+ Reply to Thread
Page 106 of 115 FirstFirst ... 6 56 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 LastLast
Results 10,501 to 10,600 of 11490

Thread: dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

Third Team

Default Re: dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

noooooooooooo my game won't load

why have you done this to me :'(

//wrists

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsuko View Post
    noooooooooooo my game won't load

why have you done this to me :'(

//wrists
    It's a shame when that happens, but I'm still yet to experience it.

I'm guessing that you don't have a back up then.

Third Team

nope. I used to do backups, then i didn't for this one. arg. I'll guess I'll start again. -_-

Third Team

I just re-installed the latest patch, and it works again. Yay Now I must implement backups.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsuko View Post
    nope. I used to do backups, then i didn't for this one. arg. I'll guess I'll start again. -_-
    Since seeing that a lot of people have had problems with games not loading, I've started keeping backups just in case, but thankfully it's not happened to me yet.

Gutted for you though, I can understand how annoying it must be to lose all that hard work.

Youth Team
    I used to chase eggs. Now I am just trying not to respond to eegits.

I know this is overkill but I used to keep a save from every single month on my dafuge save so that when any bugs cropped up I could give the testing team everything they wanted.

I'll probably do the same again with FM09. There is nothing so soul destroying as losing a long term game to a corrupt save when you haven't got a back-up.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelS View Post
    Good luck with Chippenham. Its been a fun challenge for me with Chippenham so far.
    Cheers! Except after coming back from weird work shifts and having no time to play I've decided to go for AFC Hornchurch. If I pick another team please shoot me. Haha.

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/n...g?t=1220559447

Reserves

Good luck _Agalloch_

Good to see we're using the same skin

roberto922

I really am lazy I waited until someone posted here so I didn't have to look through my subscribed threads

I'm having a cracking season so far, I'm in October so the mid season update should come today or tomorrow

Reserves

Then good thing I posted

Training and youth facilities will be upgraded in one month. Can't wait

My update will hopefully be next week when I have a bit more time to play FM.

roberto922

Part-Timer

Very harsh indeed, just one would have been enough. Did they really have to rub it in with a second one though??

Reserves

That's harsh roberto. The ref always like awarding penalties in a tied game in the 90th minute in my AFC Wimbledon save. I feel your pain

It's so annoying losing points in the 90th minute.

Amateur

Cheers rancer890.

By the way, are we allowed to sign players via the transfers screen? For instance, a Swedish team has released a keeper who is willing to go on trial (I managed to brainwash him by spiking his cup of tea), I am allowed to sign him through these means right?

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by _Agalloch_ View Post
    Cheers rancer890.

By the way, are we allowed to sign players via the transfers screen? For instance, a Swedish team has released a keeper who is willing to go on trial (I managed to brainwash him by spiking his cup of tea), I am allowed to sign him through these means right?
    Yeah, you can trial anyone who you can't scout.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by rancer890 View Post
    Yeah, you can trial anyone who you can't scout.
    Ah, thanks for the reply. I thought that but just wanted to double-check.

Reserves

Training facilities at AFC Wimbledon are now 'adequate' from basic, and youth facilities 'basic' from minimal.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by _Agalloch_ View Post
    Cheers! Except after coming back from weird work shifts and having no time to play I've decided to go for AFC Hornchurch. If I pick another team please shoot me. Haha.

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/n...g?t=1220559447
    nooooooooo you can't go back once you go Chippenham

Amateur

King's Lynn - Blue Square Premier Season 2011-12

Transfers:
    Again given a massive transfer budget of bugger all, we had to rely on free signings. Carl Regan came from Blue Square South side Salisbury and slipped right into the right back position left vacant by Matt Jackon's retirement. The versatile former Grays' player Ernie Cooksey also came on a free and was an important cog in the side as well. Outside of this, striker Dexter Ravenhill came from Histon having scored twenty in the Conference North the year before last, whilst veteran Darren Huckerby made a permanant move from Norwich after his contract expired. Young defenders Ronnie Dailly and Russell Bosnar came on frees to help solidify the weak point of the side.

Norwich again were generous in their loans as centre back Matthew Fry and left-back Nick Taylor came for the season, whilst Danny Sturgess returned to the club on loan and highly rated Ukranian winger Miroslav Slavov also came for the season.

Despite announcing that he'd play on to the new year, Mustapha Hadji was replaced as club captain by hard-working midfielder Sam Tuttnott, whilst Lewis Alessandra was named his deputy. (Transfers)

The League:
    Whilst it was only an improvement of two places, it was a much better season all around the board as we scored slightly more and conceeded a lot less goals. A finish of sixteenth was completely satisfactory given the non-existent resources handed to us and we are becoming less reliant on loan signings - hopefully they will just become the icing on the cake as we push for a top half finish next season. The highlights of the season were a 4-0 win over eventually fourth placed finishers Crawley, a 2-0 win over eventual winners Kettering and a 2-1 win over ninth placed Dorchester.

Cups:
    Cup success is what will make this club prosper - and another exceptional FA Cup run was just what the doctor ordered - including an unbelievable 2-1 win over an understrength Aston Villa in the 3rd round. Other scalps were hard-fought wins over League One side Swansea and Championship side Blackpool. The dream run came to an abrupt end in the 5th round at home to Blackburn - the Linnetts going down 6-0. We also made the main draw of the other major competitions - losing in the 4th round of the Setanta Shield and the 3rd round of the FA Trophy; both times on penalties.

