 games this included a 4-0 hammering of second place Nuneaton and a 5-0 thrashing of Hucknall and this great run put the Lions 9 points clear of second place. Marine were the side that finally ended this divison record with a 2-1 win.

This defeat was the start of a more difficult spell for Guiseley as 5 defeats and only 6 wins from the last 14 games saw their 9 point advantage disappear and bring the title battle down to the last day.
    Seeing as we had a much better goal difference to second place nuneaton we just had to beat 17th place Gainsborough.

Going into the game we werent in the best form as the previous two games had resulted in defeat but this was soon forgotten as Guiseley romped into a 4 goal lead at half time thanks to 2 goals from the prolific Zavon Hines, one from Debutant Guylain Ndumbu-Nsungu and a Daryl Taylor og. Nuneaton on the other hand were being held 1-1 away at Redditch.

Every thing went the same way as the first half as Ndumbu-Nsungu added a fifth for Guiseley to see them take the title by 2 points as Nuneaton struggled to a draw against Redditch.

Table
    http://img148.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tableyr9.png

In the cups we had mixed fortunes as we only made the first round of the FA Trophy and the Third round of the Setanta Shield. But we had a good cup run as we knocked at local rivals Harrogate as well as Halifax at the Shay before being put out on penalties by League One Bradford after holding them to 1-1 draws at home and away.

Next seasons aim is to make sure we survive although i am hoping for a bit better than that really and another FA Cup run would be very welcome to help boos the clubs finances. New additions will be needed as star performers from last season Scott Gardner and Lee Hildreth will have finished there loans and most probably wont be returning but overall things are looking good.

First Team

Real London FC got caught up in the 2035 time warp 3 days ago, leaving them all the way back in June '08 - without anyone realizing what actually happened. Its just cause that this was the day that manager Craig "NepentheZ" Douglas took over the club all those years ago as a young hopeful, and he will have to do all his hard work again. (Although he doesn't know what his "future" held).

Here, yet again, is the profile of NepentheZ

NepentheZ - Managers Profile

Last time around, it took me a long time to progress through the divisions. With what I learned playings Daf's Challenge the first time round with Real London, I have a feeling it could be a lot quicker this time. My chances of completing this, or Gundo's Challenge look pretty slim now, but I'll give it a shot. Wish me luck.

Jimbo - Didn't want to leave you out in the cold, mate, so here I am, no real players - looking forward to it.

Part-Timer

Real London FC got caught up in the 2035 time warp 3 days ago, leaving them all the way back in June '08 - without anyone realizing what actually happened. Its just cause that this was the day that manager Craig "NepentheZ" Douglas took over the club all those years ago as a young hopeful, and he will have to do all his hard work again. (Although he doesn't know what his "future" held).

Here, yet again, is the profile of NepentheZ

NepentheZ - Managers Profile

Last time around, it took me a long time to progress through the divisions. With what I learned playings Daf's Challenge the first time round with Real London, I have a feeling it could be a lot quicker this time. My chances of completing this, or Gundo's Challenge look pretty slim now, but I'll give it a shot. Wish me luck.

Jimbo - Didn't want to leave you out in the cold, mate, so here I am, no real players - looking forward to it.

Good luck Nep, if I'd lost all that hard work to get a game as far as you did, I don't know if I could go back and start again.

First Team

Its not easy mate, I assure you that. Especially as the work with the Youth Projects was a massssssive part of my game there. I'd invested hours on that, and was really looking to getting a team littered with my own youth players.

First Team

Breaking News

Real London Chairman, David Robinson is looking to Step Down from the board.

Unsure as to weather he'll sell the club, or appoint another board member as Chairman, NepentheZ is already having doubts over weather or not he'll be able to keep his job at Real London.

