Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How come everone seems to be having success with mr hough's tactics, on my 10.3 game i have tried it with man utd, sheff wed, and even copied his hull game and every time i lose game with scores like 3-0, 4-1, even 6-0! and the final straw was with man utd i lost to blackburn 7-1! is it just my game what crooked!

What a tactic!! Well done Mr Hough. It must have taken you ages to get that working so well.

I am using the latest tactic and have bought players with the stats suggested. I did try OI on my first game but lost

3-2 so never used OI after that all season. As you can see from the screenshots below I had a very good season. You

would expect Newcastle to get promotion but to do it with a 36 point gap to second and score 129 goals is brilliant! I also

beat Man United away 2-1 in the cup in my first full season in charge. I will now try in the prem and see how we go so

will let you know! Screenshots below!!

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/1040/cocacolachampionshipu.jpg

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/9595/fixturesu.jpg

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/9124/manutdvnewcastle.jpg

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/7394/statsdc.jpg

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/1391/7joeybarton.jpg

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/4434/11peterlvenkrands.jpg

I've tried the latest tactic for about 10 games, really good, defensively especially. But my central striker is not scoring 2-3 per match anymore(been using the ultimo domination version for 20 seasons), goals now come from midfield/three forwards. :D

Well it is really good tactic, I mean I went on holiday most of the time. And STILL managed to finish 2nd in the Serie A with Spezia. First season I was 5th in the Serie A. I seem to get a lot of draws though. And cards in Italy are just crazy, 139 cards for Roma in 1 season. 1 thing I realize is that the tactic seems weak against 3-4-3, is this my imagination?

Would appreciate if someone had some tips on that. Genoa, Juventus and Cagliari which use that formation in Serie A all beat me by handy amount of goals.

just a quick question if any1 can help me

for the 3 strikers, which foot is preferred for each one, eg, should the left striker be left or right footed, what about the central one, and the right one

also the same with the 2 CM's, should the right CM be left or right footed, same with the left CM

thanks for the help

I felt like a new challenge as most of the time I play as Ipswich so I decided to try with Burton Albion as the media prediction for them was 24th in League Two. Well I'm unbeaten in all of my friendlies with the best result being a 4-2 win against Derby. And Mr Hough the filters you have done in th OP are excellent. It made my search for the right kind of players so much easier the only thing I altered was what you suggested is that I knocked all the attributes down to 10 as I'm in League Two. So thank you :)

just a quick question if any1 can help me

for the 3 strikers, which foot is preferred for each one, eg, should the left striker be left or right footed, what about the central one, and the right one

also the same with the 2 CM's, should the right CM be left or right footed, same with the left CM

thanks for the help

I'm not sure about the CM's but you should have the left-footed striker in the left spot and the right-footed striker in the right spot so that they can shoot across the keeper :)

ive notice though with left on the right they score alot of near post goals, anyone actually know for a fact which is better with this tactic? also in terms of how it allows them to pass/dribble too, and with the CM's too,t ahnks

Is it true that you have made a Wizard version of this new tactic Mr Hough? If so where can i get it?

Yes it's true i have made a Wizard version with JP Woody who is the Mod from FM-Base.

Here are some screens from my game testing.

HuddersfieldVsColchester-1.jpg

huddersfieldvsnottscounty-1.jpg

I think the most impressive thing about these games is the possession and the Opponants Team rating.

mr hough sorry to bother you but since you are the expert of this tactic as you made it could you help me with my question

for the 2 CM's, should the left CM have a left or right footed player, same with the right CM, and same question for the 2 wide strikers, should the right striker be right or left footed.

sorry to be a bother, thanks for help

This new version is not doing well for my team. I am in my second season with Man city, still have a few players adapting but i can see the tactic is not working as it should do. I was having much more succes with your original classic tactic. I think the OI's are unnecessary and may do more wrong then right imo. I will play some matches without OI's now to see whats happening. I hope it gets better.

mr hough sorry to bother you but since you are the expert of this tactic as you made it could you help me with my question

for the 2 CM's, should the left CM have a left or right footed player, same with the right CM, and same question for the 2 wide strikers, should the right striker be right or left footed.

sorry to be a bother, thanks for help

it dosen't matter for the midfield but for the attack it helps yes.

This new version is not doing well for my team. I am in my second season with Man city, still have a few players adapting but i can see the tactic is not working as it should do. I was having much more succes with your original classic tactic. I think the OI's are unnecessary and may do more wrong then right imo. I will play some matches without OI's now to see whats happening. I hope it gets better.

If the new one don't work then just go back to the original one.

which is the best way for the attack? should the left striker be left or right footed

to rephrase: i know the advantages and disadvantages of both, but what do you feel is the best way to do it, with the left footed one on the left he can cross it in alot easier + hit the far post/across the face of the keeper, but ive noticed with FM that alot of times goals go in easier when shot at the near post/inside of keeper, which means a right footed one on the left would be able to bang them in at near post and play through balls when receiving the ball outside the box/hit a long range shot better

I think having left footed players in the left slot is better and right footed players in the right slot is better.

That's my preference.

I also think mr hough that when you change focus from 'through the middle' to mixed or 'down both flanks' it seems to open things right up. Because there are three strikers it streches the opposition. Have you tried this?

How come everone seems to be having success with mr hough's tactics, on my 10.3 game i have tried it with man utd, sheff wed, and even copied his hull game and every time i lose game with scores like 3-0, 4-1, even 6-0! and the final straw was with man utd i lost to blackburn 7-1! is it just my game what crooked!

having same problem with man utd mate,any one given you any advice yet,good feedback seems to get replys,people like us who struggle seem to get nonw and no help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

having same problem with man utd mate,any one given you any advice yet,good feedback seems to get replys,people like us who struggle seem to get nonw and no help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What help do you want?

Your import a tactic and then play the game... if you've done that you've done the same as everyone else.

Give me some examples of whats wrong that way i can help i need more info that results.

The new classic tactic is brilliant. I conceed far less goals than before. And i've done the treble in my second season in the prem. The key to this tactic is having the right players with the right atts, the team must be gelled and most importantly have patience because it pays off in the end.

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/7240/bradfordcity2.png

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9373/bradfordcity.png

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/3474/englishpremierdivisionsu.png

EvertonManUtd.jpg

6 CCC vs one of the most solid defences in the league is nothing short of brilliant. 2 of the great tactic creators joining forces and this happens. Incredible stuff :thup:

It's going ok out of 11 games i've won 10 drawn 1 and conceded 1.

The one goal i conceded was against man utd in the 93rd minute where my players where tired i should of made subs.

It won't be long now either tonight or tomorrow.

just started season again with new versio,results going good but getting a lot of injuries

Injuries happen mate, Try and get loan signings in to cover positions if your a mid table lower team, If your playing as a top team then buy squad players no point spending 14million on a player who could be injured for months.