Improving transfers

So here I have a top class player, who is worth £35 million, and Real Madrid come in with a bid of £40 million. I negotiate, and say I want £65 million. Real Madrid withdraw the bid :confused:

So I see Benzema, worth £25 million, I offer £50 million for him, Real Madrid negotiate, and they want £152 million for him!

How is this possible.

I noticed that other clubs never want to pay over the top prices for your players, and yet, when you approach their players, they want you to pay over the top prices for them, sometimes as much as 700% more than the player is worth.

Can this be improved somehow, so its a little more realistic?

If a club wants 700% more for their player, then I want 700% more for my players.

Thing is, I understand they want to scare me off with an asking price of £152 million, but when my player is worth £35 million and I ask for £65 million, which is an acceptable price for this player, they run off scared!

I think this area has improved a bit in the last 2 versions of the game. I find clubs will now enter into negotiations when your trying to buy a player off them, whereas in previous versions if you bid lower then their asking price they would come back with a higher valuation as opposed to meeting you half way so to speak.

Maybe where this can still improve further is improving the AI when they are bidding for one of your players. In the OP example, instead of withdrawing their bid entirely, they could come back with a bid of 45 or 50 million as we would do to try meet in the middle.

Archived