+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Legend status removed when left club

Semi Pro

Default Legend status removed when left club

Managed Tottenham for about 15 years.Got a new stadium named after me and i was named as a legend on the club information screen.

Recently resigned to manage Norwich in the Championship,and as soon as i had left my name was no longer featured in the legend bar at Tottenham??

Did a search on this and this was a known problem in FM09. I also understand once you leave your actually considered as hated by the club?!

Is this going to be fixed as it's quite an bad bug imo.

Youth Team

Default Re: Legend status removed when left club

It is irritating. IRL when a manager who is well liked leaves a club, he always gets nearly always gets a warm reaction when he goes back, apart from Owen Coyle obviously.

Part-Timer

Using an in-game editor, you can see that you go to 100 on disliked people at the club once you leave.

Amateur

known issue , hope it got fixed in 10.3

josh9393

It won't be, it's been known for years.

Amateur

It is annoying. Once you leave a club you aren't allowed to be a legend there. That's stupid and they should change it.

Part-Timer

Easy problem to fix, only needs a little coding. Lets hope they fix it for 10.3, no reason they shouldn't.

First Team
    Wishing Brendan Rodgers had been this good in 2010

It should depend on the circumstances of your leaving. If you resign or run your contract down and take a job at a bigger club immediately (say, within three months), you should be hated. Likewise, if you leave straight for a bigger job. However, if you are sacked, or genuinely resign, or genuinely run your contract down, your reputation should remain intact.

Amateur

Well if you go and take a bigger job it shouldn't always go down. Say you get 3 straight promotions to League 1 then Man United come calling? You'd get decent compensation for your old club and any fans would understand that. Still be a legend.

Banned

I won the league and was put on the favourite personnel list, this was removed before Id even played a game the following season.

Semi Pro

It's not really a fix or a bug because it's put in there deliberately. I think it's there to stop an unrealistic situation where a manager would be sacked or resign and then be immediately offered his old job back.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by brookie1402 View Post
    It's not really a fix or a bug because it's put in there deliberately. I think it's there to stop an unrealistic situation where a manager would be sacked or resign and then be immediately offered his old job back.
    How do you not see that as a bug?

surely the AI should be able to determine who they just hired. Also given a period of time most legendary managers return to their initial club so that should be a possibility.

Semi Pro

Did this get fixed in patch 10.3?

I can't see it on the change list :-(

Amateur

Well i left Cardiff city a legend and six years later i still remain.

Third Team

I think it is. I have left several different clubs and am still a favoured personnel on all the ones that I was when I was there. I am still a legend with Juventus after resigning and moving to another club.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by given1legend View Post
    It is annoying. Once you leave a club you aren't allowed to be a legend there. That's stupid and they should change it.
    It is annoying. I really don't think SAF will be the #1 most hated when he finally decides to retire. Heck, I don't think Fulham fans want to put a hit on Roy Hodgson, even fresh off his departure.

Part-timer

it is the most stupid thing in the game. if you get on the favoured personell list then you should stay there unless u leave to manage a rival.

Amateur

On FM 09 it was impossible to even get onto the favoured personell list. I was at Bristol City for 20 years and took them into the premiership, won the league 6 times, including 4 in the space of 5 years. the champions league 7 times and the fa once and i still wasnt anywhere near the favoured personell list. Yet 9 of the players i signed got put on it, including someone on the club legends list.

Amateur

difficult, but not impossible. I took braintree to champions league success in FM09 and became a legend though have never had a stadium named after me...

Leicester City Researcher

Look how many times Steve Coppell has returned to Crystal Palace due to his legendary status there. Losing it is ridiculous.

Also, it's so much harder to gain legendary status for lower league clubs, if you win the Premier League just once with Norwich irl you would undoubtedly become a legend there or a high end Icon at the very least, but you don't even get on the Favoured Personnel list. If you got Havent & Waterlooville promoted from the Conferenced North to League One you would become a Legend, but you don't even get on the Favoured Personell list. I'd say if you promoted pretty much any team up 3 divisions you would at the very least become an Icon, usually a legend irl.

I can understand that if you win the league with ManUtd or Chelsea you wouldn't become a legend, but surely the reputation/honours list and history of the club can determine this?

Part-Timer

As far as I can see this has been fixed. In my save, I am a legend at two different clubs (Spurs and Frankfurt). I am managing neither.

+ Reply to Thread