10.3 Transfer still broken unfortunately

Just loaded up first game and Tony Hibbert is wanted by Sevilla and Leon Osman is being monitored by AC Milan. Only FM10 has introduced these weird transfers, was fine in 09.

By the way, it took me 5 minutes to notice this so how it was missed I'm not sure.

Unless anyone thinks it's acceptable for these players to be wanted by said clubs...

Why, why, why has this not been picked up in months of testing?

This didn't happen in FM09 so how can it be acceptable in FM10?

Seriously, I'm not usually one to moan and have been a supporter of SI for many years but this is unfathomable.

One of the biggest issues of 10.2 and no change made.

Crazy.

Likewise, whoever would have thought Tyrone Mears would have moved to Marseille.

Transfers won't be perfect in 10.3, but then again they arguably aren't in real life either. Hopefully though you should notice greater transfer realism is in the latest update.

Any specific incidents of absurd transfers are always welcome in the relevant bug forum.

Cheers.

Why, why, why has this not been picked up in months of testing?

Seriously, I'm not usually one to moan and have been a supporter of SI for many years but this is unfathomable.

One of the biggest issues of 10.2 and no change made.

Crazy.

It was picked up on trust me but to get the code right is extremely hard especially for a patch transfers are alot better then they were but yes theres still some dodgey ones i addmit hopefully improve for fm11 :thup:

I think the code in 10.3 is a good improvement with transfers. Yeah its not perfect, but it takes a lot longer than a couple of months of testing to get it to perfection. I am confident FM11 will see a further improvement.

Favalli is hardly useless...

Like Stu said, transfers will never be 'perfect' and it is impossible to get the balance correct. Just because you have noticed it doesn't mean it wasnt noticed in testing

Gudge, I just don't understand why we didn't get it in previous versions?

I know there is the odd strange one in real life but it's comon place in FM10.

Because the coding for fm09 and fm10 is new dp so with that come new problems etc and as im sure you could appreciate to get the transfer system 100% spot on is a real challenge :)

Just loaded up first game and Tony Hibbert is wanted by Sevilla and Leon Osman is being monitored by AC Milan. Only FM10 has introduced these weird transfers, was fine in 09.

By the way, it took me 5 minutes to notice this so how it was missed I'm not sure.

Unless anyone thinks it's acceptable for these players to be wanted by said clubs...

I lol'ed. FM09 transfer system sucked. :D

I saw plenty of clubs buying average players and the best part was when these clubs bought decent players (Huntelaar and such) and didnt use them. They even ended up selling these players for £0.

One slight change in the transfer system can have significant knock on effects to the rest of the system. It's not like we have intentionally coded in these transfers.

The shortlisting module is one of the most complex modules in the game and will never be perfect and there will always be oddities unfortunately

I don't mind little things like that. I'm Everton and A.C. and Real Madrid want Louis Saha doesn't bother me really I mean Faubert went to Madrid last year on loan no one seen that happening really did they?

Arsenal tried to sign Saha in the last transfer window. :)

Sol Campbell went from League Two to Arsenal, a team that he walked out on at half time a number of years ago.

So, in one season the guy has played in League Two and the Champions League. Truth is stranger than fiction sometimes.

We know transfers aren't perfect but we hope you find 10.3 an improvement over 10.2 in the long run.

Sol Campbell went from League Two to Arsenal, a team that he walked out on at half time a number of years ago.

So, in one season the guy has played in League Two and the Champions League. Truth is stranger than fiction sometimes.

We know transfers aren't perfect but we hope you find 10.3 an improvement over 10.2 in the long run.

thats only because hes a money grabbing judas lol, he walked out on us even tho he sed that he wouldnt leave spurs for arsenal as hes a spurs fan. another wierd transfer is woodgate to madrid lol.

I'm wondering isn't there a possibility to implement into the transfer system - some sort of preference model. The clubs will abide (generally) to this model depending on region/country and you will get very realistic transfers.

For example: Spanish clubs will generally look for argentinian, brazillian, portuguese players - that share similar culture and language similarities. They will also look to exploit the very nifty 700 days until getting nationality thing.

