Learning new positions (bad)

Okay I'm really sick of this feature. It's supposed to be a good thing but it always comes back to bite you and I think it's flawed. Example - I have an DMC who is also an accomplished MC. I train him and play him at MC position for more than 1/2 season and he becomes a natural.

At this point the new position training should disappear and I should NOT be able to select MC from the "learn new position" click-down menu. However it is still there.

And what happens? I don't play him in 2-3 matches and he is back to Accomplished :eek: What the hell? :mad: A natural is a natural, it ought be like riding a bike - once you learn it you never forget it.

Because injury is a completely different animal?

He still doesnt play. Also I play Fabio outside of the position I trained him and leave him out of the squad a lot as I got Alvaro Pereira ahead of him.

Dunno about hidden attributes tho.

I just leave it there now.

That's what I do. It is a bit frustrating.

Surely they should reach a level of experience and ability in that position to never forget how to play there?

I *think* this did happen with one player for me though. I'm sure I remember getting a message in my inbox saying that the player in question now felt confident playing in that position and could be considered natural. Something to that effect anyway. Anyone else had this?

He "forgets" his position because some of his hidden attributes are very low.

For these players you either have to play them there all the time or leave it on the training screen.

Sorry but attributes or not if he is a natural at a given position he doesnt "forget". OP has a point, if they consider attributes to be a factor then dont make him a natural in a certain position. Flawed coding imo.

Sorry but attributes or not if he is a natural at a given position he doesnt "forget". OP has a point, if they consider attributes to be a factor then dont make him a natural in a certain position. Flawed coding imo.

It never used to say natural, it only used to go as high as accomplished.

Something altered in the last couple of versions that has allowed it to now go to natural.

My personal opinion is that if it goes to natural then they shouldn't "forget" the position, whereas accomplished runs the risk.

He "forgets" his position because some of his hidden attributes are very low.

For these players you either have to play them there all the time or leave it on the training screen.

It never used to say natural, it only used to go as high as accomplished.

Something altered in the last couple of versions that has allowed it to now go to natural.

My personal opinion is that if it goes to natural then they shouldn't "forget" the position, whereas accomplished runs the risk.

Agree. natural IS natural in whatever aspect. If you are a natural at say German then you wont suddenly forget to speak it, you may make the odd pronounciation mistake or spelling error but you wont forget it.

This is a scenario where I would feel comfortable bringing out FMRTE. Rooney started as a GK, so maybe tomorrow he will turn round to Fergie in training and go 'sorry gaffer, I forgot how to be a striker'. Jesus, even he is not (quite) that stupid.

Archived