+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3 53 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 LastLast
Results 10,201 to 10,300 of 11490

Thread: dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

roberto922

Default Re: dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

Oh I had an FA Cup vs y parent club Arsenal, maybe we got some of the ticket revenue?

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by roberto922 View Post
    Oh I had an FA Cup vs y parent club Arsenal, maybe we got some of the ticket revenue?
    That may well explain the increased revenue - which is why irl the smaller teams are always after the glamour ties with Premiership clubs.

roberto922

It was away though

roberto922

I hope not coz I'm sorted if I make 1.2m a month

mikeytwigge

revenue from cup matches is split between the teams

roberto922

Ah right

Amateur

well 15 games gone still no win for hendon, was sure we were finding form we we got a 3-3 draw with rochdale only to go and lose to Crawley and Weymouth after!

First Team

PSJMcNeill3 - What tactic are you using buddy? I'll give you a hand with finding a decent tactic if you want?

Amateur

News just in that Tivvy Town (nickname) have signed 31 yr old frenchman, Sasha Opinel. Manager Aidan Parry spoke to local press today and this is what he had to say: "I am delighted to capture an experianced player, such as Sasha, he is a great acquisition and for him to be a free agent after his present release from ebbsfleet, i am sure that Sasha can help tivvy maintain a good mid-table finish.

That is the most recent news from tivvy town Hope you enjoyed

On all pictures i upload, please ignore the hotmail message yes it is my girlfriend

*edit* Have i scared people off? Everytime i post the talk always stops Lol : (
    Last edited by xFeaReDxSHaDoWx; 27-08-2008 at 17:49.

Amateur

Snap, another Tiverton manager here, I also signed Sasha. Unfortunatly he turned out to be utter rubbish.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by OrientMartin View Post
    Snap, another Tiverton manager here, I also signed Sasha. Unfortunatly he turned out to be utter rubbish.
    Oh.....(insert censored word here) Poop.

How many friendlies do people normally have, i have had one with 3 weeks to season start thought was a bit unfair
    Last edited by xFeaReDxSHaDoWx; 27-08-2008 at 18:00.

Reserves

I only have one player with a penalty taking attribute over 10 xD...and currently on penalties with Barnet in Johnstone's Paint Trophy Round 1

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by xFeaReDxSHaDoWx View Post
    Oh.....(insert censored word here) Poop.

How many friendlies do people normally have, i have had one with 3 weeks to season start thought was a bit unfair
    Get your assman to arrange them. Finally got the first team Tottenham team instead of their reserves lol, along with Roma

Reserves

I beat Barnet on penalties

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by NepentheZ View Post
    PSJMcNeill3 - What tactic are you using buddy? I'll give you a hand with finding a decent tactic if you want?
    Thanks, have been using a 4-3-1-2, which got me promoted to the blue square but not very good in blue square

First Team

In my experience, a 4-4-2 with the wide men being AMR / AML is most effective. The left center midfielder has a Barrow, and proves great in that role stopping chances, and the right center mid is more attacking, but no farrow. If you've got MSN, I could give you a much more detailed breakdown of how to get the best out of your players (if you wanted) - otherwise, I could create another thread in the tactics forum.

Amateur

News just in that Tivvy Town (nickname) have signed 31 yr old frenchman, Sasha Opinel. Manager Aidan Parry spoke to local press today and this is what he had to say: "I am delighted to capture an experianced player, such as Sasha, he is a great acquisition and for him to be a free agent after his present release from ebbsfleet, i am sure that Sasha can help tivvy maintain a good mid-table finish.

That is the most recent news from tivvy town Hope you enjoyed

On all pictures i upload, please ignore the hotmail message yes it is my girlfriend

*edit* Have i scared people off? Everytime i post the talk always stops Lol : (
    Opinel last season was an excellent full back but with far too many bookings for me, had 4 or 5 suspensions lol

Amateur

In my experience, a 4-4-2 with the wide men being AMR / AML is most effective. The left center midfielder has a Barrow, and proves great in that role stopping chances, and the right center mid is more attacking, but no farrow. If you've got MSN, I could give you a much more detailed breakdown of how to get the best out of your players (if you wanted) - otherwise, I could create another thread in the tactics forum.
    That'd be great but don't have time at the minute i'll try and get your address when i have free time later thanks!

