How to handle them "wonderkids" ?

Hey guys!

I have a question which has bothered me forever actually but never thought to put any research into it. So I have 4 wonderkids currently in my team enjoying quite a lot first team football.

The question is - how do i develop them to be sure they become world-class ? I have pretty good coaches, using tug's training and usually assign the kids to some big name veteran. That's how I always used to do it. Is there any other way?

Thanks!

the way i get the young players good is to match them up with my old players and try and give them first team football, worked out well at the moment rooney out so young regen getting loads of football

and loaning players out works if they cant get into first team yet i have sent a dm out on loan who has good stats at the start of the season now coming to the end they have went up a lot seem as he plays every game

players learn physical stats far easier before 21, you really need to train their physical stats more at a younger age to get the best out of them, here is a link to some very good schedules for every position with under 17, developing, first choice and veteran variants, really worth a go. i have noticed a couple more injuries than before, but nothing which broke my team, and attribute improvement is excellent http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=185812

I just make sure the youth coach stars are up high all the time.

Then I play the wonderkids against lower league opponents and cup matches against nobodies.

If I'm winning high profile games 2 - 0 and have 30 minutes left I'll throw them on for the rest of the game.

The key really is to loan them out for valuable members of teams. Or to play them as much as you can and have good training stars for youths.

I've found that when I play a team of youngsters then they play well. But if I played my first team with one or two youngsters in they play pretty poorly. Played my young team in the English cups this year and they've done well. Knocked out of FA at 5th round but they are in the Carling Cup final :)

When is the best time to loan them out? I always thought that letting them play in my U19 team and win the championship there is working nicely for them. I mean what's the point in loaning out a 17 year old who can stay with me and be developed by my coaches instead?

Sometimes I can get a 16-7 year old to a full contract, sometimes to a youth one don't know which is better - but using Tug's training the ones on full contract can't train in Youth trainings anymore.. So i look to sign them for the latter. If I HAVE to sign them to a full time contract and train them with the regular players then I feel free to loan them out.

Is that a wrong approach?

Sometimes I can get a 16-7 year old to a full contract, sometimes to a youth one don't know which is better - but using Tug's training the ones on full contract can't train in Youth trainings anymore.. So i look to sign them for the latter. If I HAVE to sign them to a full time contract and train them with the regular players then I feel free to loan them out.

Is that a wrong approach?

I think the sooner you can get them into your full training regime, the better. Your youngsters will just get even more training that way. At least that's how it seems to work.

I

Could someone in the know explain the coaches and youth training stat. I know a high number in this field means they are better at training the youth but what is youth?

Is it anyone on a youth contract or anyone under 21?

I'm wondering what coaches to hire, I dont have many players on youth contracts but do have a few between 19 and 21 years of age. Should I get coaches who have a higher youth training stat or get the higher stat in attacking?

Thanks.

Most of mine go out on loan or play in the reserves, gaining experience. the best ones sit on the bench. I have a 17 year old right now who I actually have playing next to Gerrard in my England team, and on my Arsenal bench. He's kind of special though, with 16-18 in passing, technique, long shots, first touch, finishing, dribbling, workrate, determination, creativity and anticipation, 15 in tackling and natural fitness, then above 10 in everything bar marking, free kicks, aggression & strength. My coaches place him as a "decent player for most premiership sides".

Archived