Patch Convertor

Perhaps a better way would be to be able to choose the version before you set your game up. Once your game is setup though it can't be changed. Ultimately that would be the more workable scenario rather than switching during your save.

Although I'm with Hershie, I can't figure out why you would want to do this.

I can see what you mean now..................I would like to see more options available in the preference section too once you have started the game:thup:

would like to be able to add/remove playable nations;)

add further edited files...so you can add injuries/transfers/sackings etc etc

You obviously don't understand my point. Its my fault I know but its hard to explain.

Example:

So I start a patch in 10.2 and reach 2014. A new patch is realeased, and I want to change my game from 10.2 to 10.3 but have all my players and leagues.

All this patch convertor would do is allow you to change your game from 10.2 to 10.3 while in a game just removing bugs but changing nothing in players and leagues.

What exactly are you trying to suggest?

You get to 2014 on patch 10.2 and you apply 10.3. You continue your game with the bugs fixed, the ME improved etc etc (ie. all non-database changes). Database/player changes only come into effect when you start a new save.

:/

I give up.

do you mean have all your existing save files running on 10.3 so that any bugs are fixed and you are using the latest match engine just without changes to the database, e.g. player transfers, CA/PA changes, e.t.c?

Because thats exactly what the patch does it will fix any bugs but to utilise the databse changes you have to start a new game.

do you mean have all your existing save files running on 10.3 so that any bugs are fixed and you are using the latest match engine just without changes to the database, e.g. player transfers, CA/PA changes, e.t.c?

Because thats exactly what the patch does it will fix any bugs but to utilise the databse changes you have to start a new game.

The first paragraph is what im trying to say.

The only ( or one of a few) thing, that can have a major tactical impact, that does not change when continuing a 10.2 save on 10.3 is the AI managers tactical preferences. Some of the managers preferences in the 10.2 db makes them totally incompetent when implementing their approach into the tactic creator and this, they will carry on doing as long as you don't start a new save.

The first paragraph is what im trying to say.

and the second paragraph explains it already happends :D

Been funny reading you trying to explain something that already happends, no offence!

• Administrators

Yeah but it's physically impossible to change the data in a save game you've already started - (Unless you use an unofficial editor) - so is the user saying he wants to have this option?

how hes from Crawley?

theres nothing to translate

I heard most of Crawley is half German, quarter Mongolian and quarter Egyptian there.

Can usaually cause a lot of problems :D

I think, he thinks that if he upgrades to 10.3, his club would say lose players that have moved in the January window if he had already had them? I really dont know, that is my best interpretation..

I heard most of Crawley is half German, quarter Mongolian and quarter Egyptian there.

Can usaually cause a lot of problems :D

I think, he thinks that if he upgrades to 10.3, his club would say lose players that have moved in the January window if he had already had them? I really dont know, that is my best interpretation..

Wrong... 1% English 50% Indians and 49% Polish

Archived