Manage international youth squad

Can I manage an international youth team? I tried to do so when I am the manager of Greece by going to the team settings to choose myself to manage the youth team, but options for both under21 and under19 teams were greyed out, so can anyone help me with this problem?

Guest roberto922

lol I've managed Vanuatu too Fire Bracelet, really good fun, World Cup Group stages icon_cool.gif

I'd like to know if you can manage youth teams too, it'd help me if I could get my china youth to do a good job for a change, maybe sack your youth team manager? I'll try it in a minute.

Guest roberto922

yup sack one of your youth team managers and the option will become available to manage them, hope this helps icon_smile.gif

Is it possible to apply when the job becomes available as well? Even if you are not manager?

So, if the England U21 job becomes available while you are managing in the lower leagues you could take it to build up experience? Or is it only available if you are already managing the international senior side in the first place.

Come to think of it... another question... does being an U21 international manager have an effect on your manager reputation?

So many questions! icon_confused.gif

C.

To manage an international youth team at the start of the game:

When adding a new manager, click on Vanuatu in the nations list.

Navigate to their u21 or u19 side

Click 'Take Control' in the bottom-left corner (bottom-right if you're using the reversed skin)

NB. You have to retain all Vanuatu players to manager them or their youth team

Originally posted by crouchaldinho:

Is it possible to apply when the job becomes available as well? Even if you are not manager?

So, if the England U21 job becomes available while you are managing in the lower leagues you could take it to build up experience? Or is it only available if you are already managing the international senior side in the first place.

Come to think of it... another question... does being an U21 international manager have an effect on your manager reputation?

So many questions! icon_confused.gif

C.

Yes. I got offered the England U21 job not long ago. Turned it down, obviously.

Archived