Season Results:
    League - 16th (12-21-13) - League Table - Media Prediction: 23rd, Bookies Odds: 81-1.
    FA Cup - 5th Round (0-6 vs. Blackburn)
    FA Trophy - 3rd Round (2-2 (1-2 on penalties) vs. Halifax)
    Setanta Shield - 4th Round (0-0 (3-4 on penalties) vs. Blyth)

Players:
    Loan signing Miroslav Slavov was crucial on the right-wing in his 48 appearances for the season. The winger scored eight and had a hand in twelve as he and Robert Eagle were an exceptional combination on opposite flanks. The former Norwich left-winger Eagle scored six goals in his 36 starts and also assisted in seven. Striker-wise, vice-captain Lewis Alessandra had an inconsistent season, but his record shows an impressive fifteen goals from 27 starts whilst he also had six assists. Young gun Danny Sturgess was the first-choice striker with fifteen goals in 38 starts in an impressive showing. Mention must also be made to club legend Mustapha Hadji who finished his career in January at the club after 125 league appearances for the club after a career spanning nearly 20 years and an even 500 league appearances.

Manager Overview
    Finances
    Confidence
    Club Information
    Stats
    Records
    Best XI | Overall XI
    Muller nails third in the Blue Square Premier Manager of the Year

English Premier League - Liverpool
    FA Cup - Blackburn 1-3 Portsmouth
    Carling Cup - Arsenal 4-0 Chelsea
    Community Shield - Arsenal 1-0 Liverpool
    Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Oldham 1-2 Swindon
    FA Trophy - Port Vale 3-1 Exeter
    Setanta Shield - Histon 2-4 Exeter
    UEFA Champions League - Man Utd 0-0 Real Madrid (Man Utd won 3-0 on penalties)
    UEFA Cup - Arsenal 1-0 AC Milan

Conclusion/Looking Ahead
    Hoping to capitalise on a good season to push for a top-half finish next year. With over one million in the bank, I'll be very unhappy - but we've shown we can survive. May find some big offers for Bosnar and Tuttnott which I hope to be able to fend off. Also, Darren Huckerby has announced he will retire before the 2012-13 season after 562 career appearances and 145 goals.

roberto922

I'm in December so I will hopefully have an update at some time tonight

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by roberto922 View Post
    I'm in December so I will hopefully have an update at some time tonight
    Looking forward to seeing your update.

I have decided that an AFC Wimbledon game won't be happening for me now. I went back to my NI game for just a quick look and have fallen straight back into it, so will be having another bash with that for a while.

Youth Team

I have completely aped Mongrel's format for my first post so I hope that is acceptable and thanks to him

AFC Wimbledon - Blue Square South Season 2008-09

Transfers:
    I knew I had drastic changes to make looking at my lackluster AFC Wimbledon squad. While I had no doubts that they would compete in the BSS, it would be difficult to obtain promotion with the players I was given. We splashed the cash on American striker Jon-Paul Pittman for $150k from Crawley. All other transfers arrived on a free after they were let go by their previous teams.

A key to the success this season was my feeder club affiliation with Arsenal. The Gunners provided me with some of their young starlets to nuture, and Rhys Murphy, Havard Nordtveit, and Gavin Hoyte would soon become fan favorites amongst the Wimbledon faithful.
    Squad

The League:
    We cruised to victory in the league, finishing with over 100 points and a goal difference of +75. Losing only 5 times, it was never really in doubt as we finished 22 points above Hampton and Richmond in second place. However, it was to be Ebbsfleet who would win the chance to be promoted with us in the playoffs.

Cups:
    AFC Wimbledon had little success in the FA Cup and Setanta Shield, disappointing our supporters with poor showings in both Cups. However, a sparkling run in the FA Trophy competition would soon make them forget about our failures in the previous two cups. Wimbledon did very well to reach the final (beating several Blue Square Premier teams along the way), before stuttering and ultimately succumbing to Kettering on penalties. A disappointing result, but the money earned from progressing so far in these cups will go a long way to helping fortify the squad for the BSP next season.

Season Results:
    League - 1st (34-3-5) - League Table
    FA Trophy - Final (2-2 (4-5 on penalties) vs. Kettering) - Competition Stats

Players:
    Rhys Murphy was a revelation at striker, poaching 37 goals and 10 assists in 33 league appearances. Jon-Paul Pittman offered a great return on the money invested in him as well, grabbing 24 goals and 12 assists in 33 league matches. The young centerback pair of Christopher Fisher and Mitchell Nelson both played admirably under such pressure all year and both have been drawing multiple transfer inquiries as of late. Wingers Mustapha Hadji and Patrick Bexfield both performed well but these are areas that will have to be inspected closely ahead of next season.

The real surprise of the season was Charley Hearn, who is highly rated by my coaching staff despite what appears to me to be some rather modest ratings. He was unstoppable playing on the left side of central midfield however, contributing 15 goals and 27 assists in 36 league matches. He is a player who handles pressure very poorly however; will he be able to cope with the spotlight at a higher level of play next season?

First-choice Goalkeeper Jon Stewart, while capable, was not impressive in his first season for the club and his is a position that will have to be addressed with a move up to the BSP.