NepentheZ released the following statement -

"I hope the new chairman can see my ambition and love for this club, and keep me on as manager. I understand that with a new Chairman comes new ideas, but I'm positive I can be everything he wants me to be"

Semi Pro

Its not easy mate, I assure you that. Especially as the work with the Youth Projects was a massssssive part of my game there. I'd invested hours on that, and was really looking to getting a team littered with my own youth players.
    Will you be focusing on that this time too or put that in the background and focus instead on getting promoted faster?

First Team

I'll still do it. I think I learned a lot last time, so may not give them as much exposure, but Its definitely something that I've incorporated into FM for myself.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelS View Post
    Will you be focusing on that this time too or put that in the background and focus instead on getting promoted faster?
    I was just coming in to ask the same thing!

I did enjoy the youth player project - gave the game extra depth.

Youth Team

Welcome back Nep.

I must admit that after getting relegated and sacked with Hitchin in 2009 I was expecting a long hard slog with Borehamwood, but I am already getting a "feel" for the team and I am easing into it nicely, (league position is unimportant at this stage, although 15 games unbeaten in the mid part of the season certainly helps)).

I suppose inheriting "home grown" players such as Scott Doch make it easier.

I have never had a player of such ability come through at such a lowly reputation club that I was managing.

He has only just turned 17, (in January), so up until that time he was on a part time youth contract, hence the reason why I have been reluctant to start him every week despite him being my best striker.

My coaches think that he has the potential to become a leading League 2 player and I would expect him to be able to play at least in League 1 and possibly in the Championship, so I would hope that he will become the early focus of my save.
    Last edited by Jimbokav1971; 16-09-2008 at 15:34.

First Team

Nice one Jimbo. That guy has mad potential, as his Physical and Technical are already decent, and will get better in time, and we all know Mental continue to progress throughout the players career. Could have a superstar on your hands there.!!!

I'm struggling right now, tbh. I just can't find a comfortable first team to go with, and although am still in pre season, I'm not entirely sure the squad I've got can even get me mid-table

First Team

Consortium plans takeover

This could be very, very bad news for me

Part-timer

Seeing as Nep and Jimbo are giving this one last go before '09 comes out, I think I'll join in with the fun one last time.

Think I'll untick real players, just to spice things up.

First Team

Welcome back Happy Slappy. Good luck mate

Youth Team

Then there were 3.

Good to have you on board Happy.

Amateur

Consortium plans takeover

This could be very, very bad news for me

it may be bad news but it is possible to stay as i managed to on a game of mine with celtic,so good luck

First Team

Thanks for the support Milney

First Team

Real London Update :

The Consortium bid crashed after just a few weeks of negotiations. This was a surprise, as current Real London chairman expressed his desire to leave the club.

In league news, Real London are finding it hard to put any sort of consistency together, Winning games 4-0 followed by 3-1 losses. They are currently 12th in the table after 10 games, but have lost to 2 teams in the bottom 4. Signing are needed to be made, as the team seems prone to getting injuries. NepentheZ feels that with a bit of added quality at the back, and a decent winger, this team could possibly achieve promotion, but with no tranfer funds available, this wont be easy to achieve.

NepentheZ has signed some players, mainly young free transfers, a few with mass potential, but all will be revealed come the end of season update.

Youth Team

Borehamwood. Season 09/10 Update.

Recap.
    2008/09 Finished 21st in Conference as manager of Hitchin. (Sacked).

So at the beginning of the season I was surprised that I actually inherited some talent. After 1 full seasons worth of scouting I now had a few targets that I wanted to bring into my new club and as a result I highlighted the following 3 players as playing pivotal roles this season.

Scott Doch. A product of the youth acadamy, he was already my best striker and the coaches said that he had the potential to play in League 1. I love basing my games around the long term careers or individual players and this guy already seems to be one of the front-runners.

Chef. So this guy might be old but just look at that set-piece ability. His lack of pace might cause us to struggle at the back at times, but as I plan on playing with big lumbering centre-backs in a pretty deep defensive line we might just get away with it. If he can do as well as I hope from dead-ball situations then he could be an inspired signing.