Amateur

Would this challenge work with the wlesh league by any chance

Reserves

Would this challenge work with the wlesh league by any chance
    You can play as a Welsh club in Gundo's Challenge

Banned

Nearly there now

27th of Jan

Amateur

Well after one friendly:Friendly versus Exeter City

and one League match over:
    First League Game report

Manager Aidan Parry was very dissapointed with 2 losses out of the two, and even more aggreived the the woeful performance of new club captain and new signing Sasha Opinal (link in previous thread) The gaffer had this to say: For a frest start at a new club i didnt expect to be in the same position as i started, with an increase of budget but decrease in wage budget, i will be looking to sign some top players in the next coming weeks, meanwhile, i have stated that the poor performance by club captain sasha that another performance like that would relegate him from his 1st team status and until i am fulfilled with the players hard work in training and reserves will i promote him back.

With Sasha's reply: "I feel zat ze gafferz comments were true, and in my opinion i belive that i have to improve my performance and to prove to him that i am worthy of ze shirt"

Banned

Jonah BigFish has just been officially declared as Marine's new manager.

http://s374.photobucket.com/albums/o...nt=Profile.jpg

Anything else I need to do?

mikeytwigge

end of season 2 update

Another slow start for us with us having to wait 5 games for our first win, not as bad as last years 15 games where we still finished 2nd and still got promoted, so i was still hopefull of getting promoted again. i was keeping this hope quiet from the board though who i'd told we were going to get relegated. We followed this first win with a defeat but got back to form by beating halifax 3-0.

A defeat to cambridge brought us back down to earth before a 9 game ubeaten streak. Defeat to woking came next before our first cup match of the season at home against folkstone in the fa cup 4th qualyfying round. we hammered them 6-0 with a slightly weakened side out there but top goalscorer sam williams who had been brought in on loan scored a hatrick and got man of the match.

2 more league wins followed before a tough fa cup 1st round match against league two rochdale. 2-0 down at half time and i thought it was over but my two loan sighnings from astonvilla adam mcgurk and sam willliams had other ideas and scored once each to give us a 2-2 draw.

A 3-0 win against dorchester who had been promoted as champions from the BSS with us set us up well for the fa cup reply being played at Rochdales Spotland ground. I came into this game expecting to get hammered but a goal from last seasons top scorer Akinde and star central defender Henry Mcstay meant we win 2-0.

A defeat and a draw in the league meant we go into the FA Cup 2nd round at home to Bradford which was being shown on the Tele very short on confidence. A goal just after half time from Arter our CM on loan from Charlton meant we took the lead although everyone though we had blown it when we conceeded on the 82 minuite. Again Sam williams comes to the resuce though with an 88minuite strike allowing him to claim MotM.

Exits in our first matches of the FA Trophy an Setenta Shield. followed while our league form remained inconsistent.

In the FA Cup we were hoping for a draw at home against the big premiership sides as we were know the lowest club left in the cup. We didnt quite get that but we cant complain about being drawn at home to championship lecister. The game drew in huge support with us only being 30 people short of our full capacity of 3500. unfortunately the game was bad from the off with us dropping 4-0 down before claiming a late concelation goal.

Inconsistent form in the league continued and saw us remain mid table and finish 9th in the league 3 points off the playoffs

Best Result of the season 2-1 win over Bradford FA Cup 2nd round
    Worst Result 3-0 loss to cambrige (BSP)
    Highest Attendence 3470 vs Leicister FA Cup 3rd round
    Best Player john Akinde
    signng of the season Sam Williams (on loan From aston villa)
    Last edited by mikeytwigge; 27-08-2008 at 21:19.

Amateur

ok to put it simply the Hendon board had enough of me lol, so loading it up again but taking AFC Wimbledon this time try and make it a bit easier lol

roberto922

Good luck PSJ, AFCs by far the most enjoyable game I've had on FM 08

Reserves

mikeytwigge: can you make your post a bit more readable? xD

PSJMcNeill3: good luck with AFC Wimbledon Currently at the bottom of League 2 with them lol.

roberto922

Nabil El ZHars on the bench for Liverpool IRL, he's one of my star players with AFC

Reserves

Woot. Simon Dawkins to AFC Wimbledon for US$90k

When are you gonna sign Pedro permanently roberto lol?