Confidence
    Bussen tops Manager of the Year List
    Pittman and Hearn for Player of the Year

Conclusion/Looking Ahead
    Overall, I couldn't have asked for a better first season. Grabbed some talented young players as well as crafty veterans on frees and cruised through the BSS with little trouble. Disappointed in my two failed cup runs but I can't complain overall as the squad doesn't have much depth and promotion was my number one goal for the season.

Some bad news at the conclusion of this season however as Rhys Murphy has refused to renew his loan to Wimbledon for next season. Nordtveit accepted our loan proposal but lots of teams (Man United, Villa), have been sniffing around him so hopefully Arsenal hold onto him for now. Hoyte is also happy to return, something that will no doubt cheer the Wimbledon faithful ahead of next season.

I have asked the board to expand our training facilities several times and they are beginning to get annoyed with my constant proposals May have to wait until our financial situation is a bit more stable before I ask again.

Number one need for next season is a capable goalkeeper. I may have to look towards getting somebody on season-long loan because the transfer market isn't looking good for keepers. I would also like to sign some more capable wingers and grab some backups as I don't know how much longer some of the club's aging veterans can keep playing (*ahem* Hadji).

Actually, just to leave you hanging, I have managed to sign a spectacular young winger for loads of money. Will update with transfer information soon. Still looking for a keeper though...
    Last edited by mdbussen; 05-09-2008 at 16:10. Reason: correct errors

roberto922

I think that's rancers format anyway so...

roberto922

Oh yeah I forgot to say that my update is on the way, I'm writing it now.

Youth Team

I think that's rancers format anyway so...
    well then all credit goes to him

roberto922

AFC Wimbledon January Update - Season 7 (2014/2015)

To Begin....

My stadium has been expanded again, we now have a capacity of 9400 which means we have a half decent capacity at last. The youth facilities are also upgraded and are now average.

Championship Prediction - 24th
    Championship Position - 5th
    F.A Cup - Third Round (Nottm Forest 3/1/15
    League Cup - 3rd Round (Defeated by Fulham)

Championship - Graph - Table

Championship
    : A brilliant season so far, we look like surprise contenders for promotion and I'll be absolutely delighted if we do but just to be in contention in my first Championship season is a great achievement. If we don't I'm confident that we'll go up next year so it's all good.

League Cup : I won't go into detail but we travelled to Bristol City in the 1st round and came away with a 3-1 win. We then entertained Chesterfield and finished the match with a 2-1 win on penalties after drawing the first 120 minutes 2-2. And now to our failure, we travelled to Top (sniggers) premiership side Fulham hoping for a decent result, to be honest we did what was expected and put up a fight as we lost 2-1, the final goal coming up in the 92nd minute after we had equalized in the 80th minute... Ok I went into detail

Other Info

Finances
    Squad
    Team Info

Manager Info
    Manager Overview

Player Records
    Team Records

Transfers :-

Fantastic season as far as transfers are concerned.

Ole Soderberg
    - He's been alright so far but not very good, I've got a new goalkeeper in to replace him anyway so it's all good.

Danny Woodards - I brought him in as a first choice but he has since turned into good back u due to Davis playing well.

Patrick Boyle - I was delighted when we got Paddy in and so far he has lived up to his reputation, it looks like he has a great future ahead of him and could be our first choice left back for year to come

Pedro - History - Finally! What an epic journey this was, so far he's been rotating with Kareem Phillips, mainly due to me forgetting to ignore my assistant who keeps putting Phillips in! I'm just delighted to have him in though and I think he'll be with us until he retires.

Rui Fonte - At last the two season wonder has realised we're good enough for him, so far he's played very well and looks like he'll be competing with John Simpson for the top scorer award.

Wojniech Sczcesny - Yet another Arsenal youngster has signed and boy do we need him, Soderberg might be good as far as attributes are concerned but otherwise... anyway Sczcesny has been top for me every other time I've signed him and I'm sure he will be this season too.

George Krenn
    - A good young defensive midfielder that could turn out to be brilliant or terrible.

I'll discuss the other signings in the Young stars to watch section.

Players of the Season

Season Summary so far

Everythings been going good so far and I remain hopeful that we can get promoted this season, even if we don't we've still had a good season and can go on to next season with confidence. The youngsters are coming along nicely, the Germans in particular have been very good so the future looks bright too so smiles all around.

The players to watch section will be in the proper season review

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by mdbussen View Post
    well then all credit goes to him
    Guess my formats are the norm for a bunch of threads these days

roberto922

Don't get big headed Only two as far as I know, I prefer Neps anyway

Reserves

I always like combining a bit of update styles from everyone (including Nep) and then add something that no one uses in their own updates (parent/feeder club info, highlights/lowlights of the season)

And roberto, looking good so far in the Championship

Youth Team

Nice season Roberto good luck as you try to win promotion!

I can currently only dream of Arsenal youth rejects playing for my team someday

roberto922

Ahem? Pedro rejected Arsenal so he's not a reject

Reserves

I always get Spurs rejects...which isn't really saying much lol.

