+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fed up with Football Manager's Dramatic Irony

Amateur

Default Fed up with Football Manager's Dramatic Irony

Is anyone else fed up with every time you're asked which area you feel is strongest in your team, they play utter crap in the next match. If I say Attackers then we can't score despite having 20 shots on target or if I say defence we are 2-0 after 6 minutes. Arrgh!

Amateur

Default Re: Fed up with Football Manager's Dramatic Irony

I just never go to Press Conferences. Bore the hell out me.

Banned

Its your tactics

Sorry, someone had to!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by morti31 View Post
    I just never go to Press Conferences. Bore the hell out me.
    yeah same here.

Part-Timer

Its your tactics

Sorry, someone had to!

I am not amused

Amateur

Hadn't noticed it; anyway I've started just saying my entire team is up to the challenge. If they press me for an answer, I storm out (I even did it in my first ever press conference for Chelsea because someone repeated a question).

Amateur

You should have a look at 'Communication & Psychological Warfare 10'

Amateur

The press conference feature was so tedious and repetitive that I've not gone to one since FM09

First Team
    Wishing Brendan Rodgers had been this good in 2010

Dramatic irony is when, in a fictional situation, a crucial fact is revealed to the audience or reader before a character it affects knows about it.

I've never had that problem. If anything, they usually play better afterwards!

I love Press Conferences, btw.

Reserves
    Granada, Spain @GranadaCdeF_en & @HeathISF Editor: InsideSpanishFootball.com

Depends entirely on the individual personalities of your players how they respond.

If I've got a squad of like-minded individuals (which I always strive for), then I've often very little fear of the question you're referring to. If it is a concern how players will react, then I'll opt for the "safe" neutral option, which is that I'm comfortable they're all equally strong areas.

As a tip though, to avoid a journalist repeating the question to press for a definitive answer from you, I usually type a comment in the box below. For most neutral answers, an additional comment is a great help. In essence, you're skirting the question, but still giving an actual response.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by heathxxx View Post
    Depends entirely on the individual personalities of your players how they respond.

If I've got a squad of like-minded individuals (which I always strive for), then I've often very little fear of the question you're referring to. If it is a concern how players will react, then I'll opt for the "safe" neutral option, which is that I'm comfortable they're all equally strong areas.

As a tip though, to avoid a journalist repeating the question to press for a definitive answer from you, I usually type a comment in the box below. For most neutral answers, an additional comment is a great help. In essence, you're skirting the question, but still giving an actual response.
    interesting to hear that box actually has some use.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by heathxxx View Post

Hm, when the 'So what's your tactical approach to this game going to be?' question pops up, despite answering the 'neutral' option and saying "Sorry, there's no chance of me handing out my tactics before the game" they still seem to ask at least 3 times.

And to the OP, best thing to do is always play it safe.

Reserves
    Granada, Spain @GranadaCdeF_en & @HeathISF Editor: InsideSpanishFootball.com

Quote Originally Posted by SeanNUFC View Post
    interesting to hear that box actually has some use.
    It certainly does. Call it "role-play" if you will...

You can say what you want in that box. Everyone knows about the "foul mouthed tirade" response when you add a few choice words, but you can actually have some fun with your comments, as well as using them as a deflection tool against "repeat the question" by the media.

Youth Team

i just let my assistant take hem and say the wrong things all the time,

+ Reply to Thread