World class clubs relegated, and beyond ?

I know there are some huge saves knocking around, and just wondered, has anyone ever seen any of the world class clubs, such as the big 4 in england, big 2 in spain, big 2 in holland, bayern in germany, actually get relegated, and even relegated beyond the 2nd tier ??

Isn't it a Big 3 in Holland? I'm not sure whichever one of Feyenoord, PSV or Ajax you're leaving out would be too happy.

But there was a thread where Liverpool had been relegated not so long ago.

Feyenoord isn't what it used to be :D

And to be fair, neither is Ajax. Top 1 :(

Im in 2042 and Arsenal were relegated a few seasons ago. Championship football at Van Basten Park ftw.

They won the championship title straight away though and not doing badly now they're back in the prem.

Also Liverpool,Everton were relegated at some point during my save too.Man Utd also survived on final day of the season.

Im currently playing Champions League football at Norwich :-)

With their massive debts, I wouldn't be surprised to see Liverpool or United go down.

Never mind go down, With their current levels of debt IRL I wouldn't be at all surprised if they actually went under. (Meaning out of business altogether. Shocking financial management at both places). I follow Liverpool, but the ONLY financially well managed club is Arsenal.

Never mind go down, With their current levels of debt IRL I wouldn't be at all surprised if they actually went under. (Meaning out of business altogether. Shocking financial management at both places). I follow Liverpool, but the ONLY financially well managed club is Arsenal.

Both Man Utd and Liverpool rely on massive turnovers that equal or surpass their spending costs. Liverpool's turnover is going to go down considerably this season because they aren't in the CL anymore... Wouldn't it be great if they went bust?! :D

Liverpool were relegated to the championship on a fm09 save of mine, nearest to the big 4 this year is Tottenham yo-yo ing for the last 4 or 5 seasons between the 2 divisions.

not a world class team but a big drop all the same, Blackpool are currently in their 4th season in the BSN.

The only big club I saw being relegated was Man Utd in 2030. They got back to the PL one year later and since then have been finishing at the middle of the table. Arsenal are sitting at 15th in December 2037 but I don't think they'll be relegated.

Isn't it a Big 3 in Holland? I'm not sure whichever one of Feyenoord, PSV or Ajax you're leaving out would be too happy.

I think it is Ajax, PSV and AZ now.. maybe Twente is in there.

I've seen Lazio go down after a relatively short time on multiple games. Have taken over a just relegated Liverpool (in 07 in the late 2010's) and seen Chelsea become a yo-yo side in 09 in the late 2020's/early 2030's. Also though its slightly different, seen Dinamo Kiev and Shakhtar come pretty close during my current job in the Ukraine, something which in itself is just as unlikely as actual relegation for big-ish clubs elsewhere. Later in the same save as the liverpool relegation, Ipswich were in the lower reaches of league 2 just 20 years after I took them to the title. I know 20 years is a fairly long time but it's still a heck of a drop.

I think Holland has a Big Four: Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord and AZ Alkmaar (who have impressed in europe recently).

I've seen both Liverpool and Manchester United relegated. I saw Man U relegated to the Championship and after five years still hadn't gone back up (and they had maybe five or six English players in total in their entire side -- anyone else notice this?) Everton I also see usually go down.

In my current save, Aston Villa went down and haven't gone back up after two years, and Newcastle recently entered administration and after four years are still in the Championship, languishing in midtable.

Both Man Utd and Liverpool rely on massive turnovers that equal or surpass their spending costs. Liverpool's turnover is going to go down considerably this season because they aren't in the CL anymore... Wouldn't it be great if they went bust?! :D

I would play this when that happens ..

susan-boyle-pic.jpg

:)

While AZ has been a constant contender for the Eredivisie in my current save, they haven't really done anything internationally (out in CL qualification or didn't get beyond group stages).

The biggest/most successful club I can remember being relegated is VfL Wolfsburg, who won the Bundesliga in 08/09 and then got steadily worse (7th, 12th, 16th (won relegation playoff) and finally 17th), beginning from their first season in FM2010. Then again, they're just as bad in real life this season and their championship was a fluke anyway.

I Holidayed to the 2020's and in that game, Wigan was in the BSPL, and Bayern was escaping relegation.

Also, I noticed Valencia and Athletic Bibao have made a top 4 with RM and Barca in that game.

But I was only doing some Regen tests. (So Valencia had 2 world class Polish Regens. :D)

No, AZ are not consistent at all. They're pants this season, they were pants the season before they were champions.

Off-topic a bit, but i think the debate here is who are the big teams in the Netherlands - historically it's always Feyenoord, Ajax and PSV, in terms of success and fan power. Recently only PSV have been consistently good and that has allowed other mid-table teams like AZ and Twente to have success,and that can only be healthy for Dutch football in terms of competetion. In the long term it would not be that surprising if AZ or Twente failed to win anything again in the next 20 years. But if Feyenoord or Ajax went down, in FM or IRL, that would be big news.

chelsea got relegated after going into admnistration in my save in 2016 i think, but i dont know what happened since i was managing in spain. Only premier league is loaded but i noticed that they kept all of their players after relegation and abrahamovic is still there. strange...

Birmingham in League 2 and completely bankrupt. In around 2030.
They're not exactly a world class club though, are they? :D

Hell, I've got/had a save for FM09 where Bolton and Wolves were both in League 2 along with other former Premiership teams like Charlton, Ipswich and Watford...while QPR were winning 6 Premiership titles in a row and teams including Rochdale and Brentford were mid-table Premiership teams :p

Archived