Balkan clubs will look around their region for players and so on and so on. All it would take is to make some research on countries/cultures and languages and we will end up with a very realistic model.

Now that doesn't mean the will NEVER or very rarely ask for other players but they will prefer to keep to the model EXCEPT when the player in question is very good. Then they can still go for him.

In addition to these prerequisites for the model they can also look at - adaptability, fav. clubs etc.

At least I think that would be pretty realistic.

Vermundr - this is already in the game

Well yeah as you think of it it's the first thing to come to mind :D Maybe it needs a bit more tweaking then or should I say it in FM terms a more "rigid" approach :D

But I absolutely am for keeping silly transfers in the game - after all what fun would it to play a game where the AI knows and finds out which are the best players and best potential stars all the time and sign them even before you can blink.

Do they actually scout potential transfer targets or are lead by other factors?

Didn't seem to be as many issues in 10.1 and my game crashed within half an hour of installing the new patch..........what have you been doing for the last 3 months SI? perhaps there is a program i can download to at least make it not crash as much?

I'm all for realism, as far as realism is possible and the data and activity in the game is generally superb.

Yes, you will see some strange transfers from time to time, just as in the real world of football. How often have you heard fans say "why the hell did the manager sign him!?!". The armchair manager is always the biggest critic. ;)

I think the transfer module overall is very good, considering with hundreds of thousands of players, that once you start a game, their attributes, values, performances, etc, are continually changing... all of which will have a bearing on things. I know this is an area of the game that SI always strive to improve, but it's also one of the most difficult.

Also, regardless of "realism", once you start a game don't forget, you're actually entering the realms of "fantasy football". As a manager, you're going to try and make incredible signings. I've just got Granada CF (who? you ask...) promoted and signed "fat" Ronaldo and Rivaldo, formerly two of the finest players in the world. I've played big clubs and signed unheard of players, that have either gone on to be a success, or failed spectacularly!

When Man Utd signed Jordi Cruyff and Karel Poborsky, everyone knew who they were. The same year, they signed the "unheard of" Ronny Johnsen and Ole Gunna Solskjaer... which two of those four proved to be successful?

All told though, from the AI, I believe I see as many "realistic" looking transfers, as I do "unusual" ones, so on the whole, I don't worry about it too much.

One thing that bothers me currently is that there is a HUGE difference when you Offer to clubs but do not transfer list the player. And when you offer an already transfer listed one.

Say for example Aguero. I offer him for twice the value he is (80mil.) noone interested.

I transfer list him. And offer again and the offers come.

Of course that means I have to officialy list him which upsets 3/4 of my team and himself.

Vermundr aguero probably isn't interested in joining the teams when he is not transfer listed so they don't make a bid, but when you transfer list him then he is interested in joining so they do, i have no problem with this, why you would want to sell him though amazes me

I know its not exactly transfers, but can you please sort out german teenagers wanting 30k+ a week at age 15/16 please, all the other youngsters in the game want a good wage but still well under 10k a week then you get to a German and he wants 30k a week and first team football at age 15!

Gosh you people are really fanboys. Its one thing for weird transfers to happen. But its just completely whack when some player on the wrong side of 30 who plays for some scrub Scottish 2nd division team to get offers for tens of millions of dollars from 20 top flight clubs. Completely whack. I hope its been toned down in the new patch.

Thing is FM09 transfer market was fine, FM10 is way off. FM10 is a downgrade from the FM09 transfer market.

The criticism is this:

A) Scrub player on the wrong side of 30 from a 2nd division scottish club gets 20 offers from top flight clubs, with the offers being tens of millions. btw the player is a striker and doesn't score at all and is injury prone.

and this is what most of you think is being side

B) Salgado to Blackburn on a free or something of the sort.

Two COMPLETELY different things.

Also, regardless of "realism", once you start a game don't forget, you're actually entering the realms of "fantasy football". As a manager, you're going to try and make incredible signings. I've just got Granada CF (who? you ask...) promoted and signed "fat" Ronaldo and Rivaldo, formerly two of the finest players in the world. I've played big clubs and signed unheard of players, that have either gone on to be a success, or failed spectacularly!

