Drunk

lol I don't remember how well i do when im drunk! all i remember is staying up playing it till like 6 and i guess i didnt save it haha!

Well it seems like a good idea when a little bit drunk, but i've never managed to actually play... usually when I'm back home after goin out all I can manage to do is pass out... occasionally in bed (and that's when I actually come back to my own place)

Echo my thoughts... When I started this thread I wondered if anyone was mad enough! I once played for around 5 hours after a night out. I came round and had lost about 5 games on the bounce! For me alchohol and the sacred game don't mix. The problem is that when I'm out on a Friday/Saturday night I generally let my mind wonder back to FM. I then arrive home half-cut to get my fix and make ridiculous decisions!

I remember playing an earlier FM while drunk, but I forget how it went. All I do remember is that it felt really horrible. I actually think that it helped to contribute to the raging hangover I had the next day.

My favorite response from a thread like this one, maybe a year or so ago, was the guy who posted that he'd gotten himself toasted one night and played some FM, and when he woke up the next morning, he'd changed all his player's nicknames to "Shirley".

Played a bunch of times drunk but I usually do just about as well as I do when I'm sober. I have several set tactics, training is great, morale usually high so it doesn't really matter if I'm drunk for a few game weeks, i need to pay attention in January and during the summer though, wouldn't play these parts drunk.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nick...:

Drunk results for me so far tonight are 1-3, 3-2, 3-0, 7-3.

I think I'll go to bed... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go to bed after a 7-3? No way I could ever quit FM after such a great performance.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vig2001:

on the FM forums I see Mister Meitheisman... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ha. Haven't posted on GD for a while actually, just wanted to check it out tonight.

You need to change your location btw.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Amaroq:

7-3?!?

I'm drunk now. Maybe I should fire it up! icon_wink.gif

ps, nice to see you around Meitheisman. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey icon_biggrin.gif

Third team member now, I see you have a lot of time in your hands icon_wink.gif

I actually spend quite some time on the forums but I'm usually on OTF or on Kipfizh's thread in the Challenge forum. You know what AI Experiment I'm talking about, right?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Meitheisman:

I actually spend quite some time on the forums but I'm usually on OTF or on Kipfizh's thread in the Challenge forum. You know what AI Experiment I'm talking about, right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Absolutely! icon_biggrin.gif I was following it with interest early on; I lost the plot a bit when it got moved to the Challenges thread and haven't checked in in a while.

I do post pretty much daily in my FM Stories thread, though.

played drunk last night when i got home at 2 o'clock. Had three players sent off and the opposition 2. I thought it was a dream this morning when i woke up, checked the pc then though to find out it was real. crazy! won 4:3 by the way! :-P

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Amaroq:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Meitheisman:

I actually spend quite some time on the forums but I'm usually on OTF or on Kipfizh's thread in the Challenge forum. You know what AI Experiment I'm talking about, right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Absolutely! icon_biggrin.gif I was following it with interest early on; I lost the plot a bit when it got moved to the Challenges thread and haven't checked in in a while.

I do post pretty much daily in my FM Stories thread, though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm very lazy, sorry. Link please? icon_cool.gif

I'll go give it a look.

I once got plastered on a night out in Nottingham. Bumped into the great Jason Lee, who wasn't wearing a pineapple on his head. I can't remember much of the drunken conversation but remember thinking what a great guy he was and how much i loved him as a player. I woke up telling all my friends, (and thinking how he was actually a **** player), loaded FM. And there he was, Club Captain, Derby Countys Record Signing. I still to this day have no recolection of this signing and the relationship with the board and fans were never the same.

He went to Mansfield the following season for 9k

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

Never played when drunk, never will. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it doesn't make a blind bit of difference to me, i always get the same results icon_biggrin.gif

I had a few the other night and had a wizz on FM, actually I got gradually drunk while playing FM.

Chester City managed to sign 32 Eastern Europeans, but did win the Johnson's Paint Trophy.

