+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 10.3 Transfer still broken unfortunately

Reserves

Default 10.3 Transfer still broken unfortunately

Just loaded up first game and Tony Hibbert is wanted by Sevilla and Leon Osman is being monitored by AC Milan. Only FM10 has introduced these weird transfers, was fine in 09.

By the way, it took me 5 minutes to notice this so how it was missed I'm not sure.

Unless anyone thinks it's acceptable for these players to be wanted by said clubs...

Part-Timer

Default Re: 10.3 Transfer still broken unfortunately

I just offered Giuseppe Favalli to clubs and Chelsea, Man Utd and Real Madrid made a bid. Very strange, he is 37 years old and useless.

Reserves

Why, why, why has this not been picked up in months of testing?

This didn't happen in FM09 so how can it be acceptable in FM10?

Seriously, I'm not usually one to moan and have been a supporter of SI for many years but this is unfathomable.

One of the biggest issues of 10.2 and no change made.

Crazy.

Likewise, whoever would have thought Tyrone Mears would have moved to Marseille.

Transfers won't be perfect in 10.3, but then again they arguably aren't in real life either. Hopefully though you should notice greater transfer realism is in the latest update.

Any specific incidents of absurd transfers are always welcome in the relevant bug forum.

Cheers.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by DP View Post
    Why, why, why has this not been picked up in months of testing?

Seriously, I'm not usually one to moan and have been a supporter of SI for many years but this is unfathomable.

One of the biggest issues of 10.2 and no change made.

Crazy.
    It was picked up on trust me but to get the code right is extremely hard especially for a patch transfers are alot better then they were but yes theres still some dodgey ones i addmit hopefully improve for fm11

Ex-SI
    Every man dies, not every man really lives.

Favalli is hardly useless...
    Like Stu said, transfers will never be 'perfect' and it is impossible to get the balance correct. Just because you have noticed it doesn't mean it wasnt noticed in testing

Amateur

I think the code in 10.3 is a good improvement with transfers. Yeah its not perfect, but it takes a lot longer than a couple of months of testing to get it to perfection. I am confident FM11 will see a further improvement.

Semi Pro

Didn't SI say only "minor" changes to the transfer system would be implemented?

The ME is so much better now so hopefully transfers will be a major change in fm11.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Gudge View Post
    Favalli is hardly useless...
    Like Stu said, transfers will never be 'perfect' and it is impossible to get the balance correct. Just because you have noticed it doesn't mean it wasnt noticed in testing
    Gudge, I just don't understand why we didn't get it in previous versions?

I know there is the odd strange one in real life but it's comon place in FM10.

Amateur

How poeple can moan at such minor issues is a joke.

Third Team

Because the coding for fm09 and fm10 is new dp so with that come new problems etc and as im sure you could appreciate to get the transfer system 100% spot on is a real challenge

Amateur

I don't mind little things like that. I'm Everton and A.C. and Real Madrid want Louis Saha doesn't bother me really I mean Faubert went to Madrid last year on loan no one seen that happening really did they?

Part-Timer

Just loaded up first game and Tony Hibbert is wanted by Sevilla and Leon Osman is being monitored by AC Milan. Only FM10 has introduced these weird transfers, was fine in 09.

By the way, it took me 5 minutes to notice this so how it was missed I'm not sure.

Unless anyone thinks it's acceptable for these players to be wanted by said clubs...
    I lol'ed. FM09 transfer system sucked.

I saw plenty of clubs buying average players and the best part was when these clubs bought decent players (Huntelaar and such) and didnt use them. They even ended up selling these players for £0.

Ex-SI

One slight change in the transfer system can have significant knock on effects to the rest of the system. It's not like we have intentionally coded in these transfers.
    The shortlisting module is one of the most complex modules in the game and will never be perfect and there will always be oddities unfortunately

Part-Timer

I sold N'Gog to Chelsea for 8m on 10.2. It made me like it even more.

Amateur

I just sold Ricardo Fuller to Real Madrid for 4.5 million euros.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by SCORPIO View Post
    How poeple can moan at such minor issues is a joke.
    Your contribution is abysmal.

I'm bringing things to attention that need fixing, it doesn't mean I don't love the game.

Semi Pro

Julien Faubert went on loan to Real Madrid. These things do happen.

Semi Pro

Do we still have to pay 4 times a palyers value to buy him??!!!!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDowns22 View Post
    I don't mind little things like that. I'm Everton and A.C. and Real Madrid want Louis Saha doesn't bother me really I mean Faubert went to Madrid last year on loan no one seen that happening really did they?
    Arsenal tried to sign Saha in the last transfer window.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Sussex Hammer View Post
    Do we still have to pay 4 times a palyers value to buy him??!!!!
    Valenciennes wanted 10 millions for Rudy Mater, a 30 yo right back who is worth 2 millions ...