When Man Utd signed Jordi Cruyff and Karel Poborsky, everyone knew who they were. The same year, they signed the "unheard of" Ronny Johnsen and Ole Gunna Solskjaer... which two of those four proved to be successful?

All told though, from the AI, I believe I see as many "realistic" looking transfers, as I do "unusual" ones, so on the whole, I don't worry about it too much.

This is an important point. To all those complaining of top clubs buying 'unrealistic' players, there is also the flip side of you, the manager of your club, making unrealistic purchases yourself.

Here is a post from the GP & TG forum: http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4642854&postcount=102

If thats not unrealistic, then I don't know what is. (I'm not having a dig at the manager(s) in that thread, merely trying to point out that complaining about lack of realism is ignoring half the argument.)

Gosh you people are really fanboys. Its one thing for weird transfers to happen. But its just completely whack when some player on the wrong side of 30 who plays for some scrub Scottish 2nd division team to get offers for tens of millions of dollars from 20 top flight clubs. Completely whack. I hope its been toned down in the new patch.

Thing is FM09 transfer market was fine, FM10 is way off. FM10 is a downgrade from the FM09 transfer market.

The criticism is this:

A) Scrub player on the wrong side of 30 from a 2nd division scottish club gets 20 offers from top flight clubs, with the offers being tens of millions. btw the player is a striker and doesn't score at all and is injury prone.

So you are commenting on something you haven't even tested?

Another example of a bizarre transfer - Liverpool signed the awful and past his best David Speedie in the 1990s. Nobody understood it as he replaced Peter Beardsley in the team!

I guess odd transfers are just part of the game and if you couldn't have some strange ones you as a Manager wouldn't be able to buy some of the players for your Club that IRL wouldn't come to you.

I had a really odd one though. A 5 Million offer for Herita Illunga from Man Utd. Two years on and he still hadn't played a game for them!

I hate it when clubs waste 1-2 million on 36 year old players. That is my gripe about FM10. It's horrible to watch teams waste their money like that, especialy teams like Sunderland for example who really need that money to buy younger better players.

The criticism is this:

No need to call people fanboys you troll. :thdn:

What was being said was not quite your examples.

Meestercat in the post below yours has just summed up the situation in a nutshell. Good point, good post meester :thup:

the only transfers that annoyed me where when the scottish clubs kept nicking all the lower league players in england on the pre-contracts, is quite annoying when playing in the lower leagues and you have no money and any decent player with there contact expiring is snapped up by a scottish side (namely Hamilton) before I get a chance to offer a contact and this doesnt happen irl

i'm hoping the chances of this happening has been reduced in the new patch, also the amount of english players flocking to scotland when there contacts runs out also seemed to high

Yeah, in FM2009 playing as Real Madrid all you had to contend with was East Stirling offering you their reserve keeper every second week, oh, and every large(ish) team in the game buying keepers too poor to play 2 levels lower like they were and endangered species or contained a golden ticket to the Wonka Factory.

Transfers were FUBAR in FM2009 too, doesn't excuse nonsense in FM2010 though.

• SI Staff

What is important to note, is there will be a big difference in transfers between starting a new game and continuing an existing save game created using a previous patch. This is down to the structure of the AI shortlists being changed for patch 3. Those playing with an existing save game won't neccesarily see any improvements until all the AI shortlists have been fully updated, which could take upto 6 months game time.

One of the biggest issues we have improved for patch 3 is clubs willing to spend too much money to fill their backup/rotation slots in their squad and also were prepared to spend too much money on ageing players.

This is definitely a case of 'For best results start a new game' or just be patient whilst continuing your existing save game.

Well I guess a few random examples in real life justify a complete transfer system being out of sync.

:)

This thread contains a few random RL examples, but these are all true and known. So far no one claiming the system is broken has provided any proof of this. I'm only a month into my 10.3 save and haven't seen anything outrageous from the AI yet so can't really comment.

I should imagine that no one has really got that far in a 10.3 save yet so maybe its a bit early to conclusively decide that transfers are broken.

Well I guess a few random examples in real life justify a complete transfer system being out of sync.

:)

If you don't agree that a "few random examples" in real life can justify that the transfer system is OK, how can you agree that a "few random examples' in game could brand the transfer system as broken?

Archived