Closed Thread

Thread: Football Manager Handheld, I CANT WAIT !!!

Amateur

Hi guys , just wanted to say i like the new FMH site up and running,cheers for the wallpaper downloads .Also i'm counting the days till FHM comes out.i've also got champ###ship manager on psp and have to say what a pile of poo,SO YEAH I LOVE MY PSP AND ALREADY LOVE FHM, COM'ON 14/4/06 !!!

Amateur

Hi guys , just wanted to say i like the new FMH site up and running,cheers for the wallpaper downloads .Also i'm counting the days till FHM comes out.i've also got champ###ship manager on psp and have to say what a pile of poo,SO YEAH I LOVE MY PSP AND ALREADY LOVE FHM, COM'ON 14/4/06 !!!

Amateur

Yipee,Just pre-ordered FM handheld on play.com, £29.99 bargain, ROLL ON 13/4/06 !!!!!!!!!!!

Amateur

Just over 4 weeks now. Finally my PSP will get some use.

Amateur

Hi,Just wondered S.I if the game will be wi-fi enabled so we can play each others saved teams,cool idea hey

Amateur

nope theres no multiplayer for this version possibly next one

Semi Pro
    Serie A Predictions Champion 2002/03, Division One Predictions Champion 2003/04, World Cup 2006 predictions champ

You could stick them on ur pc off the memory card and swap them that way though?

First Team Squad Member
    Come on you Foxes; PSN = per1n1um; Steam: jonnoblood

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eddie_The_Hatter:
    Hi,Just wondered S.I if the game will be wi-fi enabled so we can play each others saved teams,cool idea hey </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is in the xBox 360 version, but not this PSP version. I would imagine if it's good, it will be included in the next PC game and then possibly in the next PSP game. It's not particularly important, CM on the PSP doesn't have wi-fi multiplayer so SI are not at a disadvantage in that respect.

Amateur

Hi people,Just thought i would let you know i've just seen on play.com that ther realeasing championship manager 2006 (new)on sony psp on the 7/4/06,I for one am not falling for that one,brought the first one what a pile of poo, THERES ONLY ONE FOOTIE MANAGER GAME FOR PSP AND THATS FM HANDHELD, not long now,cant wait !!!

Amateur

How can you rave so much about a game you've never played?

Amateur

Mate i just know it will be the dogs & you cant get much worse than that bloody championship manager on psp ,dont get me wrong its playable but still a pile of poo,Roll on 14/4/06

Amateur

I agree I think it will be the cat's bits also

Sports Interactive Neil Dejyothin's Avatar

Eddie: FMH will be out and hitting stores from the 13th of April and it's not on a Friday because the 14th will be a Bank Holiday here in the UK (which means some shops may be closed).

Amateur

Ok cheers for that neil,I have the game on pre-order so hopefully that means i may get it a few days early,fingers crossed !

Amateur

Guys just wondering if any of you have had your psp turn its self of in the middle of a game, it happened to me last night for the first time while playing outrun, hope this does'nt happen a lot as it will be a nightmare if it happens while playing FM Handheld

Sports Interactive Neil Dejyothin's Avatar

That's unusual.

There are however a few different ways the PSP can be turned off during play and it's quite easy to activate them accidentally or by mistake.

The obvious one would be the battery. If it runs out the PSP will eventually just switch off. The others are a little more discreet. You have the {Home} button which exits games and sends you back to the PSP menu screens.

Then you have the {Sleep} switch (power button) which can instantly turn the PSP off but generally with most games if you flick it back on you'll be at the same point in game as you were before you put the PSP into sleep mode.

Finally there's also an automatic sleep mode providing you leave the PSP idle for a period of time (similar to how the backlight dims out to save battery power). You can change the time periods on this or turn it off in the PSP system menu.

I've been on the end of pretty much all of these.

Amateur

Cheers for the reply neil,lets just hope it was a one off ! I saw a FMH advert on the back of pure psp mag the other day,looked brill and cant wait for game !! Anyway i'm of to get ready for wrestlemania 22,yes i am a closet wwe fan,Take it easy peeps

Amateur

Wow ,Wrestlemania rocked, Cena vs Triple H was of the chart !! Night all

Amateur

Hi,Regarding previous post about psp switching itself off,I figured out the problem,It was the new game that i had brought outrun 2006-coast to coast,Just thought i would share this with you as getting a bit worried my psp had techie problems near the release of FM Handheld Cheers,ed. ( S.I Congrats on the take over,big thinks to come then )

Amateur

Hi people,its very quiet on here today ! Not long to go now to the big release ! Lastly good luck to luton tommorow against w**ford, COM ON U HATTERS !!!!!!

Amateur

I preorderd mine yesterday of Amazon. Hopefuly i will have it tomorrow or wednesday

Amateur

you will have the game tmo or wednesday?doesnt come out until friday

Semi Pro
    \"If I\'m such a child, then that makes YOU a pedophile and I refuse to stand here and get lectured by a PERVERT!\"

When you order it online, the companies send it out a day or too early to make sure its in the customers hand on the day of release.

Most people usually get it a day early.