Tom. He's still young and a bit raw but has a decent spread of quality throughout his makeup that makes me feel that he will be very effective at this level. Although he can play as a centre-back, he will actually play at MC as he is too good on the ball to be wasted at DC with the limited scope that I give them to actualy play.

I was tasked with attempting to avoid relegation and I upped this t actualy avoiding relegation as managing in the bottom league in the structure would meant the same end result if we finished in the bottom 3.

So first lets have a look at how my "hot prospects" got on.

Scott Doch. 21 goals when he didn't have his 17th birthday until January is pretty impressive. Even more impressive is that he only started 11 games all season.

Chef. 17 goals and 33 assists is not too bad for an old-timer who I wasn't even confidant enough of to offer him a full-time contract. (It may have been a blessing in disguise as only training part-time meant that he didn't get too tired during the long season and only had to be rested a couple of times. I never got tired of seeing the ball fly into the top corner from fully 35 yards.

Tom. 1 goal and 10 assists is a pretty meagre return stats-wise, but I was delighted with his season. My MC's are given pretty defensive instructions so his average stats are not too much of an issue.

So all in all I would have to say that all 3 exceeded my expectations.

Now down to the nitty gritty.

Conference South Table.

Conference South Graph.

We started off slowly but then as the team started to gel and the increased training as a result if the full-time contracts started to kick in then we became VERY hard to beat, (although we also drew far too many games that we should have won).

The season culminated in the Conference South Playoff Semi-Final but although we gave it a good go, (we were struggling with injuries), we came up just short as our squad was eventually stretched too thin.

I brought in 2 season long loans.

Loan 1 GK.

Loan 2 DC.

I'm not a fan of bringing in plajyers who ae way better than the rest of the players in the league and my team so I tried to make sure that they would fit in and not stand out too much. The idea od signing a Man Utd youngster and watching him score 40 goals a season just doesn't appeal to me. These 2 were good, but not any better than players at other clubs in the league.

I also bought in 6 short term loans during the season from teams such as Luton, Reading, Leyton Orient, & Millwall. These were decent players but none that really stood out and none that I considered it unrealisic that they were playing at this level.

Some other squad players tha made an impression.

Carl Lee. He wasn't my first choice at AMC but after my #1 choice got injured a couple of times early on he took advantage and really made the position his own. His physical ability meant that we was a dominant force in the air from set-pieces and with the precision balls coming in from Chef it was easy. If he had more ability with the ball he would have scored closer to 50 goals. He was shortlisted for the Conference South player of the season award, (an won the Fans Player of the Year), but to be honest I'm not a fan. He honestly missed more than he scored and it was only the quality of the rest of the team that provided him with s many opportunities.

JJ. One of my loan signings was a DR and he kept JJ out of the picture for a while but I soon realised that there wasn't much between them so I opted to nplay my own player and play the loanee on the bench.

Peter Denton. Was first choice on the right flank until he got injured twards the end of the season. We really missed him in the playoff games as we didn't have a decent replacement.

Rudd. Was played at both right back and centr-half depending on who else was available and where we needed him. A decent squad player.

Yasser Kelly. He wasn't as good as Scott Doch, but started more often as I looked to ease Doch into the team gradually. 17 goals from someone with such limited ability is not to be siffed at, however he will not be here again next season if I can help it.

Squad Stats.

Information.

Finances. The reason they look so healthy is because I managed to sell 3 squad players for 79,000 during the season and have sold another 2 more over the close season for 115,000. None of the players mentioned above were sold so it shouldn't impact the team too much. After spending much of my FM08 btime managing in N.Ireland it appears that the value i the English structure is impacted far too much by physical ability.

Confidence.

My scout found this guy, (real name has been changed). He is the Fred of forum member, Brighton researcher and part of the testing team Si BHA.

Cups. The focus of my attention was and is the league, so I tried to rotate players at least for the Cup games, and as a result didn't make too much progress.

