Team scored without having a shot on target!!!!!!!

I would say its either:

A) Classed as off target and deflected in.

B) Classed as blocked but gone in.

C) Not classed as a shot - Did it just hit him? or was he trying to pass it?

A) if it was this and the striker shot off target and clipped the keeper and went in surley own goal right?? but in saying that the shot was on target by there player

B) maybe but there was no one in front of the player shoting and goalkeeper (which might have hit not sure tho) and the goal

C) no the player looked like he was volleying it in goal not trying to pass it or anything

thanks for your help on this tho ;)

It does happen in real life, Im an Arsenal fan and we have lost a few games where teams have scored more goals than had shots on target, like it says above there are numerous reasons why it wont of been counted as a shot but I would put it down to a freak result and not worry about it

Last year in FM 09, I lost a League Cup final 1-0 after extra time and the opposition did not have one attempt on goal, far less on target after scoring with a penalty ( which apparantly didnt count as an attempt ). To be fair, it was a dire game and I only had about 5-6 attempts:(

Sometimes it doesn't pick up when shots actually happen. I have match stats up when I'm watching the game, and when there's a clear shot, on goal or otherwise, it sometimes doesn't register it. That's probably what happened.

Either that the 'volley' was meant as a pull back or something...

frank lampard's majority of goals are off-target deflections :p

(before any of you lot take this too seriously, he does get some deflections, but he also gets goals on target of his own accord too, this is simple humour. i have to explain this otherwise there is the good chance some of you will take it far more seriously than it needs to be)

Archived