manager wage

Can you see Brian Laws doing that? Avram Grant maybe, but unless your club is in imminent danger of administration it's totally unrealistic and a ridiculous suggestion.

Not entirely ridiculous.

I actually decided to take a significant pay cut at my current job because I loved the conditions and people. It wasn't forced on me, I told my superior I'd be willing. In fact a group of us got together and decided we would. We were struggling at the time because we were a newly formed company and our first project hit a number of unforeseen snags.

I eventually got bumped back up, in fact got a raise, but that's only after we were finally in the clear.

Point is it differs from person to person so it should be included in the game.

I decided against asking for higher wage in my 2nd season with newcastle cause of the debt, wouldn't want to ask for lower though, i think the higher your wage the less chance you have of being sacked? I might be wrong, dunno if the game works that way....

but unless your club is in imminent danger of administration it's totally unrealistic and a ridiculous suggestion.
We were struggling at the time because we were a newly formed company and our first project hit a number of unforeseen snags.

I eventually got bumped back up, in fact got a raise, but that's only after we were finally in the clear.

Seems to me your company was in imminent danger then. I don't think anyone would ask for less money if their club/company is financially stable.

See, neither did you.

personally i think you should be able to lower your manager wage for instance if you were manager of the clb you love, in my case burnley, i'd want to manage them for less so then more can be spent on players etc

Your loyalty is second to none, but what happens when your team flop and your to blame, oh yes you get the sack.

Screw them buddy for as much money as you can because at the end of the day there is no such loyalty in football these days.

Archived