FA Cup. Lost 4-1 to Stevenage in the First Round of the FA Cup, after being held to 2 replays in the qualifying rounds as we progressed past Maidenhead, Swindon Supermarine & Banbury.

Setanta Shield. Lost 1-0 to Grays in the 4th Round after dispatching Cheshunt, AFC Wimbledon and Havant & W along the way.

FA Trophy. Lost in the 3rd Qualifying Round to Droylsdon. This was the only competition where I did not at least meet the boards expectations.
    Seasonal Best 11.

Jamie Stannard is rated as the best of the youngsters that have just been promoted.

The others seem to be of a similar ability, (not great), but Yank is of interest simply because he was born in Rockwall, Texas, USA.

For the coming season the board expect me to achieve a safe mid-table position. I would hope for at least playoffs again but I am keeping the expectations as they are, as I don't plan on spending anything on players, and only want to sign young players who's demand for big wages should not too high.
    Last edited by Jimbokav1971; 17-09-2008 at 10:48.

First Team

Excellent season Jimbo. Unlucky not to have came first in the end. I bet you was delighted taking 1st even just for a few games. Docherty is looks like he could be great, and a nice amount fo goals returned too. Lets hope I can have the same sort of effect this season.!

Part-timer

Well, after deciding to take one last go at this Challenge, I decided to take over as manager of Merthyr Tydfil, oh the joy.

So, here I am

And here is the team info

With fake players, this is going to be hard, but fun I hope.

Youth Team

It should make it harder Happy.

What I wasn't expecting though was a significant reduction in the number of available players at the beginning of the 2nd season. Because the nationalities are all scrambled, I found a large number of players in the English game who start playing at in the English structure, despite not having a work permit to be able to do so.

As a result, my scout is finding me players that have been released by English clubs, (and whom are still based in England), but whom I don't have any chance of signing because they are of Conference quality, which might be what i am looking to sign but it generally doesn't allow them to qualify for a work permit, (which they need to work here). If they can't get get a work permit now, how did they come to be playing in England in the first place.

F.R.U.S.T.R.A.T.I.N.G.

First Team

Real London breaking news :

Consortium completes takeover.

The chairman of Real London, relentless to get out of the club has finally sold up to a consortium lead by Dave Hammond.

This isn't the best news for manager NepentheZ, because unknown "Ass Man" Michael Wright is looking to take over from NepentheZ sooner rather than later.

I fear my tenure at Real London could be over before its begun.

First Team

My fears were confirmed just shortly after the takeover.

NepentheZ - Sacked.

Its a crying shame, too. I'd taken the club to 4th, with just 12 games to go, and only 2 points off the leaders. My form was magnificent, and my 40 year old striker had 45 goals in 41 starts, and I had a 16 year old super striker, who hit 25 goals in 38 games. I took the club to the 1st Round of the F.A Cup, in which we replayed every game up until then, and only managed the 1st Round of the Setanta Shield S.

I had very big hoped that I could take this team high, a lot quicker than last time I tried, but wasn't even given the chance. I'm gutted. I'll holiday until the end of the season and see what else gets promoted.

First Team

After Douglas' departure from Real London FC, the club decided to revert back their own name "AFC Wimbledon", leaving Douglas to take his Real London legacy with him.

Formerly named Hendon are the club who hired Douglas, taking his Real London FC name with him. Real London, a small club just north of Euston, Tottenham Court Road, and the infamous Oxford Street have a very small squad, but a manager with a big heart for the club.

the club formally known as Hendon (Which from here on out will be known as Real London) - Hire Douglas.

Craig "NepentheZ" Douglas - Profile

First Team

FWIW - last season, "AFC Wimbledon" finished 4th, and got promoted via the play-offs.

Youth Team

Unlucky Nep. It's a marathon not a sprint though.

Page 107 of 115 FirstFirst ... 7 57 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 LastLast