I've made an offer to Colchester's transfer-listed Defender Takura Mtandari (who played with us in BSS and BSP)

Reserves

And just noticed I have as much money as you do roberto...in 2 divisions lower

Just curious, what's making you lose money this season?

roberto922

Signing on fees, construction costs and more wages. I'll make it back as we progress in the cups hopefully.

roberto922

500k sign on fee for Rui Fonte

Reserves

Signing on fees, construction costs and more wages. I'll make it back as we progress in the cups hopefully.
    Oh ya, nearly forgot about signing fees. Never gave a player on my team one yet

My season looks ok, mid table as usual. I think we can obviously do better, but I want a stadium upgrade before entering L1...

My wages are around 1.5 to 1.7 million annually.

roberto922

You won't get one, your stadiums considered good enough at that level so...

Reserves

500k sign on fee for Rui Fonte
    Half a million? (I assume British pounds so around US$1 million, 1/5 of how much money I have right now lol)

I'm cheap lol. I only sign players on a free and sell them for profit when I find someone as good, if not better

Only 8 more goals from Scott Rhodes and we will pocket an extra US$110k

Reserves

You won't get one, your stadiums considered good enough at that level so...
    Ah, oh well. We're maxed out at around 4500 a game. My number one priority is to continue to improve training and youth facilities anyways

roberto922

Well I was competing with the best team in England...

Amateur

Not been on for a few days so I just scanned through.

I'm upto December in my game, 2 games off Jan. Might give a mid-season update on 1st Jan.

BTW, you can not sign players parent clubs send to you. Just when they say they're sending them go on the players profile and click withdraw transfer bid.

P.S. Might change my name to R2D2 just to fit in with the whole 'R' and number thing. haha.

roberto922

Aww the temptation Sheff Utd

Amateur

How can resist? bar the fact you have to stay for the challenges sake.

roberto922

And the fact we're still on course for playoffs

roberto922

Holy baby Jesus! I was gonna leave my end of season update until 1st July but I got an overload of news in that beautiful month of June My report will be along soon, I'm starting it now but it'll be a long one... calming down now

roberto922

AFC Wimbledon end of season update - Season 7 (2014/2015)

To Begin :- Brand New Stadium!

That's right we have a new stadium on the way, it'll hold over 18,000 and will also have undersoil heating. The name? In honour of my miracle work over 7 seasons they have decided to name the stadium The... AFC Wimbledon Stadium. The stadium will cost 15.75m (15.25m has been taken as a loan) and will be completed by 15th June 2017.

Training Facilities expansion

To add to my construction delights/expenses we will be getting a boost to the training facilities, my guess is that they will be taken up to a good standard. This will certainly be useful in the long run.

Arsenal link terminated

After a long and fruitful 7 year affiliacy we have split from Arsenal due to reasons to be uncovered.

Championship Prediction - 24th
    Championship Position - 5th
    F.A Cup - 4th Round (Defeated by Tottenham)
    League Cup - 3rd Round (Defeated by Fulham)

Championship - Table - Graph unavailable due to advancement past June 20th

Whoohoo a helluva season! My target for this season was to avoid relegation. The result?? Well let's just say we've brought in £29.5 million in PREMIER Division TV Rights the table says it all, absolutely speechless tbh and this is easily my best FM Season. I'll shut up now and get on with the rest of it because I could talk all day right now...

Best Elevens
    - Season | Overall

Other Info

Finances
    Squad
    Team Info

Manager Info
    Manager Overview

Player Records
    Team Records

AFC Wimbledons Player of the Year - Adriano

Players of the Season

Adriano - As he reaches the twilight of his career he just keeps on going, I seriously doubt he'll be a regular in the Prem as his pace is criminal now but he's been a fantastic signing for the two years we've had him so far and I'm sure he'll bang a few in from the subs bench at least.

Rui Fonte - Marked his return to the club with a good season, making a fantastic contribution of 26 goals and 20 assists, he also reestablished himself as our all time top scorer but I think Simpson will end up taking it from him.

Lars Pedersen - He's been a defensive rock for us over the last three seasons and IMO he will be more than good enough to remain as our DM as we enter the Premiership battle.

Robert Smith - This lad continues to amaze me as he enters his 6th season with us and continues to improve. To lead us from Blue Square outcasts to Premiership new boys is amazing IMO and this man is destined for greatness... with us of course.

John Simpson
    - yet another outstanding season from Simpson and he is the one striker that I am convinced will be able to mix it in the Premiership.

Youngster Watch

Right then, time to have a look at my various youngsters so far. My main success so far seems to have come from Germany where I picked up 3 youngsters from the freebie market. Jozef Sedlak is also progressing well along with my other new youngsters.

Jozef Sedlak - He's progressing well now and had an impressive strike rate in the reserves of over 70 goals, his stats are now starting to improve quite a bit but he looks like a player that I'll be making a quick buck off rather than establishing himself as a regular, mainly thanks to this next kid.

Michael Hartmann - Easily the best prospect we've had since a 16 year old Robert Smith turned up. He has real star potential and I'll certainly be watching him closely.

These two players are the two I'll be following the closest and I certainly hope to get at least one of them in to the first team for a cup match or two.

Season Summary

Absolutely amazed with my season. We'll be in the big time and changes will be needed but I'm confident that I have a strong enough bacbone to keep us up. Big changes are afoot at Kingsmeadow and I'm just glad to be a part of it.