FM is out on Thursday btw.

Amateur

Got mine off play.com, will have it thurs me thinks

Amateur

Looked in my local game and it says its released on the 14th in there. Wierd as i thought everyone was selling it on the 13th.

Oh well. Hope they come by thursday.

Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark_htfc:
    Looked in my local game and it says its released on the 14th in there. Wierd as i thought everyone was selling it on the 13th.

Oh well. Hope they come by thursday. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The 14th is a bankholiday in England I believe which is why its out on a thursday instead of the normal friday ...

Youth Team

Well i know mine is definately coming on a Thursday. I was informed by Game(who i pre-ordered it from) They e-mailed me saying that it would be in my hands between 9am - 5pm on thursday the 13th april.

Amateur

Nice one plumble you are a mighty hatters fan as well,where do you sit at the kenny ? season ticket holder ? and i take it your well looking forward to FMH by all the posts UP THE HATTERS !!

Youth Team

I sit in the kenny stand. Nope not a season ticket holder. I will get one for my b-day i am a Junior Hatter at the moment but will be a normal member soon because i turn 16 in may. Did you go to the derby on Sunday? I did was ******* amazing.

Amateur

Yes matey i was there,thought we played the scummers of the park in the 2nd half ! Take it easy and enjoy footie manager handheld !! P.S. I'm a season ticket holder in the main stand, 3 pints on sat against coventry

Amateur

sorry points not pints , lol !

I know I shouldn't but....

L***n haven't won in the League at Vicarage Road for 12 years

It was only 3 months ago we beat you lot 2-1 at your hole of a ground (we only had 10 men)

You've never played in Europe or The Premiership (we have)

We can go up this season, you can't...

The list is endless

DC
    Watford FC

Youth Team

Well we beat you in the worthington cup!
    Good Ol Matty Spring, he joined the ****ing scum tho lol.
    We have eben in the top flight, maybe not the premiership but i reckon next season we will go up

Amateur

A reply to porterwasag**denboy, yeah youre right you have beaten us twice in the last god knows how many years,4-0 when you played our reserves at the kenny & 2-1 a while ago when you put youre diving/time wasting team out, and if i was to mention the amount of times we have beaten you,Good luck to you if you go up via play-offs,you'll need it! Anyway lets get back to the real reason for this forum FMH,hopefully comin today still waiting for the postie,anyone got there copy already ?? PEACE

Amateur

Sorry forgot to mention we did qualify for european footie back in 1988 and we will soon have a new ground(not that i dont like the kenny)SO THERE !! And is that right there is no international management in FMH ?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eddie_The_Hatter:
    Sorry forgot to mention we did qualify for european footie back in 1988 and we will soon have a new ground(not that i dont like the kenny)SO THERE !! And is that right there is no international management in FMH ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The first version of FMH doesn't support international management, however players will recieve caps etc. as per usual and you'll hear about the competitions as they occur.

Just got my copy, playing it now!!!

Not bad, quite quick when playing a match

Amateur

Cheers for the reply marc,that still sounds good. BOOO my postie just been and no sign of game hopefully tom, stu2510 youre one lucky guy getting it early hope you have fun playing, take it easy all, see you tom, ed

Youth Team

Am i right in saying we cannot save our most memorable games on the psp version. As on the pc version you could save matches. If you can save matches, will that be a problem if you have a 32mb memory stick?

Star Player
    Old programmers never die. They just lose their memory. PSN: seanoc1

Just started my second season at Derby.
    Game is quite fast loading and playing matches, and controls aren't too bad either.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sean_oc16:
    Just started my second season at Derby.
    Game is quite fast loading and playing matches, and controls aren't too bad either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glad you're enjoying it ... how did you get on in your first season incidentally? ...

Youth Team

WOW! 2nd season already! The PSP version is quick

Amateur

i agree plumbel fantastic been playing about an hour and almost in Dec.
    Well done SI

Come on you Saddlers

Amateur

Up early with the kids waiting for the postie (still not here) And then the missus turns around to me and says we have got our bedroom to decorate today,painting etc. I then told her today is the day (FMH Release) and she was not havin any of it,so looks to me if postie does turn up i'll have to wait till tonight to play,aahhhhhh,I feel like killing her Have fun guys

Pre-Nuptial Agreement - When a new FM game comes out the husband is allowed to dissapear for hours on end with no redress.

Amateur

Yes mate ,sounds good to me ,lol

Amateur

Least people have it.

I orderd mine from Amazon.

Lucky for some.

I have been messed about with my order.

I emailed them yesterday as they still had not sent me a message telling me they have dispatched it. It was supposed to of been dispatched on tuesday. They replied to me saying something about problems with ther side etc. I was annoid at this. So emailed them back saying I needed it for a present and that this was the purpose of us buying on line and I could of easily gone to town to buy it. I also asked if i could cancel it. Got an email at about 8:10 saying it had been dispatched. So I am hoping it comes today but i aint too sure.

