Pros and Cons of 10.3

Injuries, I think the number of short term injuries has increases, you know the knocks where they are out for 3-10 days, but I am fairly certain that is linked to the change in condition, they made it more difficult to play the same team week in week out as their condition does not recover as fast.

In my current games, February, I have two long term injuries which are a broken toe and a torn hamstring. And two short term injuries which are a guy out with a cold and a guy with a banged head from the last match. That is the most injuries I have had all season at 4.

So to summaries the pros and cons so far:

Pro

1 v 1s are much improved
improved... general gameplay.
improved... ridiculous long shots

Cons

corner bug is back with avengence for a start
Defenders getting bad ratings
crossing is still useless
From my experience I'm definitely getting more injuries than previously.

Injuries is a pro in my opinion, it's now very realistic in terms of the number and time out for. The best it's ever been.

Not noticed crossing as an issue, I score plenty of goals from crosses.

Injuries is a pro in my opinion, it's now very realistic in terms of the number and time out for. The best it's ever been.

Are you squad players able to manage 2 games in 7 days without 'breaking down'?

I.e. do players suffer a short term injury or suffer a drastic reduction in condition requiring a rest period if played more than twice a week?

Yes, I agree with "DP", injuries are not a CON, they are a pro, the number is much more realistic.

I also have no problem with crosses, I score plenty from them.

Also the corner bug is not a bug, it is an exploit. To benefit from it you need to deliberately set up the tactic, I have my corners set to mixed and I have yet to score a goal from the new corner bug. The AI has only scored once against me in a way that looked similar to the corner bug (I am 25 matches into a season). So if you do not exploit it it will have no effect on your game.

Can you score goals from free kicks on 10.3? On 10.2 I scored only 2 in 3 seasons and I have players with decent free kick atributes.

Yes I've scored 4 this season. The comp has also scored a couple.

I.e. do players suffer a short term injury or suffer a drastic reduction in condition requiring a rest period if played more than twice a week?

At the start of the season I was finding it almost impossible to string a run of 4 matches together in a 10-11 day period as the condition of the team dropped. I then realised my training was set to heavy for every single player. After I adjusted that to 2 "notches" below heavy and I can now near enough play the same players in every match, only having to rotate them out once a month, some of the really fit ones never need rotating out, in fact my central midfielder has played every game of the season, bar one which was through suspension from too many yellows.

(watch him get injured now I have said that).

For corner exploit, look in the bugs forum where there is a thread about it, I strongly advise not using it as it ruins the game play, it is that much of an exploit that it is possible to regulary put 4 goals past teams every match.

More than twice a week is definitely not a good idea on 10.3. My players get tired after multiple 2-game-weeks in a row.

So as long as your training levels are appropriate you can get realistic match participation levels from your squad?

Say you have a team who competes twice a week regularly, for example. What would the required training levels be to maintain consistent participation from your first team?

So as long as your training levels are appropriate you can get realistic match participation levels from your squad?

Say you have a team who competes twice a week regularly, for example. What would the required training levels be to maintain consistent participation from your first team?

Mine are just default and I've been able to play my starting 11 with no problem - and this is challenging for 3 trophies. Yes, they dip to 87/88 sometimes and I rotate but if I HAD to play my first team I feel I can as they are in the mid to high eighties.

It feels 100% spot on, either way.

Archived