What frustrates you the most on FM2010 ?

When my idiot goalkeeper has a ball infront of him in the box, but instead of claiming it, he let's a 34y/o paceless striker waddle over to it and slip it hom while he just stands there like the gormless sod he is.

Moral of the story, goalkeepers must have excellent decision making, don't just look at his handling or refelxes!!!

Either:

And thats his first goal for the club! (he doesnt play for you, by the way)

How did he manage to miss that! (he does, though)

[AI Team] will take this!

Press Conferences

or the current favourite

the number of AI strikers goal droughts being ended against me.

When my idiot goalkeeper has a ball infront of him in the box, but instead of claiming it, he let's a 34y/o paceless striker waddle over to it and slip it hom while he just stands there like the gormless sod he is.

Moral of the story, goalkeepers must have excellent decision making, don't just look at his handling or refelxes!!!

Thats got nothing to do with attributes, its just a lack of animations with the 3d making it look odd.

Can someone tell me what does "monthly payments" exactly mean?

The whole sum is still subtracted from your tranfer total, like you are paying upfront. So why not pay upfront in the first place? :)

I never buy players with monthly payments, so what don't I get with the whole system?

The whole sum is still subtracted from your tranfer total, like you are paying upfront. So why not pay upfront in the first place? :)

I never buy players with monthly payments, so what don't I get with the whole system?

Since yet another 'structured deals payment' thread is better than yet another 'what frustrates you' thread, I choose to answer this question.

If you buy someone over 48 months for example, the first 12 months (the first year, if you will) will be taken from your transfer budget. Months 13-24 will be taken from next year's budget and so on.

They're slightly risky, those 48 month payment plans.

The total of monthly payments within the next year is deducted from your transfer budget. So if you pay £10m over 12 months, it's all deducted at once (and is therefore pointless). However if you pay over 48 months, you'll only have £2.5m deducted.

What frustrates me about FM is people starting numerous rather pointless threads, which all share the common demoninator of pointing out that the OP has just gone undefeated in tier 7 so he must be a god like manager.

I've not gone undefeated on 10.2 in tier 7, i just keep trying to, and reloading the season back in again from match 1 when i fail, so it's hardly god like, i just like being a perfectionist, at least in the 1st league season of any CM/FM

Reputation playing far too big a part in the match engine calculations. Almost renders the game pointless, as far as I'm concerned.

I've just started an experimental Ipswich game. A few games into season one and I draw Everton away in the league cup. In the real world when fixtures like this come up you, very frequently get the low profile team giving the high profile team a very good game but with the high profile team coming out as winners. Fine. Perfectly reasonable. Impossible, though, in FM. Play the game 20 times (mostly letting the AI decide by holidaying) and you will get 19 high profile team wins where they "coasted" past you and other such sneering comments. Never do you give them something that resembles a game of football where you end up losing. On the occasion that you do; that an FM miracle occurs and the aglgoriths aren't so heavily weighted in the Premier league's team's favour that you actually play well - you win! You simply CANNOT play well and lose, as is frequently the case in real life. You can play well and lose against other Championship sides, but Premier league teams? Forget it. This is why getting a Championship side promoted in season one prior to bumping up your club reputation guarantees season two will be such a miserable and frustrating experience: high profile teams apparantly endowed with magical qualites.

In FM7 I took a Millwall team over many seasons to be one of Europes higher profile clubs: champions leagues winners on a few occasions; a dominant team in England. I resigned after submitting a squad of youth teamers with a maximum of 80 CA for the upcoming champions league campaign and went on holdiday. They cleaned up their champions league group, beating Lazio 4-1 away in the process. A group of youths of no higher than 80 CA could beat Lazio away at a canter simply because of the reputation of the teams and the effects that evidently has on the match engine. It just shows how pointless that endless pretentious whittering on the T&TF is, and all the fanboy "it's your tactics" stuff.

Where there is a sufficiently high difference in club/player reputation, you cannot get a fair crack of the whip. Tactics are nigh-on pointless.

Reputation playing far too big a part in the match engine calculations. Almost renders the game pointless, as far as I'm concerned.