Is this re-scheduling really necessary lol?

roberto922

I would if I could his contract has been up for expiry twice but he's rejected me both times, it's up again at the end of this season so fingers crossed.

mikeytwigge

Quote Originally Posted by rancer890 View Post
    mikeytwigge: can you make your post a bit more readable? xD

PSJMcNeill3: good luck with AFC Wimbledon Currently at the bottom of League 2 with them lol.
    Is that any better, if not could you suggest any improvements

Amateur

Heres my profile again!

Amateur

Season 4

Chelmsford 2011/12 Coca-Cola League 2

Our first season in the Football League and we immediately became favourites for the drop before a ball was kicked. Personally, I was looking for a mid-table finish and maybe sneak a play-off place.

For the first time, we had some money to play with and I smashed the Chelmsford transfer record when buying Joe Tomkins on deadline day for £300K. Other signings included Aswad Thomas on loan from new parent club Charlton Athletic and Ryan Preece, an exciting youngster from Birmingham City. We also brought in some Eastern European talent to boost our squad. Unfortunately, some players that had served us so well over the past three seasons were deemed not good enough and were shipped out. The only real downer was the loss of Tom Devaux to Swindon for £120K, but he had requested a move to a bigger club.

Transfers

It was a season that is best described as up and down. We really struggled to put a string of results together and I struggled to settle on my best eleven players. A late surge at the back end of the season saw us rewarded with a playoff place and a meeting with Yeovil Town in the semi-final. A comfortable 1st Leg win at home was followed by a 2nd Leg defeat away but we were on our way to Wembley to meet Notts County!

County had beaten us home and away in the league and looked strong especially in attack. If we were to have any chance of winning this game, we had to starve them of the ball. County started brightly and clipped the post from a free-kick but we slowly gained momentum and put in one of our best displays of the season. With twenty minutes left and extra-time looming, Ryan Preece stepped off the bench to score the winner and seal promotion to League One. 1-0!

Coca-Cola League Two

Our sole representative in the division Select was Ryan Preece and I was awarded runner up spot in Manager of the Season

Players that really stood out this season were wingers Dennis Hinton, who we managed to buy in a part exchange deal and Lachezar Petrov whose arrival in January kick started our season

17 year old Striker Denis Drevensek looks a fantastic prospect and terrorised the youth and reserve leagues with 60 goals

Squad I Finances I Fans Player I Season XI I Overall XI
    Last edited by steve.rush; 09-09-2008 at 19:20.

roberto922

I've just noticed that I didn't get a single comment on my Mid season update

Reserves

I would if I could his contract has been up for expiry twice but he's rejected me both times, it's up again at the end of this season so fingers crossed.
    Spurs put Dawkins transfer-listed so I just offered what they wanted and got him.

Ryan Mason is my super-sub (4 goals in 9 games)

And hope you get Pedro this time.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by mikeytwigge View Post
    Is that any better, if not could you suggest any improvements
    Looks a lot better mikey

Of course, some bold headings + some screenies would be nice.

roberto922

Pedros alot better than Dawkins though

Reserves

Well that's obvious

Hope to get Olsen when his contract expires in 2013...
    Last edited by rancer890; 27-08-2008 at 21:46. Reason: typo

First Team

Woot. Simon Dawkins to AFC Wimbledon for US$90k

When are you gonna sign Pedro permanently roberto lol?

Is this re-scheduling really necessary lol?
    I think you'll find they ground-share

Reserves

I think you'll find they ground-share
    Oh. I never knew that. Thanks Nep

mikeytwigge

Looks a lot better mikey

Of course, some bold headings + some screenies would be nice.
    will do that next time then thanks for the advice and good luck with your game

Amateur

This challenge is really getting to me when im not doing the challenge, im thinking of what players do i know of in real life to buy, and i have no ideas

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by mikeytwigge View Post
    will do that next time then thanks for the advice and good luck with your game
    np mikey

Good luck with your game too

btw, what team are you? i cant see it from your update

Third Team

I think mikeytwigge is Billericay.

