Buonanotte Query

I know about Diego's tragic real life accident, which we thank god he luckily survived.

But in game, he has the [una] status sign next to his name, now I presuming this is due to his accident, meaning he cannot play.. until the same amount of time he can in real life. But when I click on this red Una sign, it doesn't bring up any information about why is he unavailable and for how long?

It normally says under his selection details, in the Availability section if they are unavailable for some reason. For example, Ruben De la Red.. who is unable to play football till 2010 due to medical reasons. But Diego's has nothing in that section, but has the Una status sign.

Now am I missing something here?

This isn't a complaint of any kind, I am just wondering as to why it doesn't say anything. I don't want to go buying him, only for it to say he cannot play till 2011 or something.

Thanks for any feedback you may have.

He's unavailable to play until 30.6.2010 due to medical reasons

Where does this say in-game :(

This is exactly what I am looking for.. How come it says it in yours and not mine?

I knew he would be unavailable for a season.

Car that he was driving crashed. His 3 friends in the car all died. Diego was the only wearing a seatbelt.

He came off the road and hit a tree.

We are glad to hear Diego was wearing a seatbelt, but still.. heart goes out to his friends.

See, this is him on the first day of the game. He has an [una] tag, but on his profile.. nothing? Possibly cause I haven't got Argentina leagues loaded? (Normally do).

diego.png

yeah him... i remember bout him. lost his leg... i actually remember laughing abit at the portsmouth statement sayin they hoped he made a full recovery... i was like.. well a full recovery aint gonna happen but maybe a 50% recovery... it was funny at the time.

That's a strange one mate

Is there any chance you could sign him without saving the game, just to see what happens?

I would... but I am Portsmouth :rolleyes: Couldn't buy a Sunday Paper let alone a friggin' International star :p!

Do you have Argentinian leagues loaded by any chance?

I would... but I am Portsmouth :rolleyes: Couldn't buy a Sunday Paper let alone a friggin' International star :p!

Do you have Argentinian leagues loaded by any chance?

Haha :D

I just checked and I don't have Argentina loaded, but I thought I did, that's why I didn't mention that before. I have no idea why it won't show for you :confused:

(Also, I'm glad you started this thread because it made me search Buonanotte, and realise I could sign him for Hibs!! And nice skin)

I am glad I noticed the little [una] sign though, otherwise I would of signed him (well, attempted to) and been screwed.. used all my transfer funds for nothing! Well, hopefully a member of SI would stumble into this thread and be able to shed some light, otherwise I will be off to the bugs forum.

Ha, no worries.. He will tear up the SPL no problem :thup: You could put him at CB and I am sure he will skin everyone and score in that league!

Also, I cannot play FM without a flush skin, perfect logos and cut-out facepacks ;) I am bit of a perfectionist.

I am glad I noticed the little [una] sign though, otherwise I would of signed him (well, attempted to) and been screwed.. used all my transfer funds for nothing! Well, hopefully a member of SI would stumble into this thread and be able to shed some light, otherwise I will be off to the bugs forum.

Ha, no worries.. He will tear up the SPL no problem :thup: You could put him at CB and I am sure he will skin everyone and score in that league!

Also, I cannot play FM without a flush skin, perfect logos and cut-out facepacks ;) I am bit of a perfectionist.

He's joining us at the end of the season, quite shocked to be honest. But that's not the point - the point is it's really weird that it didn't come up on your game when it did on mine.

Oh well I hope we find out why soon :confused:

See, this is him on the first day of the game. He has an [una] tag, but on his profile.. nothing? Possibly cause I haven't got Argentina leagues loaded? (Normally do).

I brought him to the Premiership and didn't notice the [una] sign until he was in my team. But he is playing fine and the sign has disappeared.

I brought him to the Premiership and didn't notice the [una] sign until he was in my team. But he is playing fine and the sign has disappeared.

would have thought he would have failed his medical............and you couldnt sign him :confused:

would have thought he would have failed his medical............and you couldnt sign him :confused:

Well, there wasn't anything about his (un)availability in his profile.. And as said the icon disappeared before the first match of the season.

diego.png

sorry bit off topic but i like this skin, could someone point me in the direction of it??

Dario Silva has spent the past two years attending rehabilitation and physiotherapy, learning how to best use his prosthetic leg, the results of which have been remarkable with Silva joining a local semi-professional team Les Bastilles, plundering a whopping 40 goals in 31 games. Da Silva regularly takes part in local marathons and sponsored runs with able bodied people and reports no ill effects.

Da Silva has stated that having a 2 year break from the game has allowed him to become mentally tougher, he also believes his body is in fantastic condition and his strength and power have increased since his accident in 2006.

With Buonanotte it's weird, because you can sign him at the start and he can play till mid December, which is when the crash happened. But why is it in the game? Because of example all injuries that happened after the start of the season are not.

I signed him and he can play for my Fenerbahce team. I haven't selected the Argentinian league, maybe that's the reason.

How far along in your game are you? Because as I said he can play at the start of the game, he becomes unavailable in December.

Isn't he suppose to be going to court for speeding or something though? I'm sure I read somewhere that hes having charges brought against him because he didn't make sure the other 3 had seatbelts on, which is his responsibility, and for speeding which caused him to lose control and crash the car.

• 2 weeks later...

let put it in a simpler term.

If I bought aaron ramsey into my current tottenham squad in my recent save game,

would he still break his leg playing against stoke?

the answer is no.

similarly, in this case,

as I bought diego into my tottenham team on august 2009,

WTF IS HE DOING DRIVING IN AN ARGENTINIAN HIGHWAY IN THE BOXING DAY? he was never absent from training in my save game, so it is impossible for him to be in argentina, let alone to have the accident.

If he doesn't have the accident, then he shouldn't be injured. simple as that.

^Yah, that is the reason I took away Wasilewski's injury in my Anderlecht game.

In my game, he should be training with the National Squad rather than be at Anderlecht that day. (And he should've been too in real life, he just refused to go saying he wanted to play for his club instead)

let put it in a simpler term.

If I bought aaron ramsey into my current tottenham squad in my recent save game,

would he still break his leg playing against stoke?

the answer is no.

similarly, in this case,

as I bought diego into my tottenham team on august 2009,

WTF IS HE DOING DRIVING IN AN ARGENTINIAN HIGHWAY IN THE BOXING DAY? he was never absent from training in my save game, so it is impossible for him to be in argentina, let alone to have the accident.

If he doesn't have the accident, then he shouldn't be injured. simple as that.

And what about all the people who start the game on patch 10.3 and want realism?

You can't please everybody.

The reason he is unavailable and not injured is that if he was injured that particular injury would have to be hard-coded into the game and would have a chance of affecting other players. We all want realism but that would be going a step too far - hope he recovers as he was tipped to be in the WC squad and blossom - such a shame

Thats the first id heard of the car crash. Out of interest what happened to De la Red?

Lost conciousness in a match at the start of season 09, had a heart condition detected, probably gonna retire after not playing a single match due to medical reasons since then

Archived