Part-Timer

Sol Campbell went from League Two to Arsenal, a team that he walked out on at half time a number of years ago.
    So, in one season the guy has played in League Two and the Champions League. Truth is stranger than fiction sometimes.

We know transfers aren't perfect but we hope you find 10.3 an improvement over 10.2 in the long run.

Amateur

This will always be the case, if a team does not want a player to go then they will do the same as what we would do and ask for an over the top price. why shouldn't they?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by paz View Post
    Sol Campbell went from League Two to Arsenal, a team that he walked out on at half time a number of years ago.
    So, in one season the guy has played in League Two and the Champions League. Truth is stranger than fiction sometimes.

We know transfers aren't perfect but we hope you find 10.3 an improvement over 10.2 in the long run.
    thats only because hes a money grabbing judas lol, he walked out on us even tho he sed that he wouldnt leave spurs for arsenal as hes a spurs fan. another wierd transfer is woodgate to madrid lol.

Amateur

I'm wondering isn't there a possibility to implement into the transfer system - some sort of preference model. The clubs will abide (generally) to this model depending on region/country and you will get very realistic transfers.

For example: Spanish clubs will generally look for argentinian, brazillian, portuguese players - that share similar culture and language similarities. They will also look to exploit the very nifty 700 days until getting nationality thing.

Balkan clubs will look around their region for players and so on and so on. All it would take is to make some research on countries/cultures and languages and we will end up with a very realistic model.

Now that doesn't mean the will NEVER or very rarely ask for other players but they will prefer to keep to the model EXCEPT when the player in question is very good. Then they can still go for him.

In addition to these prerequisites for the model they can also look at - adaptability, fav. clubs etc.

At least I think that would be pretty realistic.

Ex-SI

Vermundr - this is already in the game

Amateur

Vermundr - this is already in the game
    Well yeah as you think of it it's the first thing to come to mind Maybe it needs a bit more tweaking then or should I say it in FM terms a more "rigid" approach

But I absolutely am for keeping silly transfers in the game - after all what fun would it to play a game where the AI knows and finds out which are the best players and best potential stars all the time and sign them even before you can blink.

Do they actually scout potential transfer targets or are lead by other factors?

Amateur

Didn't seem to be as many issues in 10.1 and my game crashed within half an hour of installing the new patch..........what have you been doing for the last 3 months SI? perhaps there is a program i can download to at least make it not crash as much?

Reserves
    Granada, Spain @GranadaCdeF_en & @HeathISF Editor: InsideSpanishFootball.com

I'm all for realism, as far as realism is possible and the data and activity in the game is generally superb.

Yes, you will see some strange transfers from time to time, just as in the real world of football. How often have you heard fans say "why the hell did the manager sign him!?!". The armchair manager is always the biggest critic.

I think the transfer module overall is very good, considering with hundreds of thousands of players, that once you start a game, their attributes, values, performances, etc, are continually changing... all of which will have a bearing on things. I know this is an area of the game that SI always strive to improve, but it's also one of the most difficult.

Also, regardless of "realism", once you start a game don't forget, you're actually entering the realms of "fantasy football". As a manager, you're going to try and make incredible signings. I've just got Granada CF (who? you ask...) promoted and signed "fat" Ronaldo and Rivaldo, formerly two of the finest players in the world. I've played big clubs and signed unheard of players, that have either gone on to be a success, or failed spectacularly!

When Man Utd signed Jordi Cruyff and Karel Poborsky, everyone knew who they were. The same year, they signed the "unheard of" Ronny Johnsen and Ole Gunna Solskjaer... which two of those four proved to be successful?

All told though, from the AI, I believe I see as many "realistic" looking transfers, as I do "unusual" ones, so on the whole, I don't worry about it too much.
    Last edited by heathxxx; 02-03-2010 at 00:52.

Amateur

One thing that bothers me currently is that there is a HUGE difference when you Offer to clubs but do not transfer list the player. And when you offer an already transfer listed one.

Say for example Aguero. I offer him for twice the value he is (80mil.) noone interested.
    I transfer list him. And offer again and the offers come.

Of course that means I have to officialy list him which upsets 3/4 of my team and himself.

Amateur

Vermundr aguero probably isn't interested in joining the teams when he is not transfer listed so they don't make a bid, but when you transfer list him then he is interested in joining so they do, i have no problem with this, why you would want to sell him though amazes me

Amateur

I know its not exactly transfers, but can you please sort out german teenagers wanting 30k+ a week at age 15/16 please, all the other youngsters in the game want a good wage but still well under 10k a week then you get to a German and he wants 30k a week and first team football at age 15!

Semi Pro

if you are indeed unhappy with the transfer system in 10.3 then its easy, go into the data editor and fix it yourself

The transfer system in FM 10 is best in the series so far. By the way DP, did David Moyes took over Real Madrid in your game ?