Amateur

Is anyone else with Tiverton would be nice to know

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by canvey!! View Post
    I think mikeytwigge is Billericay.
    Ok, thanks canvey!!

OMG, we're winning on the road this season (but not at home)

Amateur

OMG Whatsup with my team! 4 points from 2 games :O ZOMG!!!

First Team

OMG Whatsup with my team! 4 points from 2 games :O ZOMG!!!
    I don't get that post? ....

Amateur

I don't get that post? ....
    Sarcasm my team would normally not get any points

Amateur

Ok how does this work, i have never had board reaction under orange, and they say they are disapointed, and i have had messages of fans liking the signings and messages sayign they agree with the fans Awww poopy

Part-Timer

After being up 4-0 at half time in a cup game, I tell my squad to 'Not let their performance drop'.

They understand this to mean conceded 3 goals in the first 10 mintues of the second half?!?!? :mad:

roberto922

I never use that team talk, it nearly always has a bad effect on players.

Part-Timer

I never use that team talk, it nearly always has a bad effect on players.
    After their last performance, I don't think I'll be using that option again.

roberto922

roberto922

Jones could leave: FFS I asked for a new contract in January!

First Team Squad Member

Marine Update Season 2008/2009

After building an entire team and getting Everton as my parent club it took a while for the team to gel. The frist half of the season was ok, with a good start followed by a run of 4 straight defets we dropped to 13th in the table. However after christmas we went on a fantastic run of 3 defets in 25 games that meant we ended the season in 3rd place.

Playoffs

We played our rivals Southport away and after goals from top scorer Sam Higgins and another from onloan Jose Baxter led me to a 2-1 win away from home.
    The home leg ended 1-1 which meant we were in the Playoff final

In the final we played Histon who had finished 2nd in the league, and we hadn't beat in the league. In fact after 2-2 away they destroyed us 5-1 at Rosset Park. So to say I was a little concerned that my promotion would come down to a game against Histon was an understatement!LOL

Playoff Final

In a very tight game that saw Histon take an earlt two goal lead and both my strikers, Higgins and baxter, go off injured I was relived to pull a goal back through another loanee Steven Conner. After pushing on at the start of the 2nd half we were rewarded with a goal in the 68th min from our left winger Sean Talyforth. As I was planning for extra time Histon went 3-2 up with only 6 mins to go, so I went all out attack and in the 94th min Steve Conner pulled it back to 3-3!
    With no goals in extra time my promotion had come down to pens...........Which I won 3-1! So Promotion in my first season.

roberto922

Ooh this was tempting: Everton consider me

Amateur

Ooh this was tempting: Everton consider me
    Will you move......ofcourse not

Can i ask what do you do with your own wages? i have never known

Third Team

Nothing. Wages are mainly there so that the board are less likely to sack you (due to having to pay more compensation).

Amateur

nothing. Wages are mainly there so that the board are less likely to sack you (due to having to pay more compensation).
    blastfemy

roberto922

It's blasphemy

Reserves

How's your AFC Wimbledon squad doing roberto?

roberto922

I'm doing my end of season update now, let's just say in the words of Jim Carrey; It's good, it's good, it's gooood. (Disclaimer. this may only amuse you if you've watched Bruce Almighty ;))

Third Team

Nothing. Wages are mainly there so that the board are less likely to sack you (due to having to pay more compensation).
    blastfemy
    It's blasphemy
    I'm confused by this.

a) How is it blasphemy, or was that just an expression of annoyance?
    b) Why did you change the N in the post of mine you quoted to lowercase?
    c) roberto922, now look who's sniping ;)

roberto922

I was just correcting him

roberto922

I've just been getting through to the awards bit and I'm in the running for the Arsenal job, It's a shame that they're wasting their time

Reserves

sigh. Another loss to Barnet. 84th minute own goal:mad: Tyrone Cameron scores a own goal from midfield:mad:

roberto922

AFC Wimbledon Season update - Season 6 (2013/2014)

To Begin....

