Re-Building A Squad..

My advice would be to try to do it slowly, like jborges says. Your team will need to gel.

The best thing to do is try and do it over the course of 3 transfer windows (Summer, January, Summer), so that you have decent foundatios.

Of course you'll probably have to accept that that season may not be as succussful as previous years. But that's what happens in a transition period.

I have had lots of sucess with rebuilding sides, and my style is completely different, If I have identified a target to replace someone, I offload my player quickly and bring in the new player quickly. I have in old saves, changed nine players, taken a month to gel, then smash through!

my advice would be slowly offer to clubs all the players that you are trying to get rid off, you do it straight away, then it destroy your Morale and you will have to replace the squad quickly and will then take your team time to gel, which you might have depending on the job you have

Do in order of priority. If five players need replacing, don't automatically transfer list them make them unhappy etc etc. Because sometimes this game proves really hard to get players, or at least get them for good amounts. So sell one, replace him. Otherwise you find yourself short of players and squad depth, and have to spend stupid amounts in desperation.

Archived