Manager history

Season 1 - Blue Square South - 1st place. Promoted
    Season 2 - Blue Square Premier - 3rd place. Promoted
    Season 3 - League Two - 17th place
    Season 4 - League Two - 2nd place. Promoted
    Season 5 - League One - 9th place
    Season 6 - League One - 1st place. Promoted
    Season 7 - Championship - 5th place. Promoted

Honours

Blue Square South Title -
    English FA Trophy -
    JPT Trophy - 2013
    League One - 2014

First Team Squad Member

Well done Roberto.
    Last edited by aaberdeenn; 06-09-2008 at 03:37.

Youth Team

Well done Roberto, but next time try and do it without a parent club loaning you players. It's much more challenging and rewarding.

Part-Timer

Well done Roberto, you've finally made it! Next stop the Champions League?

First Team Squad Member
    Dat Guy Welbz is now 223 goals away from equalling Henry's record at Arsenal

Impressive roberto, but would be a LOT more impressing if you hadn't done it with Arsenal as a parent club

roberto922

Yeah, yeah I'll do it without them next time, probably in FM 09

Amateur

Mid-Season Update - Hednesford 08-09

Blue Square North

In the league I've been doing quite well for my first season in charge. I'm 5th (for those not familiar with the BSN 5th is the last play off place) which is good considering I got hit by an injury crisis about October/November time. At the very start of the season, about August/Early September time I wasn't doing as well though. I won my first two games which was all well and good but then I went on a run of four games without a win and it all looked a but bleak. My next result was a 2-1 win over Gainsborough. Then I lost 3 on the trot and it looked like we were relegation candidates again. Then I went on a seven game winning streak which fired us back to play off contenders. Then a draw came and another draw. Once again we fought back and won two games on the trot and come January 1st our last game was a 0-0 draw with promotion contenders Kettering. It was a hard fought match but was well worth the away point to a strong team. The only downside was that Star man Stuart Thurgood got banned for one match due to two yellows. Our recent form has left us 5th in the league.

FA Cup

We had a fairly decent run in the FA Cup this year for a BSN team. First up was the second qualifying round against fellow BSN team King's Lynn. We won this game fairly comfortably with a 3-0 win. In the 3rd Qualifying round we got drew up against Rushall, a greyed out team from the leagues below the Blue Square ones. They caused a scare as they went 1-0 up after 12 minutes but we showed good character and lethal finishing as we ran off 3-1 winners. We had Worksop in the 4th qualifying round and the first match was even stevens as we drew 1-1, it was a tough game and no team showed enough class to deserve the a place in the next round. So it went down to a replay, this ended 0-0 after 90 minutes and boiled down to extra time, it was end to end stuff with both teams ending with more than 20 shots each. But still the two teams could not be seperated and then came the dreaded penalty shootout, eventually we won on pens 5-3 as they hammered two of their pens wide, we however managed to put away all 5. So next came the round where League 1 teams enter. and we got one. at home. it was possibly the best draw we could have got as we maxed out the stadium and held our pride intact when we only lost 1-0 due to a 25 yard strike in the 87th minute. Our FA Cup dream was overbut we had a good time none-the-less.

Setanta Shield

In the Setanta shield we entered in the 1st round against Barrow and a good solid game as we ran out deserved winners in a 2-0 win. Next up was Gateshead and once again we played a good game and ran out 2-0 winners again. Then came our first test in the SS: Farsley. They had been relegated out of the BSP and were a strong side, despite our surprising dominance we drew 2-2 and went to penalties, we won 4-2 on penalties this time and I was delighted with the win. That was until I saw who we got drawn up against: Stevenage. They were a favourite for promotion to the Football League out of the BSP and they had obvious quality. This showed when we got nailed 5-1 by them. It was a bit of a reality check for the lads but we were all the more focused on the league now.

FA Trophy

The final Cup we were entered in and it was maybe the most disappointing one of the lot. We entered at the 3rd qualifying round and finshed at the 3rd qualifying round replay. the result was 2-2 in the first lef where we took both chances we had as Dorchester played us off the park. In the replay it was the same stroy except they put away more of their chances in a very similar match to the first one. We were very disappointed by our performance but again, gave us more focus on the league.

Mid Season Summary

Well I'm pleased with our position in the league as it shows that we do have quality but the FA Trophy performance was awful and it wont happen again. Our run in the FA Cup was extremely good aswell and I hope we can go that one step further next time round. As for the end of this season I plan to get promoted whether it be play-offs or we go on a sudden winning streak of 19 games and win it. I also want a parent club so will persevere with my board and I will get one.

By the way I might do monthly updates from now on, what do you reckon?

Reserves

Well done roberto

Your finances will definately improve next season

Amateur

Im on a horrible winless streak with marine. My 2nd season in league 2 after two successive promotions and im struggling at the bottom of the table. My parent team liverpool hardly helped in terms of loaned players and the ones that kept me up last season (mainly Amoo) now dont want to come to me. I found some talented youngsters which are good enough for my first team which is a positive i guess. A 17 yr old DM scouted from bury U-18 squad could become a player for the prem i reckon. Need to get there first though.

Any advice on how to change my fortune would be great.

roberto922

They're only at about £2 million after season ticket sales, I had to pay the players 1m in clauses.

Mit p - My tips would be to scour the freebies market for as long as you can and pick out the best players possible and mess about with your tactics for a bit until you find a good one, at the moment I've got a good 4-4-2 with an AM farrow that's working brilliant and the work has certainly payed off.

