A small redo of the starting reputation options

Is there any chance there could be some additions to the options so you can state what level you actually managed to reach as a player. At the moment there is the options for Professional and Sunday League but i believe professional could cover anything from premiership all the way down to conference now a days.

I know the Automatic option sets you close to the level of the club you chose to manage however if you dont chose to manage a club at championship level you cant set your reputation as a championship level player.

I think it would only take a few more options such as

Premiership standard plyer

Championship standard player

L1 standard player

l2 standard player

I dont think its much to ask for to be fair and i cant see it taking long to code due to the feature of different reps already existing.

Hmmmmmmm. But you're only listing English divisions there, my friend! Surely then you'd need to list every division in the world.

I think "Tiers" should be more what you're aiming at.

ie. Championship would be "2nd Tier"

I think the current system is fine as is and think breaking it down further would elad to even more grumbles from people saying they can't get a league 1 job despite being a former league 1 player.

As I see it reputation affecting ability to obtain jobs is covered i.e. if you want to be considered right away pick International, but if you want to build it up pick semi-pro.

I don't see whay breaking it down further would make much of a difference.

Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

Too many parameters if you ask me. I don't think it needs to be so specific.

Break it down into the same reputation system as for clubs and players in the database:

local, regional, national, continental and worldwide

Just an idea.

Originally posted by DaveRH:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

Too many parameters if you ask me. I don't think it needs to be so specific.

Break it down into the same reputation system as for clubs and players in the database:

local, regional, national, continental and worldwide

Just an idea. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't that the same as now, under a different name? Or maybe that's the point you're trying to make anyway icon_smile.gif I dunno.

I've mentioned something like this in the Wishlist thread

Along the lines of the levels you can set yourself when you start a game (Unknown, Ex-international, etc) Why can we not have those tweaked to a little more realistic

For example

* Sunday League Manager

* Newly-qualified

* Jobbing Coach

* Recent Ex-pro

* UEFA 'A' Licence holder.

Instead of what we have currently.

Archived