Opposition instructions ask assistant - tackling hard

This wasn't even a bug in 10.1. It depends on how good your ass man is. Nothing wrong with this feature.

It was and still is.

Every player in the opposition is assigned tackling hard (minus the goalkeeper).

Weather you are playing in a friendly, or a friendly against your reserves, or playing a rival team.

tackling hard has riskies. your players can be shown yellow or red cards. so it must be used when other player has high dribbling attribute.

but you are right about ass man. they always say same things. for example if you ask him about first team talk , he will choose "%99 " for the fans..

It was a reported issue about the hard tackling on the OI screen.

They were supposed to fix that for 10.2 which i believe they did. At least it seemed like it did on my game at least :D

Not sure how it is now after the 10.3 patch yet.

It was and still is.

Every player in the opposition is assigned tackling hard (minus the goalkeeper).

Weather you are playing in a friendly, or a friendly against your reserves, or playing a rival team.

Speak for yourself. My assman sometimes assigns one, often none. As said, it depends on the attributes of the assman. This will include hidden ones.

My old AssMan used to like tackling wingers hard, as well as (strangely) the occasional CB.

My current AssMan just shows a few people onto weaker fofoot and sometimes wants the CMs closed down. Their tactical preferences vary - clearly your assitant thinks you should set team tackling to hard.

If you don't like his advice, get a new assistant.

It's his assistant, must be Stuart Pearce.

Mine ocassionlly recommends' hard tackling as do my backroom staff, but not always and rarely more than 2 opposition players.

K..:)

It was and still is.

No it wasn't and will never be.

As suggested by others, it depends on your ass man's tactical preference. Change him or use your own sense for setting 'opposition instructions'. End off.

Why do the Assistant Managers opposition instruction's for all the oppositions outfield players always go to Tackling: Hard.

This bug was reported in 10.1, and 10.2 and now you have still not fixed it?:eek:

Its not a bug, its your assman. If you're not down with his approach, sack him and get a new one.

Bug? My ass!

It seems to be your assman's hidden Sportsmanship stat, according to some experimentation with FMRTE.

I'd say it seems too polarised, if it's high then virtually everyone will be set to hard tackling, if it's low then virtually no one without much of a middle-ground. To be honest, I haven't researched extensively enough to be certain but this is my initial impression. (EDIT: L'pool vs Burnley, with Sportmanship at 9/20, 5 Burnley players get hard tackling set. At 11/20, all 10 outfield players get it set. Not much middle-ground.)

There's no way to know their aggression unless you know the actual person. I'm not surprised Sammy Lee is aggressive but 99.999% of non-playing staff in the database? I don't know. If I sack my assman, how do I know who to sign who'll give more suitable advice? You should be able to say "Hey, Sammy, I'm not going hard on everyone because Mascherano picks up enough yellow cards as it is. Just pick the key opponents FFS!", but using FMRTE is the only way to achieve that.

Archived