Reserves

Well, good luck in the Premiership roberto and hope you stay there.

mit_p - what roberto said. Look through everyone who is unattached, scout them and trial them. Also remember to look through the news items where some players leave their clubs after mutual termination. I got some players using that route too for a season or two.

I currently use a 4-1-2-2-1 tactic that's kept me afloat in League 2, and nearly got me into League 1 last season.

roberto922

I am in a beautiful heaven I beat Liverpool 2-0

Reserves

Just made an offer to transfer-listed Dag Olsen

And defender Cian Hughton has officially signed with AFC Wimbledon

roberto922

We've had a fantastic start to the season so far, we were robbed against Bolton 1-1 then we beat Liverpool 2-0 and we're 3-2 up vs Spurs at half time.

Amateur

Yeah im using a tried and tested tactic, ive used it for all of my games so far on fm08 and had something similar on 07.
    Its 442 diamond with the DM pushed up to CM with a barrow to dm and the AM has a farrow to CF. Got preston to champ league and stockport to prem with it. I'll mess around with it though, needs a change i guess.

With regards to the free players ive got 2 scouts, one with 19 potential judgement and other with 20 current ability judgement, cant find me much but will keep on trying. I found a good way to find cheap young players for free is to look at europe's national teams and pick up the free players from there. If theyve had a cap you can see their full stats which is pretty cool. Got laurie Dalla valle from finland...legend, although he isnt that good on this game.

Cheers for the advise and i'll let you know how it goes.

Reserves

Maybe also look for a national team in the Caribbean, mit_p. Some of them have real quality

Found a regen from Montserrat through my scout who I'm bleeding into the first team, and trying to get the rest of the national team as well

I might even go as far as purchasing (yes, I might actually spend my transfer budget) a Montserrat striker from Crawley. He's worth 200k though.

Amateur

lol apart from the work permit problems, i only have 70k transfer budget. but will keep an eye out from the caribbean players.
    South africans tend to be amazing after a few years of regens aswell.

Reserves

No worries mit_p, they should have English as 2nd nationality

Amateur

lol changed my tactic a bit and won 7-3, houldsworth on loan from aston villa scored 6...legend!

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by mit_p View Post
    lol changed my tactic a bit and won 7-3, houldsworth on loan from aston villa scored 6...legend!
    Nice job! Olsen (or Dawkins. I don't remember lol) once scored 5 goals for me.

Hope your season gets better

Amateur

Cheers, its still early in the season so hopefully can still push for playoff places if i can get get some results together

Amateur

January '08 Update - Hednesford

Results

v Burscough lost 2-1
    v Nuneaton won 2-1
    v Leigh won 2-1
    v Altrincham won 1-0
    v Gainsborough lost 4-0
    v AFC Telford drew 0-0

Overall not a bad month bar the game against Gainsborough. In that game we were awful, well after Rusk got sent off we were: He got sent off on the 18th minute and after that we had no one down the right hand side of defence capable of covering so the opposition exploited that and came away 4-0 victors. We did, however, have a goal disallowed when they were only 1-0 up and it seemed perfectly legal to me but hey, I'm the manager I think the match could have changed had that goal counted. Thurgood showed his free kick clas once more as he managed to score three outstanding free kicks in that month alone. I'm also unhappy at the Burscough result as it is the second time we have played them this season and once again the decisions went against us: we had two players sent off and their second was offside I can assure you I'm not just saying that In the Telford result we had so many chances but just didn't put them away, it seems Ademeno just hasn't recaptured the form he had before his 3 month injury.

League Table

As you can see that unlcuky draw against Telford cost us and sees us drop out of the play offs and into 6th.

Youth Team

Bulfin. Looking good despite dropping out of the playoffs.

Your League Table pic is too small though. I don't know how to post pics like that but if that's what you want to do then you need to save it as a jpeg rather than whatever that is.

ps. Where did you get them smilies from?

roberto922

Jimbo - click on it to view the bigger version `

Reserves

Roberto - suprised to see Rui Fonte doing well for you, he was awful for my Billericay side in League One! Though saying that my save un-patched, which could be why!

Youth Team

Jimbo - click on it to view the bigger version `
    But then it's too big.

Amateur

I just clicked on the screenshot button in FM then uploaded and used it as a thumbnail. By the way what do you mean it's too big when you click it.

I am posting my updates on TD aswell so I copied it off there and the smilies came with it I guess.

roberto922

You're just being awkward Jimbo

Reserves

Looking good Bulfin

Jimbo - it's not THAT big. It's only bigger than normal, that's all.

Amateur

I haven't actually clicked on it to see the size. One minute...

EDIT: It's not THAT big at all =/
    Last edited by Bulfin; 06-09-2008 at 18:14.

Youth Team

It filled up all my little screen about 4 times.

In any case. I'm keeping quiet now.

roberto922

Is yours 7 inches or something?

EDIT: That sounds wrong but there you go
    Last edited by roberto922; 06-09-2008 at 18:22. Reason: bad wording...

Reserves

What's your computer resolution Jimbo?

Amateur

Jesus Christ Jimbo!

My screen has to be at least 18" I reckon.

Reserves

My flat screen monitor's 23" but the screenie is bigger apparently.

Probably because I like sticking to my 1024 by 768 resolution

roberto922

I'm on 1280 by 800 pixels. This is proof that every forumer should use Photobucket

Amateur

I used to but you can't thumbnail the pictures so it takes up alot of room on the page.

