Question on the game

Now we are all waking up for work wondered if any one knew, I doubt it can be a licensing issue, as its in game stats, you can see the full league, cup and europe matches played on the players profile but only the league is shown on the history

Now we are all waking up for work wondered if any one knew, I doubt it can be a licensing issue, as its in game stats, you can see the full league, cup and europe matches played on the players profile but only the league is shown on the history

you are right

Why do player career historys only show league games and not all competitve matches.

Ive noticed this on pretty much every version of Cm/fm just wondered why?

Seemingly just showing league games is "Standard" within the football world from what I've heard although many users seem to want the at least the option of showing both league & total number of games.

In all honesty I think it probably has more to do with the fact that SI would have to amend every player history on the database to account for cup games. Otherwise you'd have league games only for seasons before the 1st 'in-game' season and then both after you've started playing meaning the totals will be skewed. May also have an impact on how records etc are coded.

In all honesty I think it probably has more to do with the fact that SI would have to amend every player history on the database to account for cup games. Otherwise you'd have league games only for seasons before the 1st 'in-game' season and then both after you've started playing meaning the totals will be skewed. May also have an impact on how records etc are coded.

Probably a European thing that we are caught up in, I dont think irl we just go on about league stats when looking at scoring etc

In earlier FMs it actually did show all games in the players history from when the game started. I assume this was changed because the records in the database for previous seasons are league only so as has already been mentioned in this thread it led to skewed looking histories.

Personally i actually think its better that it just shows league history because if I'm just quickly looking at a players stats I don't really care if he scored 5 goals in the first round of the cup or in the qualifying stages of the Champions League and I don't want these distorting results against weaker sides distorting the impression I get of the player.

It also is probably the standard method used for recoding footballers stats. Its also done this way on wikipedia etc

Archived