installation problems GUI

Hey guys

i have spent the last few days on this and other forums tryin to work out how to sort this!!

i bought fm2008 on friday evening,

everytime i try to install the game this error comes up:

InSTALLER USER INTERFACE MODE NOT SUPPORTED

UNABLE TO LOAD AND TO PREPARE THE INSTALLER IN GUI MODE!!

so i have tried changing the resolution on my laptop to no avail, im running windows vista with plently of memort etc

please help.......

Hey guys

i have spent the last few days on this and other forums tryin to work out how to sort this!!

i bought fm2008 on friday evening,

everytime i try to install the game this error comes up:

InSTALLER USER INTERFACE MODE NOT SUPPORTED

UNABLE TO LOAD AND TO PREPARE THE INSTALLER IN GUI MODE!!

so i have tried changing the resolution on my laptop to no avail, im running windows vista with plently of memort etc

please help.......

don't know what else to tell you as those are the two causes of that error that I know of (not saying there the only ones):-

1. the bug in the installer software with recognising user names with special characters

or

2. relevant Java VM not being installed

I play on a laptop as well btw. With MS Vista.

Maybe that's got something to do with it? Coz i burrowed this game from a friend, he played it on his computer and that did work... So the problem is definately not in the cd, but in the laptop...

Anyone help, im desperate to play!!

wahey!!! go tit working

instead of doing an auto run on the disk when put into the disk drive, i opened up the contents and clicked on set up, i then installed it to the desktop, but then said installed but with errors,

but the icons were on my desktop so ran one, and wahey it worked, and i havent noticed any problems with it!!!

hope it works for you

Archived