Reserves

I use imageshack more than photobucket (I'm too lazy to sign in sometimes lol)

And how do you only have the image roberto? My photobucket links always have other things like zoom in and stuff as well...

roberto922

I don't know.. I just upload the pic and post the direct link.

Reserves

I don't know.. I just upload the pic and post the direct link.
    Guess my links aren't direct enough

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rancer890 View Post
    I use imageshack more than photobucket (I'm too lazy to sign in sometimes lol)

And how do you only have the image roberto? My photobucket links always have other things like zoom in and stuff as well...
    I use imageshack quickshot. Fantastic tool which uploads images and give me the url directly so I just can paste it

roberto922

Sounds good.. I hate imageshack though, I'm gonna see if theres something similiar for photobucket.

roberto922

You can use it on Photobucket

Semi Pro

You can use it on Photobucket
    Really? Cool

Reserves

I used to use Photobucket for my FM08 A New World thread, but since I lost interest in it maybe I should upload my Wombles career onto Photobucket

And roberto, speaking of challenge threads, what happened to the CSE Euro Championships? It's not dead right?

Third Team

Does quickshot work for Vista though?

Amateur

I can't view Imageshack pics so it's fairly pointless for me to post pictures from imageshack.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by canvey!! View Post
    Does quickshot work for Vista though?
    Dunno. Try?

roberto922

No it's not dead but I got fed up and now the competitors are dead Nah it's getting ridiculous now, all that needs to happen is two people finish their challenges and they'll have a straight pass to the semis ffs

roberto922

Yeah it works on Vista

Amateur

February '08 Update - Hednesford

Results
    v Farsley won 3-0
    v Harrogate won 3-1
    v Droylesden drew 2-2
    v Tamworth won 6-1

Again I consider this a successful month. We picked up 10 points out of 12, remianed unbeaten and the last result especially was just what we needed: We dominated from the word 'go'. It took until 57 minutes for them to have a shot and it went in. That would go on to be their only shot of the game as we ran out winners with 72% possession. The highlight of the month was Kirk Hudson; he scored 3 goals in that last match and assisted the 6th, he set up a wonderful goal against Droyelden taking on no less than 3 players and playing an exceptional through ball to veteran midfielder Dino Maamria. Mustapha Hadji was also a joy to watch as he scored two out of the three goals against Farsley and capped the performance with an assist of the third goal. And Finally, the other veteran, Dino Maamria, is the last player to deserve a special mention as he scored that goal against Droylesden, set up two more and scored an absolutely astonishing free kick against Tamworth.

League Table

Now we are back in the play off spots comfortably and it looks good for the remaining games we have left. I just hope Hudson can carry on his form.

Got second and third in MoTM and PoTM respectively

roberto922

I really should stop looking round the boards for ages and get on with the game that's been lying in my taskbar untouched for 3 hours...

Bulfin - Good season so far

Amateur

Either get on with it or close it so your internet goes faster.

Reserves

Another good month Bulfin.

Should seriously finish my homework instead of posting on the boards to I can continue with my Wombles game...

First Team

Real London Update - Season 23 (2030/2031)

Premiership Prediction - 4th
    Premiership Position - 13th
    F.A Cup - 4th Round
    League Cup - Winner's
    Champions League - Quarter Final

Premiership - Graph | Table

Premiership : This was the season I felt I had the best squad in the league, and the best chance of completing at least one half of the challenge. I was very wrong. Winning 3 of the first 3 games, I would only go on to win 10 more games for the entire season, never winning 2 in a row again. I was extremely frustrated, losing games 2-0 and 3-0 despite dominating, and the downfall of Raul Arguelles as a player is a massive contribution here. Tactically, my team were still brilliant, but they just lacked the confidence all season to convert the chances they had into goals. One game in particular I remember losing 2-0 despite the oppo having 1 shot, 1 on target and myself having 35 shots with 28 on target. I struggled to achieve what the board wanted, which was to qualify for Europe through the league, and 13th place was all I could manage. Very inconsistent, and something I'll need to address this for next season.

F.A Cup : Despite going out early in this Cup, I'm actually happy with the overall performance. Spurs were the club to knock me out, and it was only AET after my club fought hard against the title contenders.

League Cup : League Cup Final - Real London 4 - 3 Blackburn Rovers Saved my season really. An easy 3rd round draw saw me paired up with League 2 Mansfield, and one of my old Youth Projects would return to face me. Unfortunately, he couldn't do much to stop me, and we ran out eventual 2-0 winners, leaving us with a 4th Round draw v Crystal Palace. The minnows that consistently knock me out of Cups. It was time for revenge, and a 6-1 hammering of them was just reward for the hard work we showed in the game. Quarter Final was against League leaders Pompey, but a great display of finishing saw us win 4-2, after being 2-0 down at half time. It was starting to seem as though it was meant to be for us in this Cup. And so a tie against Stoke City in the Semi's for a shot in the final, and a great 4-2 win away saw us pretty much wrap up the tie. Well, nearly. Second leg, and Stoke hold a 2-0 lead with 15 minutes to go, leaving the tie in the balance. 1 Stoke goal now, and the dream is over. 1 Real London goal and its very much on. We did get the 1 goal, along with another from Liam Lamb leaving the tie 6-4 on agg, and Real London would play in their first Cup Final since the English Setanta Shield way back in 2013. Blackburn Rovers, a mid table team were the other finalists, and I was actually quite confident I could walk away victors. Although we made it hard work for ourselves, I was right. 3-1 up at half time, and never looked back. 4-3 at full time, but I never once felt like the tie wasn't ours. Europe for next season was now a certainty, and that gave me a little relief, as it wasn't going to happen in the league.