Amateur

Gosh you people are really fanboys. Its one thing for weird transfers to happen. But its just completely whack when some player on the wrong side of 30 who plays for some scrub Scottish 2nd division team to get offers for tens of millions of dollars from 20 top flight clubs. Completely whack. I hope its been toned down in the new patch.

Thing is FM09 transfer market was fine, FM10 is way off. FM10 is a downgrade from the FM09 transfer market.

The criticism is this:

A) Scrub player on the wrong side of 30 from a 2nd division scottish club gets 20 offers from top flight clubs, with the offers being tens of millions. btw the player is a striker and doesn't score at all and is injury prone.

and this is what most of you think is being side

B) Salgado to Blackburn on a free or something of the sort.

Two COMPLETELY different things.

Semi Pro
    Somewhere between Yael Stone and Laura Prepon (@_meestercat)

Quote Originally Posted by heathxxx View Post
    Also, regardless of "realism", once you start a game don't forget, you're actually entering the realms of "fantasy football". As a manager, you're going to try and make incredible signings. I've just got Granada CF (who? you ask...) promoted and signed "fat" Ronaldo and Rivaldo, formerly two of the finest players in the world. I've played big clubs and signed unheard of players, that have either gone on to be a success, or failed spectacularly!

When Man Utd signed Jordi Cruyff and Karel Poborsky, everyone knew who they were. The same year, they signed the "unheard of" Ronny Johnsen and Ole Gunna Solskjaer... which two of those four proved to be successful?

All told though, from the AI, I believe I see as many "realistic" looking transfers, as I do "unusual" ones, so on the whole, I don't worry about it too much.
    This is an important point. To all those complaining of top clubs buying 'unrealistic' players, there is also the flip side of you, the manager of your club, making unrealistic purchases yourself.

Here is a post from the GP & TG forum: http://community.sigames.com/showpos...&postcount=102

If thats not unrealistic, then I don't know what is. (I'm not having a dig at the manager(s) in that thread, merely trying to point out that complaining about lack of realism is ignoring half the argument.)

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksquare View Post
    Gosh you people are really fanboys. Its one thing for weird transfers to happen. But its just completely whack when some player on the wrong side of 30 who plays for some scrub Scottish 2nd division team to get offers for tens of millions of dollars from 20 top flight clubs. Completely whack. I hope its been toned down in the new patch.
    Thing is FM09 transfer market was fine, FM10 is way off. FM10 is a downgrade from the FM09 transfer market.

The criticism is this:

A) Scrub player on the wrong side of 30 from a 2nd division scottish club gets 20 offers from top flight clubs, with the offers being tens of millions. btw the player is a striker and doesn't score at all and is injury prone.

So you are commenting on something you haven't even tested?

Another example of a bizarre transfer - Liverpool signed the awful and past his best David Speedie in the 1990s. Nobody understood it as he replaced Peter Beardsley in the team!

Semi Pro

I guess odd transfers are just part of the game and if you couldn't have some strange ones you as a Manager wouldn't be able to buy some of the players for your Club that IRL wouldn't come to you.

I had a really odd one though. A 5 Million offer for Herita Illunga from Man Utd. Two years on and he still hadn't played a game for them!

Part-Timer

I hate it when clubs waste 1-2 million on 36 year old players. That is my gripe about FM10. It's horrible to watch teams waste their money like that, especialy teams like Sunderland for example who really need that money to buy younger better players.

Third Team

The criticism is this:

No need to call people fanboys you troll.
    What was being said was not quite your examples.
    Meestercat in the post below yours has just summed up the situation in a nutshell. Good point, good post meester

I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was.

I think the only problems I have had with transfers is AI controlled Man City hoarding all the goalies

Amateur

the only transfers that annoyed me where when the scottish clubs kept nicking all the lower league players in england on the pre-contracts, is quite annoying when playing in the lower leagues and you have no money and any decent player with there contact expiring is snapped up by a scottish side (namely Hamilton) before I get a chance to offer a contact and this doesnt happen irl

i'm hoping the chances of this happening has been reduced in the new patch, also the amount of english players flocking to scotland when there contacts runs out also seemed to high

Banned

Well I guess a few random examples in real life justify a complete transfer system being out of sync.

Reserves
    You don't need pants for the victory dance

Yeah, in FM2009 playing as Real Madrid all you had to contend with was East Stirling offering you their reserve keeper every second week, oh, and every large(ish) team in the game buying keepers too poor to play 2 levels lower like they were and endangered species or contained a golden ticket to the Wonka Factory.

Transfers were FUBAR in FM2009 too, doesn't excuse nonsense in FM2010 though.

