How To Increase Quality of Youth System

I am playing as man utd currently and obviously have excellent scouts. At the start of each season is there a way to improve the quality of the new youth players you get as mine are always average but i never really seem to get any top quality players coming through.

this means i have to buy them from elsewhere.

is there a way to improve what you get?

any help or advice would be appreciated

Board requests -> Improve youth facilities.

My board are working on it, which means the season I am in should be my last one with USELESS regens. (Seriously, the best of them has a potential of 1.5 stars...)

The quality of your Newgens is random based on the quality of your Youth Academy and Youth Facilities.

The only way to get better Newgens if your facilities are at maximum (I believe Man Unts are) is to save before the Newgen day and reload until you get a good batch. I tried this once to see if I could get a son, and I can confirm that the Newgen quality varies in every batch. The majority whre in the 100-130 PA range, but I saw as low as 50 and as high as 180 over ten reloads.

In my current game (where I have not done this) I have had 4 players in 7 seasons come through my Newcastle Youth system who have ended up being good enough for my first team over time, although two of them had to be retrained as they lacked the attributes for the position they were generated in. I also almost let one of them go after my coaches told me he would not make it, I kept him with the aim of selling him for a fee when he got a bit older, only for them to tell me 6 months later that he was a wonderkid. That coach is no longer in my employment. I am talking about super-stars here, not squad players who I have had several of.

The quality of your Newgens is random based on the quality of your Youth Academy and Youth Facilities.

The only way to get better Newgens if your facilities are at maximum (I believe Man Unts are) is to save before the Newgen day and reload until you get a good batch. I tried this once to see if I could get a son, and I can confirm that the Newgen quality varies in every batch. The majority whre in the 100-130 PA range, but I saw as low as 50 and as high as 180 over ten reloads.

In my current game (where I have not done this) I have had 4 players come through my Newcastle Youth system who have ended up being good enough for my first team over time, although two of them had to be retrained as they lacked the attributes for the position they were generated in. I also almost let one of them go after my coaches told me he would not make it, I kept him with the aim of selling him for a fee when he got a bit older, only for them to tell me 6 months later that he was a wonderkid. That coach is no longer in my employment.

How do you know a player's potential ability? I thought you can't see that in the game?

You have to use a scout utility such as FRMTE or Genie.

I know FRMTE works with version 10.3, but I am fairly sure Genie scout does not.

I DO NOT recommend using them in a long term save as it will ruin your enjoyment of the game, in my opinion.

I have only used FRMTE to change players names and add in new rivals in this save, but it is possible to see all the hidden player stats if you wish to.

Well the way I see is it that even if the newgens don't look that great to start with they can surely be improved on.

You could improve the coaching team you have to a well rounded group of coaches.

You can send promising players out on loan as they mature (there is an age limit I believe) to improve their stats with competitive games.

You can use the experience of your first team pros to tutor and improve youth teamers.

I hope you're not expecting to go to your youth team pages and see a dearth of late teen stats on each player. Physical stats will certainly come later. Can you give us an example of what you believe is good and bad?

You have to use a scout utility such as FRMTE or Genie.

I know FRMTE works with version 10.3, but I am fairly sure Genie scout does not.

I DO NOT recommend using them in a long term save as it will ruin your enjoyment of the game, in my opinion.

I have only used FRMTE to change players names and add in new rivals in this save, but it is possible to see all the hidden player stats if you wish to.

Ah right, I've seen a few people mention FRMTE on here, had no idea what it was.

I think I can cope without it, looks a lot like really bad cheating to me (not saying you're cheating).

I'm surely my flatmate will love it...

Ah right, I've seen a few people mention FRMTE on here, had no idea what it was.

I think I can cope without it, looks a lot like really bad cheating to me (not saying you're cheating).

I'm surely my flatmate will love it...

It is cheating to look at hidden attributes, I agree completely.

I only use FMRTE once, to remove Likes To Round Keeper skill off my striker. I thought it was utterly useless skill after 13th seasons and not ever seeing it once use. But besides that, I wont use it.

Instead of merely reloading and hoping for good newgens on your youth, if you have strong scouting network, try this method. At the start of the new season when you just got your newgens, click on the transfer centre and set the filter to age max 16. Sort the attributes base on either defensive or attacking abilities. Of course, not all players attributes would appear. I got lots of quality newgens through this, and I recheck every 3 months (though I would increase age limit to say, 20). Got my best player ever through this method, and he cost me merely 1.5mill euros. His stat was so good most comment I got was that I edited his stats :( . I just got lucky, and good filtering technique would surely increase your luck.

Archived