Chairman Accepting Bids.... ARGGHHH!!

I'm on a mission to get Basingstoke in the Champions League, unfortunately I've become stuck in the Championship. The reason... the chairman accepts every bid we get.

Now considering I'm now in 2020, a lot of these are regens and won't mean anything but they serve as history of how much my chairman interferes with transfers.

2016/17 - Adam Gibson (2.2M), and Etzaz Hussain (2.7M)

2017/18 - Alfonso Pistone (2.7M), Dave Wallace (2.5M) and Gavin Dunn (1.4M)

2018/19 - Zak Cartwright (2.8M), Charles Cuny (4.1M) and Bordon (3.5M)

2019/20 - Ged Rudge aka The Grudge (2.8M). John Williams (1.2M), Nick Brown (2M) Darren Lewis (2.8M)

It's getting on my nerves a lot of those players play in the same position as well. Cartwright and Williams were my best two strikers and now I'm devoid of strikers.

Is there anything I can do to stop this happening as it's really messing up the game for me. Everytime my team starts to look good and gets momentum my chairman accepts a crap bid from a Premier League team.

Any suggestions?

Depends on the interfering attrib of your chairman but also you financial situation. If your club has debts then it is likely they're being accepted to clear them or the chairman just thinks they're too good to turn down.

Two options:

1) offer the players a big new contract. Problem being, they may refuse and join the bigger club.

2) offer them out for £0 to all clubs. If a bigger one comes in (ie, not one your chairman is selling to) when your player accepts the contract, cancel it at the last second. The first club rarely comes back for more.

Or you can cheat and sign on as a new manager of the buying club, thus cancelling the deal. And yes, I said "thus".

I've found putting the player's value at some ridiculous amount in the transfer status page helps stave off smaller bids. I love playing as smaller clubs so I've had my chairman accept bids for players that were lower than the amount I paid for them originally and it really screws my progress up. Especially when he gives all the money to me to buy new players! (I don't want the money, I want the player!)

Get all the players you don't want to lose and set their value at 10 mil plus and if you do get a bid, at least it'll be something better than the pennies your chairman would probably accept.

Archived