Champions League
    : So, my first shot at the Champions League, and I got a very unfortunate draw against Monaco. I was gutted. I felt like a chance of a lifetime had been snatched away from me. A 2-1 win after a 90th minute goal, and a 1-1 draw at The Real London Stadium ensured that Real London would be in the Champions League Proper, and were drawn against :

FBK Kaunus
    Sporting Lisbon
    AK

The game v Kaunus would see Davidas Sanejavas of Real London return to the club he signed for as a 16 year old. It was also the first game for Real London, and they made history, by winning the game 6-0. Quickly bought back to earth with a 3-1 defeat to Sporting, perhaps getting out of this group would be harder than the first game allowed us to believe. AZ were coming to the Real London stadium, and were leaving 90 minutes later empty handed after a Liam Lamb hattrick gave us a 3-1 win and put is in 2nd spot in the table. The return game offered little difference, but this time all 4 goals scored in the tie went to Real London, and with Sporting destroying Kaunus, 2nd spot was all but tied up for Real London. An away game against Kaunus was next up, with me being very easy going about it, and almost throwing the result away. I fielded a weaker team, and the 2-2 draw was a fair reflection of how the game went. The final group game v Sporting would only decide 1 thing. Weather Real London would finish top of the group, or second, and after the first result, I didn't hold my hopes high. But my team got out there and showed me they are worthy of Top Spot by demolishing Sporting 5-2, with a second Liam Lamb hattrick in the competition.

The first knockout round saw me drawn against Scottish Champs Rangers, and I was quite confident I could beat them. A 3-2 away loss made me very nervy in the second leg, but our class came through and we won the game 4-0 and took the tie 6-3 on agg.

A Champions League Quarter final draw v Real Madrid is what I got. I didn't care. At the moment the team were on a high in the Cups, Ruling everything put infront of them, and a shock 3-1 win at the Bernabau gave Real London massive hope to get to the Semi-Final at the first time of asking. Unfortunately, we fell apart at home losing 3-0, a 90th minute goal stealing the tie away from us, and Real Madrid were eventual winners. A lot of money came in from this competition, and should allow me to strengthen for next season to win the league and get back into the Champions League.

Best Elevens - Season | Overall

Club Ranking - 40th, (Up 23 places)

Other Info

Finances
    Team Selection
    Team Info

Manager Info
    Manager Overview
    Manager Profile

Player Records
    Team Records

Transfers
    Affiliated Clubs
    Real London Staff

Awards

Champions League Best Player, 3rd Place - Liam Lamb
    Champions League Dream team - 3 Players
    Champions League Golden Boot Winner - Liam Lamb
    Manager of the Year, 3rd Place - NepentheZ
    Real London Fans Player of the Year - Liam Lamb
    English Player of the Year, 3rd Place - Edguardo
    English Team of the Year - 2 Players
    Young Player of the Year, 3rd Place - Youth Project 19

New Real London Records

Average Attendace Broken - 35,711

Players of the Season

Liam Lamb - Top scorer. Champs League Golden Boot winner. One of the better players for me in a poor season

GTA IV - I was stupid enough to underestimate his ability this season, and played him in rotation with a couple other strikers. He still managed to bang in an incredable amount of goals, and even signed a new 4 year deal.

Season Summary
    Disappointing. I really need to sort the tactics out for next season to do better in the league. The Champs League and League Cup were obviously great successes this season, but 13th in the League just isn't good enough.

Manager history

Season 1 - Blue Square South - 6th place
    Season 2 - Blue Square South - 3rd place
    Season 3 - Blue Square South - 2nd place, Promoted
    Season 4 - Blue Square Premier - 12th place
    Season 5 - Blue Square Premier - 18th place, F.A Trophy Winners
    Season 6 - Blue Square Premier - 7th place, Setanta Shield Runner-Up
    Season 7 - Blue Square Premier - 4th place
    Season 8 - Blue Square Premier - 5th place, Promoted
    Season 9 - Coca-Cola League 2 - 16th place
    Season 10 - Coca-Cola League 2 - 3rd place, Promoted
    Season 11 - Coca-Cola League 1 - 4th place
    Season 12 - Coca-Cola League 1 - 17th place
    Season 13 - Coca-Cola League 1 - 3rd place
    Season 14 - Coca-Cola League 1 - 4th place, Promoted
    Season 15 - Championship - 14th place
    Season 16 - Championship - 10th place
    Season 17 - Championship - 3rd place, Lost in Play-Off Final (v Crystal Palace)
    Season 18 - Championship - 2nd place, Promoted
    Season 19 - Premiership - 13th place
    Season 20 - Premiership - 6th place
    Season 21 - Premiership - 7th place
    Season 22 - Premiership - 4th place
    Season 23 - Premiership - 13th place

*Real London were formally AFC Wimbledon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 106 of 115 FirstFirst ... 6 56 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 LastLast