I've just started an experimental Ipswich game. A few games into season one and I draw Everton away in the league cup. In the real world when fixtures like this come up you, very frequently get the low profile team giving the high profile team a very good game but with the high profile team coming out as winners. Fine. Perfectly reasonable. Impossible, though, in FM. Play the game 20 times (mostly letting the AI decide by holidaying) and you will get 19 high profile team wins where they "coasted" past you and other such sneering comments. Never do you give them something that resembles a game of football where you end up losing. On the occasion that you do; that an FM miracle occurs and the aglgoriths aren't so heavily weighted in the Premier league's team's favour that you actually play well - you win! You simply CANNOT play well and lose, as is frequently the case in real life. You can play well and lose against other Championship sides, but Premier league teams? Forget it. This is why getting a Championship side promoted in season one prior to bumping up your club reputation guarantees season two will be such a miserable and frustrating experience: high profile teams apparantly endowed with magical qualites.

In FM7 I took a Millwall team over many seasons to be one of Europes higher profile clubs: champions leagues winners on a few occasions; a dominant team in England. I resigned after submitting a squad of youth teamers with a maximum of 80 CA for the upcoming champions league campaign and went on holdiday. They cleaned up their champions league group, beating Lazio 4-1 away in the process. A group of youths of no higher than 80 CA could beat Lazio away at a canter simply because of the reputation of the teams and the effects that evidently has on the match engine. It just shows how pointless that endless pretentious whittering on the T&TF is, and all the fanboy "it's your tactics" stuff.

Where there is a sufficiently high difference in club/player reputation, you cannot get a fair crack of the whip. Tactics are nigh-on pointless.

If this is correct then it's clearly something which really needs sorting out very badly. Can someone from SI comment please?

A post of absolute nonsense.

Its clearly your tactics. ;)

Was it his tactics made Millwall win the CL group with a load of youth players then, when he was actually on holiday at the time? I'd be fascinated to know how that happened.

Was it his tactics made Millwall win the CL group with a load of youth players then, when he was actually on holiday at the time? I'd be fascinated to know how that happened.

I have no idea. I foolishly left my ;) off the end, so people would realise there was some humour in that comment.

The gist of his post is nonsense though. Anyone can beat anyone on their day. Tactics clearly play a part in this and to dismiss them out of hand is foolish.

I have no idea. I foolishly left my ;) off the end, so people would realise there was some humour in that comment.

The gist of his post is nonsense though. Anyone can beat anyone on their day. Tactics clearly play a part in this and to dismiss them out of hand is foolish.

Ah fine, no prob.

If he's right it's a tad worrying though.....:eek:

The fact that, after several iterations of the game, you still have a delay after altering tactics during which you cannot alter the tactics again, regardless of what happens in the game.

We have all been there: must win/draw game. Winding down with a one goal lead/tied score. Last ten minutes, pull a striker and put on an extra defender or defensive midfielder with your final substitution. Click confirm tactics. Watch, in horror, as the opposition scores a goal. Desperately try to do anything to cancel the sub that is about to happen, to no avail.

Same thing happens with knocks, goals scored for you, etc..

WHY HAS THIS NOT BEEN FIXED?!?! IT SERVES NO PURPOSE AT ALL.

Now.. the same thing happens for pre-match. Change tactics, hit confirm, realize you cannot go back to do the team talk that has not been done yet or change another part of the tactic you suddenly realized you forgot.

What idiot coded this into the game?

What frustrates me about FM is people starting numerous rather pointless threads, which all share the common demoninator of pointing out that the OP has just gone undefeated in tier 7 so he must be a god like manager.

This :thup:

And delays in implementing tactical switches, and players on goal droughts :)

Confidence in general still is one of the things that do not work properly.

But the cake takes the all time favorite. I am a new manager in Ajax, in my first year. Ajax haven't won the league for the last 6 years, but after a tough year they're there on the top. Everyone is happy. Well, not everyone, because the board always expected to win the title and I should prepare myself for the future.

In every country in the world, in real football, winning the championship is an amazing thing. Even for teams that do it many times in a row.

FM sucks the joy out of winning it :(. Is it so difficult to write a proper text that congratulates you, do a major press conference, you know, stuff like that?

edit: Also, the shortlist of the player's French GKs was just announced and Hugo Loris was not a canditate, despite being the 3rd best GK in the league based based on avg numbers. Two other keepers are nominated that have a lower average. It just doesn't make sense.

Even if it did there is no explanation as to why keepers with lower avg were selected in the best of the year shortlist.

FM is filled with such incosistencies that constantly break the immersion. :(

Edit2: The preffered move mechanism needs major overhaul. It is illogical to suggest to your 20 year old CM with great passing that he should try killer balls only to be rejected. At the same of course me Belgian DC can't wait to learn how to round the keeper...

Archived