GRRRRRRR

Semi Pro

Sorry forgot to mention we did qualify for european footie back in 1988 and we will soon have a new ground(not that i dont like the kenny)SO THERE !! And is that right there is no international management in FMH ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Football Manager 2024 will be out before we get a new ground. Our council have no desire to help us find anywhere to play, and we're flat out of options. Very tedious...:/

I'm just glad to see Watford and Luton playing each other - it's a great rivalry. Looking forward to the games next season!

Sports Interactive Martin Allen's Avatar

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Matt - SEGA:

Football Manager 2024 will be out before we get a new ground. Our council have no desire to help us find anywhere to play, and we're flat out of options. Very tedious...:/

I'm just glad to see Watford and Luton playing each other - it's a great rivalry. Looking forward to the games next season! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

did anyone else go Sunday, was a great atmosphere there and I really enjoyed it

I've given up hope of new groumd, I long for the day I can put in my Luton research a new staidum to put in the database

Semi Pro

Wonderful!

The postie tries to deliver it this morning, recorded delivery. I'm at work, he leaves a card, telling me to give it 4 hours before picking it up.

I go at 5:30, which is 8 hours later, and the lazy gimboid still hasn't returned his undelivered mail to the depot. If he doesn't do it today, there's a possibility I won't even get the sodding thing on Saturday when I go at about 9am.

Pesky bloody mail fools.

I needed to vent.

Amateur

Yeah i was there on sunday,great game,good atmosphere,Dont give up on the ground you never know ?? Just about to FMH for the first time ,been waiting to play it all day, i'll let you know how i get on,up the hatters !! P.S. Hope you get your game soon crayola ,bloody postmen

Amateur

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Younger Crayola:
    Wonderful!

The postie tries to deliver it this morning, recorded delivery. I'm at work, he leaves a card, telling me to give it 4 hours before picking it up.

I go at 5:30, which is 8 hours later, and the lazy gimboid still hasn't returned his undelivered mail to the depot. If he doesn't do it today, there's a possibility I won't even get the sodding thing on Saturday when I go at about 9am.

Pesky bloody mail fools.

I needed to vent. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same thing happened to me, I was at work when it was delivered. Our delivery office was shut by the time i got there after work, and its closed tomorrow, so won't get my own copy till saturday

However i wasn't prepared to wait another 36 hours to play it so i nipped down Choices and rented it to keep me going till saturday

Semi Pro

A rental could have been an option but it would have negated the whole point of me getting it from Play instead of HMV.

Plus I might actually use this time to do some work for a change.

As long as I get it on Saturday in time for Soccer Saturday I'm going to be happy. And I'll be going to my folks Sunday for dinner so I bloody well hope I have it in time for the bus journey.

Amateur

I have to say great little game Just a few quick questions 1) Can you find out match attendances 2) Can you select penalty takers 3) Do you get fans reaction to you ??? I know some of these questions might be in gamw manual/other forums but i'm just being lazy ! Oh'yes just to let you know i lost two friendlies and drew the other am now 2 games in to my season with luton and 4th in league,beat palace 5-1 in first game at home then drew with preston 1-1, get in there !! BUT YES OVER'ALL THE GAME GETS A BIG THUMBS UP

Amateur

Man feeling tired now, Just finished playing and come across a few wired things the manager of the month was given to a low placed team with only 1 win in the month and also i had three different cup final results ??? night all

Amateur

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Matt NFFC:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Younger Crayola:
    Wonderful!

Pesky bloody mail fools.

I needed to vent. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same thing happened to me, I was at work when it was delivered. Our delivery office was shut by the time i got there after work, and its closed tomorrow, so won't get my own copy till saturday

However i wasn't prepared to wait another 36 hours to play it so i nipped down Choices and rented it to keep me going till saturday </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Join the club i might not be reciving it till saturday after stupid amazon.

Part-Timer

I have to say great little game Just a few quick questions 1) Can you find out match attendances 2) Can you select penalty takers 3) Do you get fans reaction to you ??? I know some of these questions might be in gamw manual/other forums but i'm just being lazy ! Oh'yes just to let you know i lost two friendlies and drew the other am now 2 games in to my season with luton and 4th in league,beat palace 5-1 in first game at home then drew with preston 1-1, get in there !! BUT YES OVER'ALL THE GAME GETS A BIG THUMBS UP </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1) I haven't found a way to see attendence, I've had a look round even seeing if it pops up after the match, but alas no.

2) Same goes for penalties, I think the AI selects your best natural penalty taker or maybe just a forward, not sure on that.

3) I don't think fans are in this generally as the only confidence update are from the Board and there doesn't seem to be any fan interaction on FM:H atm. I reakon this will come in a later version.

HTH - no doubt someone from SI will come along and possibly correct me

Amateur

Cheers for that matey,nice one !

Youth Team

There is a bit of fans reaction.

When you do bad(not in my case),your fans voice their concerns.

Amateur

Hows your game going ? not really got in to mine yet tryed playing today,didnt last long as i have young kiddie winks they were trying to bash my psp about Just about to play again in a minute

Youth Team

Ha well i won teh quad and stayed unbeaten last season.

This season still unbeaten after 26 games,won the league cup still in the cl and fa cup also won the super cup.

Closed Thread