FM 08: Hull City Fc thread (the Tigers)

TigerTime

Hull City F.C. was founded in 1904. Several earlier attempts to found a professional football club ended in failure, mostly due to the strength of Rugby League in the city. Hull F.C. and Hull Kingston Rovers were well established and already very strong Rugby League clubs by this time. They were unable to join the Football League in time for the 1904-05 season, so the first season of professional football at Hull consisted only of friendlies, 44 in all! The team's early games were played at the Rugby League ground used by Hull F.C. Hull's first season in the Football League Second Division and finished fifth in their first season. In 1930 the club had its greatest cup run, reaching the semi-finals and claiming many big scalps along the way. In the semi-final they faced Arsenal, drawing the first match, but losing 1-0 in the replay at Villa Park. Hull City have spent most of their history in the lower divisions of the League, but in 2005 made it back to the second tier winning promotion to the Championship under manager Peter Taylor. The team is nicknamed 'The Tigers', due to its amber and black strip, which historically has often been striped.

Name: Hull City

Nickname: The Tigers

Ground: KC Stadium(also known as the Circle)

Capacity: 26000 (all seater)

Chairman: Paul Duffen

Current Squad:

Boaz Myhill

Nathan Doyle

Andy Dawson

Ian Ashbee

Simon Walton(on loan from QPR)

Michael Turner

Stuart Elliott(on loan at Doncaster)

Nick Barmby

Dean Windass

Bryan Hughes

Matt Duke

Ryan France

Richard Garcia

Wayne Brown

Caleb Folan

John Welsh

Henrik Pederson

Sam Ricketts

Dean Marney

Craig Fagan (on loan from Derby)

David Livermore

Fraizer Campbell (on loan from Man Utd)

Tom Woodhead

Nicky Featherstone

Matt Plummer

Ben Wilkinson(on loan at Gretna)

Will Atkinson

James Bennett

Brewster Frizzell

Mark Tyler(on loan from Peterbough)

Liam Cooper

Jay Jay Okocha

You should get around 2-4m for transfers. The squad is pretty decent but i suggest improvements could be made at CB,LB,CM.

Can you get Hull promoted to the Prem?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hull have spent half their history in the Championship (or old school Div 2) so not so much lower leagues.

I found RM the position requiring improvements as Pederson on the left with MArney/JJ and Hughes are good enough at this level.

Easy to sell Turner for more cash if required.

Keep Folan and Fraizer fit and you'll have a play off spot providing you give them decent service.

ypresfr

Im a Bolton fan, and mainly started a save with Hill for this reason, and the fact that super Phil Brown is their manager. I must say so far they are possibly the best championship team i have managed on fm08. Give it a go and see if you can get them promoted in the first season.

Just go back to the Good Player and Team Guide and at the top the second thread down is called Happy Valentines Day- FM 8.02 Patch.

Just click on it and download it. Once its downloaded just save it over your current game.

I always made the mistake of moving it and saving it elsewhere but just save it over the orignal game and then open the game up.

Then start a new game and it gives you the option of player the update or the orignal, choose the update and you have the new patch. If theres problems just let me know. Good Luck

I am playing as Hull. Now in January of first season. Had been always in top 8, trying to get promoted.

My first team squad:

GK Giorgi Lomaia

DR Van Zanten

DC Young guy from Mihelic's nation

DC Seyfo Soley

DL Matt Hill

DM Livermore

AMR Usually changes, though loans, but possibly France

AMC Mihelic/ Alanzinho/ Or loans

AML Barmby (Or loans)

FC Campbell

FC Loans/Agouda

I kept on loaning players, for 3 months though ... And Man City is my parent club, could loan players with 0% wage contribution.

First couple of signings; Kalouda (but out for a month icon_frown.gif) , F Campbell on loan (im on 8.0), seth johnson (but out for two months icon_mad.gif), M Vilmunen, M Demiri and Doudin all for around 500k. Also looking to bring in Greg Thil to complete my forward line. Need a first choice goal keeper as i only bought Vilmunen as a decent, cheap, back up keeper. Will also need some rock solid defenders, maybe a whole new back line. Midfield would be fine when everyone is fit but could do with some creativity. Piatti has already gone to the arsenal. Also maybe a AMRLC just for cover. I've got 1.9m to spend but this could increase though adjustment and sales.

Thanks...

Originally posted by GWEBSTR2:

First couple of signings; Kalouda (but out for a month icon_frown.gif) , F Campbell on loan (im on 8.0), seth johnson (but out for two months icon_mad.gif), M Vilmunen, M Demiri and Doudin all for around 500k. Also looking to bring in Greg Thil to complete my forward line. Need a first choice goal keeper as i only bought Vilmunen as a decent, cheap, back up keeper. Will also need some rock solid defenders, maybe a whole new back line. Midfield would be fine when everyone is fit but could do with some creativity. Piatti has already gone to the arsenal. Also maybe a AMRLC just for cover. I've got 1.9m to spend but this could increase though adjustment and sales.