So on the field a bit of booze set us apart but during the close season it did lead to a bit of bravado in the transfer market, I counted 13 strikers in the end.

I had to spend a large portion of yesterday trying to flog the unwanted plays and ended up making a tidy profile which I promptly blew on a Brazilian - magic!

I played drunk a few weeks ago and i woke up to find yakubu, arteta, cahill in the reserves and i had signed and promoted from the youth team the funniest looking regens ive ever seen, i must have been looking for them for over 3 hours. Lost 6 games in a row, on a plus my reserves won 4 in a row.

Feeling suitably drunk and being on my longest ever losing run (5 games) with Everton I decided that a new tactic was in order. It may surprise you but I had some very good results playing 4-2-4.

I know there's nothing particularly new about the 4-2-4, but this had a twist, there was one AM, a DM and arrows on my full-backs to join the strikers.

This served me so well that I continued with the seemingly suicidal tactics the next morning, and Atouba finished with 13 goals that season from DL.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jamo-spurs:

Got relegated with Swansea all the way down to the Blue Sqaure Premeir but didn't sell no players , when I woke up I had a long cry and started screaming. But then It was New years Eve and I won the premeirship with Derby but didn't save my game icon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Swansea back where they belong I see. icon14.gif

Ah, the good ol FM with drunk/flying high, nothing like it!!

Try not to do it much as I have the tendancy to think that I am a footballing god and can win with any line up i choose.

Worst case was deciding that I didn't need my First XI to beat Barca in the CL quarters with Wigan. Put out my kids and a reserves and go soundly beaten 6-1 at the Nou Camp. Lucky for me I passed out soon after and after coming too played the second leg, won 5-nil at home!

Of course, the game was played after the obligatory Maccas trip for greasy breakfast!

I'll go give it a look. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oy, you'll be too lazy to read it all then, its long. icon_wink.gif

<LI>Sharpening a Rusty Blade - Book I

<LI>Sharpening a Rusty Blade - Book II

icon_biggrin.gif

Dratted Patriots. icon_frown.gif

(I live in San Diego)

I'm drunk now. Maybe I should fire it up! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So, I did, and posted the following results:

1-0

3-0

3-0

2-0

1-0

It works!

icon_biggrin.gif

its as if the game knows youre drunk... even if i play the same tactics, against smaller teams, no matter how unlikely it is that we will lose, i always lose when im drunk...

once when i was man utd, playing very sensible tactics (i think), we lost 6-0 to arsenal. its mad

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gypsum:

The last time I played FM drunk I signed Frank Sinclair for Real Madrid and only called up players over 35 to the England squad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you ask me, it's a travesty that Frank Sinclair never got the chance to strut his stuff at the Bernabeu.

I played mortal drunk on Saturday after coming in from watching the match. Found out on Sunday I'd beaten Ipswich (championship) and Bolton of the Premier League in the 4th and 5th round of the FA Cup respectivley. Unbeaten with a load of draws in the League.

Cant remember a thing about it but well chuffed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nick...:

Drunk results for me so far tonight are 1-3, 3-2, 3-0, 7-3.

I think I'll go to bed... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Drink seems to turn you into Kevin Keegan icon_biggrin.gif

I'll go give it a look. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oy, you'll be too lazy to read it all then, its long. icon_wink.gif

<LI>Sharpening a Rusty Blade - Book I

<LI>Sharpening a Rusty Blade - Book II

icon_biggrin.gif

Dratted Patriots. icon_frown.gif

(I live in San Diego) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, I'll go give it a look next week (a friend of mine's vesiting from France this week)

Sorry for your loss, although it was a really impressive performance by your Defense, forcing 3 INT from Brady is pretty awesome, if LT was 100% I reckon you'd have a decent chance.

I can't see the Giants winning the SB the game should be great based on the Pats-Giants game in the regular season.

I'm an Eagles fan so living in NYC and having the Giants in the SB is probably harder than losing to one of the best teams ever in the AFC Championship Game icon_wink.gif

Archived