Amateur

LOL. Madrid bought Inzaghi and Favalli in my AC Milan game :S And HSV and Getafe offered Trochowski and Albin for 3.9 million..

Sports Interactive Keith Flannery's Avatar

What is important to note, is there will be a big difference in transfers between starting a new game and continuing an existing save game created using a previous patch. This is down to the structure of the AI shortlists being changed for patch 3. Those playing with an existing save game won't neccesarily see any improvements until all the AI shortlists have been fully updated, which could take upto 6 months game time.

One of the biggest issues we have improved for patch 3 is clubs willing to spend too much money to fill their backup/rotation slots in their squad and also were prepared to spend too much money on ageing players.

This is definitely a case of 'For best results start a new game' or just be patient whilst continuing your existing save game.

Youth Team

who predicted micheal owen would sign for utd when the likes of hull were after him?

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Edle View Post
    Well I guess a few random examples in real life justify a complete transfer system being out of sync.

This thread contains a few random RL examples, but these are all true and known. So far no one claiming the system is broken has provided any proof of this. I'm only a month into my 10.3 save and haven't seen anything outrageous from the AI yet so can't really comment.
    I should imagine that no one has really got that far in a 10.3 save yet so maybe its a bit early to conclusively decide that transfers are broken.

Amateur

If you don't agree that a "few random examples" in real life can justify that the transfer system is OK, how can you agree that a "few random examples' in game could brand the transfer system as broken?

Banned

Because the majority of transfers in real life are predictable to some extent.

Amateur

Because the majority of transfers in real life are predictable to some extent.
    That's what I'm saying: to a majority of FM players, a majority of the transfers in their saves are predictable to some extent.

So if a few real life examples cannot refute the transfer system as being broken, you cannot say that the transfer system is broken due to a few simulated examples in a few saves.

Statistics do work both ways, you know

Amateur

Your contribution is abysmal.

I'm bringing things to attention that need fixing, it doesn't mean I don't love the game.

That's according to you, according to others, me being one of the others, it's fine the way it is.
    Just a minor example, fire up your FM 07 and try to sell a player, you'll have better luck getting a professional contract with Arsenal (IRL).
    FM 07 because many consider it as one of the best FM games (FM, not CM).

No one says the transfers aren't weird (I hope so), because some certainly are, but whatever, stuff happens IRL too, although usually they only on loan-terms

Transfers in real life are predictable (to some extent) because of all the media coverage, it's not like you KNEW Canales would sign for Real Madrid, I sure didn't, I didn't even know the guy existed, but when Real hovers over C. Ronaldo for several years, you might get an idea of what will happen, or at least "might" happen, then it seems "predictable".

Part-timer

Seriously, why do people care what the AI does so much?!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Makollig Jezvahted View Post
    That's what I'm saying: to a majority of FM players, a majority of the transfers in their saves are predictable to some extent.

So if a few real life examples cannot refute the transfer system as being broken, you cannot say that the transfer system is broken due to a few simulated examples in a few saves.

Statistics do work both ways, you know
    They do indeed, but they usually offer more substance to one side of the dilemma. In this case, the lack of random real life transfers says to me that they shouldnt be in game. Too often do rich AI clubs buy poor players, overpirced players, players that never get a game despite being £20m worth.....

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyGabriel View Post
    When AI teams make consistently bad transfers, it makes the game too easy. Maybe some people like to play a game without too much challenge. Im playing with Athletic Bilbao because of their player restrictions to have even some kind of challenge.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by jackripper View Post
    who predicted micheal owen would sign for utd when the likes of hull were after him?
    Me

The criticism is this:

Nice to see you exaggerate and insult people. And you use the work whack. I can't take your post seriously and nobody can. Try writing one again without insulting people or making up examples which just insult the game.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyGabriel View Post
    Because it is pretty damn boring to play against the AI when it is stupid. After 5 seasons you dont have any competetion at all.

Amateur

They do indeed, but they usually offer more substance to one side of the dilemma. In this case, the lack of random real life transfers says to me that they shouldnt be in game. Too often do rich AI clubs buy poor players, overpirced players, players that never get a game despite being £20m worth.....
    Hmm, it seems you are bit biased: I see a lack of random FM transfers in this thread as well.

In all honesty; there are more real life random examples in this thread than there are FM random examples

Is the 10.3 transfer system broke? I don't know.
    But it's strange that some users are calling it broke after a couple of hours playing and giving only a handful of examples...

I think that we'll have a better view on this in a couple of weeks, don't you think?

Banned

I would agree with your final point yes

We can recommence this debate soon then

Amateur

I would agree with your final point yes

We can recommence this debate soon then
    Yes, we can!

The criticism is this:

Which Scottish Second Division player attracts offers of £10M+ in your game, please, blacksquare?

I can check his profile in the database to see why that it happening.

+ Reply to Thread