Jozef Sedlak has been fantastic in the U-18s this season scoring 53 goals in 55 starts, it looks like he will be a fantastic player for us in a couple of years time. THe big signing of the season though has to be myself signing on for another 4 years, I have recieved a new wage of £2,200 p/w and I am expected to have us safe in the Championship in four years time so the targets are pretty easy.

League One Prediction - 15th
    League One Position - 1st
    F.A Cup - 4thd Round (Knocked Out)
    League Cup - 3rd Round (Knocked out)
    JP Trophy - Quarter Final (Knocked Out)

League One - Graph - Table

League One : Fantastic season, it'll be great to be in the Championship and should help stop the daily rumour mill that goes on about my players.

F.A Cup : We were solid until we met Arsenal which is pretty fair I think, we got a lucky draw in the first round against BSP side Billericay, despite this my lads weren't at their best and only drew 1-1 away before eventually winning 3-0 in the replay at Kingsmeadow. In the second round we drew fellow League One side Greys Athletic and proceeded to win 3-2. We have drawn our feeder club Weymouth in the 3rd Round and it was a game I expected us to win and we won 1-0. We then met our parent club Arsenal in the 4th round and proceeded to lose 4-1, it did bring alot of money in though as we made £1.6 million profit in that month.

League Cup : Could have been worse (Nep ) going out in the third round wasn't bad but I had been hoping to get a bit further. In the First Round we destroyed League One Side Rushden 6-0 with Adriano getting his first Hattrick. In the Second Round our luck of the draw ended as we drew Championship side Nottingham Forest, luckily though we played well and progressed after a late goal. In the third round we were given an even tougher draw that eventually ended ou run, we travelled to the Riverside hoping to get something out of the game agianst 8th placed Premiership side Middlesbrough and we nearly did, We led 1-0 until the 87th minute when Bruce Djite hit a double to send us crashing out the cup.

Johnstones Paint trophy : We failed to live up to the successes of the past two seasons in which we reached the final twice and won once. We beat League One side Barnet in the 2nd round before being beaten by another League One side Crystal Palace in the Quarter Final.

Other Info

Finances
    Squad
    Team Info

Manager Info
    Manager Overview

Awards

Manager of the year - Me

League One Select XI - Emre Sahin, Robert Smith and Nabil El Zhar

Players of the Season so far

Adriano - I was shocked and excited when he agreed to sign and so far he's certainly lived up to the excitement, his goals have been vital in our promotion push which is good as he has a £0 non - promotion clause. Hopefully he can stay at this level for another couple of years, by which time I'll hopefully be high enough to sign someone as good/better than him

John Simpson - He's finally got a permanent strike partner which should certainly help him with consistency and goalscoring. He had a slow start but he started banging them in whilst Adriano was in one of his regular Droughts and has continued since.

Nabil El Zhar - Once again he's been brilliant, he's scoring goals, getting assists and he's got the highest average rating in our team so he's certainly been a big players for us this year.

Robert Smith - I've said all I could possibly say about this lad, he really is too good for this league when you look at his attributes but thankfully he's not ambitious, IMO he'll probably still be with us when we're fighting for the Premiership title a few years down the line.

Season Summary

A brilliant season so . We held on to 1st place which was fantastic, I'm going to have to strengthen the side quite a bit over the summer but I'm confident that we will stay up.
    Manager history

Season 1 - Blue Square South - 1st place - Promoted
    Season 2 - Blue Square Premier - 3rd Place - Promoted
    Season 3 - League Two - 17th place
    Season 4 - League Two - 2nd Place - Promoted
    Season 5 - League One - 9th Place
    Season 6 - League One - 1st Place - Promoted
    Last edited by roberto922; 28-08-2008 at 01:40.

roberto922

And to round it off Pedro want's to sign!

roberto922

So tempting... Still hope he stays though

Reserves

roberto, squad and team info redirect to one link, along with manager info and overview

and congratz that Pedro is interested in joining your team

Reserves

So tempting... Still hope he stays though
    Hope Samuelson doesn't do that to me

roberto922

He's got an unhealthy love for me, He rejected them again because he enjoys playing for Robert Jones

roberto922

I'll sort them out in a second

EDIT: Should be fixed now.
    Last edited by roberto922; 28-08-2008 at 01:41.