Thanks...

I have Bjarnnson as AMR/AML

and you could take a look at Lomaia, and definitely Mihelic!

Originally posted by GWEBSTR2:

Thanks...

You don't need a back up keeper. Myhill is a ace goalkeeper.

Originally posted by nch:

I am playing as Hull. Now in January of first season. Had been always in top 8, trying to get promoted.

My first team squad:

GK Giorgi Lomaia

DR Van Zanten

DC Young guy from Mihelic's nation

DC Seyfo Soley

DL Matt Hill

DM Livermore

AMR Usually changes, though loans, but possibly France

AMC Mihelic/ Alanzinho/ Or loans

AML Barmby (Or loans)

FC Campbell

FC Loans/Agouda

I kept on loaning players, for 3 months though ... And Man City is my parent club, could loan players with 0% wage contribution.

Wow you've changed the team a lot. Van Zanten looks like a good buy and Sefo Soley aswell. I think Livermore is the weakest link in your team. I'd replace him with Gosling, Johnson.

playing as hull 2nd season 9th in prem 6mil left and in january

first team

Pkd Inf Name Position

GK PR Hugo Lloris GK

DR Ryan Taylor D/WB R, M RL

DL Paul Konchesky D/WB/M L

DC Sus Mamadou Sakho D LC

DC Yel Carlos Bocanegra D LC

MC Lucas DM

MC Wnt Michael Johnson M C

AMC Andrey Arshavin AM RC, F C

AMC Slt Toni Kroos AM C

AMC Tuncay AM RL, F C

FC Scott Sinclair AM L, ST

S1 Scott Carson GK

S2 Rafael Forster D LC

S3 Sídnei D C

S4 Alex Teixeira AM RLC, F C

S5 Henok Goitom ST

S6 Adel Taarabt AM C

S7 Rhys Murphy ST

Just started a new game with city, on 8.0...

Played 3 Won 1 Lost 0 Drawn 2

The 2 drawn were charlton and crystal palace, and i beat cardiff.

Players In:

F.Campbell - Loan

Doudin - £40k

Stancu - £250k

Torje - £400k

P.Clarke - £450k

M.Hill - £400k

R.Duffy - Loan

L.Jiminez - £1mil (End of Season)

Players Out:

McPhee - £160k

Happy with the squad, think i could do with a new Left Mid. But willing to wait until end of the season before i bring somebody in. Any suggestions?

Will update when i'm in jan icon14.gif

Originally posted by nch:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">y

Barmby performs well for me.

Never used Pederson, nor Hughes.

And I remembered who are my DCs.

One of them is Mihelic's recommendation: Samardzic.

And Jimenez is a must buy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so your in the prem if you've got jimenez

end of second season

Pos Inf Team Pld Won Drn Lst For Ag G.D. Pts

1st ECC Arsenal 38 24 10 4 69 40 +29 82

2nd ECC Liverpool 38 22 9 7 75 37 +38 75

3rd ECC Chelsea 38 23 4 11 62 39 +23 73

4th ECC Man City 38 21 3 14 63 38 +25 66

5th EC Hull 38 20 3 15 125 77 +48 63

6th EC Newcastle 38 19 6 13 62 48 +14 63

7th EC Man Utd 38 16 11 11 58 39 +19 59

8th EV Aston Villa 38 17 6 15 41 40 +1 57

9th Everton 38 16 8 14 50 44 +6 56

10th Portsmouth 38 17 4 17 54 60 -6 55

11th West Ham 38 15 9 14 43 38 +5 54

12th Fulham 38 12 12 14 53 61 -8 48

13th Tottenham 38 11 13 14 49 72 -23 46

14th Bolton 38 12 8 18 53 68 -15 44

15th Middlesbrough 38 10 13 15 49 60 -11 43

16th Derby 38 8 18 12 43 58 -15 42

17th Blackburn 38 11 7 20 41 58 -17 40

18th R Charlton 38 7 12 19 40 79 -39 33

19th R Crystal Palace 38 7 7 24 26 59 -33 28

20th R Wigan 38 6 9 23 22 63 -41 27

Originally posted by HolteEnd:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nch:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">y

Barmby performs well for me.

Never used Pederson, nor Hughes.

And I remembered who are my DCs.

One of them is Mihelic's recommendation: Samardzic.

And Jimenez is a must buy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so your in the prem if you've got jimenez </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm still in first season, but have already 'signed' him.

Archived