Would you manage you rivals?

I would never manage the big rivals but i hope the minor local rivals do well.

For example im a Sheff U fan and started with them i then left for an unsucessful spell with the ivory Coast. Now im managing local team Doncaster Rovers. Id never manage Wednesday or Leeds though

As an avid Chesterfield fan, and a follower of Sheffield Wednesday, I could never manage teams like Mansfield, Notts Forest, Leeds, Sheff Utd! Not even for "fun"!

I always love winding up their managers icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by renz:

never want to manage, Northwich Victoria, Hednesford or Tamworth </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You gotta love the Northwich!

I'm a Liverpool fan and managed Arsenal for the first 4 years and then moved to Spurs who are close rivals to Arsenal - so it was sort of a chain of rivals - I brought Fabregas and Cristiano Ronaldo from Arsenal to Spurs for a combined total of about £94m

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Also Man utd would never have me at the helm, would never buy their players and i choose not to sell them anyone either!!!!

Might book them a holiaday to Munich in the snow though </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was tasteful.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike7077:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Also Man utd would never have me at the helm, would never buy their players and i choose not to sell them anyone either!!!!

That was tasteful. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really, just funny to the right people; remember humour is relativeicon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by little rat:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike7077:

That was tasteful. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really, just funny to the right people; remember humour is relativeicon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what people would find that funny? the nazi's? charles manson?

and what is so wrong with managing your teams rivals in a a video game? i'm a milan fan and have brought played and won with both inter and juve, it is after all a game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">and what is so wrong with managing your teams rivals in a a video game? i'm a milan fan and have brought played and won with both inter and juve, it is after all a game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some people would tell you it was sacrilege and that you can't be a real fan of your team if you do it. Of course, sensible, rational beings like you and I know there's nothing wrong with it at all. I just choose not to manage my rivals because who they are stops them from appealing to me. But I wouldn't criticise anyone who did.

As for his joke, just let the cretin enjoy it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by little rat:

That was tasteful.

Not really, just funny to the right people; remember humour is relativeicon_wink.gif

There are certain things you don't joke about and for me this is one of them. I don't particularly like Liverpool but I'd never joke about Heysel or Hillsborough.

Archived