Reserves

I'm currently in a surprising (and very lucky) 13th, only 4 points behind 7th place Bury, due to my suddenly good away form

roberto922

He's in! Finally after 238 league games for us Pedro has decided that we're the club for him

Amateur

I suffered my heaviest loss of 3-0 this season, things look bright i have had a few good streaks going on now, after being tipped for relegation by the critics, i can confirm, that those critics have been sacked

Reserves

Links work now roberto

Congratz on getting Pedro. I might now be thinking of signing Obika in the future

roberto922

Thanks, we're also solving our weakness at full back by bringing in Patrick Boyle from Everton and Woodward from Crewe

Reserves

Now only 3 points behind 7th place Yeovil

Only 4 points separate 7th place Yeovil and 14th place Accrington.

Amateur

OH help me god, i thought 3-0 was bad, this match isnt even half time yet

Harrogate 4-0 Tiverton

At half time
    Last edited by xFeaReDxSHaDoWx; 28-08-2008 at 01:54.

roberto922

The score?

roberto922

More good news The board are expanding the stadium over 6 months and the Youth facilities over 5 months. Good times

Bad point: We've signed a new sponsorship deal... £80k per annum!

Amateur

The score?
    edited post

I wasnt 4-0 it was 3-1. but still, i finally lost the game 7-4 :Very Heavy Loss
    Last edited by xFeaReDxSHaDoWx; 28-08-2008 at 02:00.

Reserves

now 4 points out of 7th. Another stupid own goal cost us points:mad:

roberto922

You have no luck do you Rancer if you were in GQ you'd have had at least 10 people saying 'it's your tactics' lol

Amateur

Oh no! Im playing the Si Sponsored team I bet they have fixed them

Reserves

lol 2 own goals in the last 5 games.

• Tyrone Cameron passes back to the goalkeeper but ends up in our own net (winning goal):mad:
    • Paul Black heads the ball into his own net (winning goal):mad:.
    Not fun, scoring two own and winning goals.

Reserves

But both were away games, so nothing to worry, considering we were supposed to lose those games

Amateur

I knew SI SPONSORED TEAM WOULD BE FIXED Damn 90th minute winning goal :@

But Tiverton Come back!!!

Then AFC Wibo Score

roberto922

You're calling at least 50 peoples hard work on this forum a fix?

Amateur

You're calling at least 50 peoples hard work on this forum a fix?
    Where did you find that lame evidence

Reserves

It's not fixed My opponents always score 90th minute goals

Amateur

Reserves

maybe I should have gotten Rae season 1...

roberto922

You can ask Dafuge how many people have signed up with AFC Wimbledon, hundreds have signed up and AFC Wimbledon are one of the popular ones, go figure.

Amateur

NO, NO, NO! I hate you Samuelson FFS
    Hehe, I can understand the frustration with him, although he's not as bad as michaeltmurrayuk's board so you can't be too upset.

If it helps, or more likely scares you to death, he sold a young left back of mine for £700k. Two years later, he's signed for Chelsea for over £11m and goes on to play 40+ caps for England.

Once you get stable in the Premiership, you'll find he's not too bad, especially with anyone who's a first teamer.

Semi Pro

I've just noticed that I didn't get a single comment on my Mid season update
    Well welcome in the club. No one commented on my biig season end update

Amateur

lol 2 own goals in the last 5 games.

• Tyrone Cameron passes back to the goalkeeper but ends up in our own net (winning goal):mad:
    • Paul Black heads the ball into his own net (winning goal):mad:.
    Not fun, scoring two own and winning goals.

sounds very like what us Northern ireland fans went through against Latvia and Iceland last year lol

Amateur

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooo My game is corrupted What do i do

I got it too work somehow, and having a mail before saying i was under performing, even though i was expected to get relegated, me sitting in 13th i got this message

Now this confused me
    Last edited by xFeaReDxSHaDoWx; 28-08-2008 at 13:29.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3 53 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 LastLast