the longest amount that you have played fm?

im sure that we have all been addicted to Football Manager, but what is the longest amount of time that you spent on the game non stop?

i thought of this because i am currently on my half term break from 6th form, and on monday i spend a whopping 14 hours on the game non stop that was as soon as i woke up i loaded up my laptop and played the game until i went to bed, only stopping for tea and toilet breaks, and eating my dinner the only food i had that day whilst continuing to play. Then yesterday i went to my mates house and then to watch my local football club, which was when i wasnt sure if i should be proud of my 14 non stop hours of FM, or embarrased that i spent my first day of my week holiday on a game when i could be doing some of the work that i have been given.

so how long have you spent non stop on football manager?

FM2008 was the killer for me as this came out right about the middle of the 2nd year at uni.

I think I did around the same (14 or so hours) GF was not amused when I said " nah not coming round tonight. maybe tomorrow".

I was the same, i would play FM every weekday evening after school, and then on friday, i would stay up until around 3am, then wake up at 9 am through excitement, play ALL day until around 10pm, then watch MoTD, go to bed, wake up early, play football, then play FM for the rest of the afternoon.

Now, at university, between every class/lecture, i will load up FM and get a few hours in. I cannot play for hours on end anymore, because i am also busy, and my laptop cannot function for much longer than a few hours anyway.

So to summarise, its nothing to boast about that you played FM for so long etc, but shouldn't be too embarrassed, cos i bet you people waste there time doing far worse things, (watching tele, masturbating, facebook) at least you get an end product ;)

I was the same, i would play FM every weekday evening after school, and then on friday, i would stay up until around 3am, then wake up at 9 am through excitement, play ALL day until around 10pm, then watch MoTD, go to bed, wake up early, play football, then play FM for the rest of the afternoon.

Now, at university, between every class/lecture, i will load up FM and get a few hours in. I cannot play for hours on end anymore, because i am also busy, and my laptop cannot function for much longer than a few hours anyway.

So to summarise, its nothing to boast about that you played FM for so long etc, but shouldn't be too embarrassed, cos i bet you people waste there time doing far worse things, (watching tele, masturbating, facebook) at least you get an end product ;)

Dont you get an end product out of masturbating? :D

FM wise, regularly in my youth I used to spend entire weekends playing the game.

Archived