Australian FM Players

This is how I came to play CM/FM...

My mate purchased his game for $20 on special at Myer (Grace Brothers back then).

He played it and loved it so much and insisted I try it.

So he installed CM97 on my pc after school to show me how good it was and tried to talk me into buying it.

A week later I was bored and double clicked on the CM97 icon (or was it at command prompt, cant remember :D) , fully knowing I did not have the game, nor the money or anything to play it.

The game loaded up and to my major surprise, it was fully functional!!! I have had a love hate relationship with this game ever since. :o

Hi I'm from Australia.

I acutally haven't been playing much FM10 lately just waiting for the patch to come out before I start a new game.

Same, My laptop crashed and I had to wipe everything, haven’t got the heart to start another game. :(

And, I’m a proud Australian to. :rolleyes: 327 now.

I saw FM05 2nd hand in 2004/2005 apparently the original owners didnt rate it too much but i took the chance thinking it to be more like FIFA but was fortunaetly mistaken, been addicted ever since. I think I was 12 maybe 13 when I First baught it, Its only just started to take off in Australia most people couldnt get around the 2D interface but ever since they braught in 3D the game was advertised everywhere.

I'm also an Aussie, not on this forum much as I'm more a regular on TheDugout. Have been playing since Ultimate Soccer Manager WAY back and went on to FM/CM back in 97/98, was living in England at the time and moved BACK to Perth in 06 and will NEVER give it up. I'm only 21 :D

There is an interesting edit going on at TheDugout too where one of the members is looking to create an Australian league system including the state leagues and youth league. Could be interesting and will keep everyone posted

English. However, I've lived in Canberra for 3 years.

Played from the very first CM years ago. Haven't really played FM10 much as I've really stuggled to get into it. Will wait for the next patch and if that doesn't help, this will probably be the last version I buy.

starting playing back in the 90s with games such as Premier-Manager on the Sega Mega Drive and Player-Manager on the SNES. I also remember having a managment game on the Commodore64, can't remember the name though. Got into CM00/01 after playing an EA management game and thinking, there has to be a better version than this! Tried CM06, thought it was pigs poo so moved over to FM07 and can't stop playing them since!!

I'm mostly in the editor area though, making fantasy Aussie leagues!

i'm living in australia and playing FM

my first was CM03/04 and followed it on (lived in England and then kept buying it when i moved out here)

what annoys me is that the Australian versions (2x DVD size) are thicker than the European versions (which are DVD sized) and therefore do not fit within my PC Game box holder thing

Hi You can call me Trent

Im hoping no mods see this as i know its against the rules but its really hard to find aussie players and me and 3 other blokes are starting up an online a-league clan(see 'australian league game' in FM ONLINE Clan Advertiser thread) and we are keen to get another 5 or 6 players so all the teams are filled, just putting this out there for you guys as i know aussie games are hard to come by.

PS im really sorry to post this here but Im sure alot of aussies would want to play an online game but just wouldnt check the online clan lists as there are very rarely australians games on there

• 6 years later...

sorry to revive the thread but are all these aussies still around?

I've been playing Football Manager since CM 98/99. An am an Aussie myself.

Have been playing FM Online for quite a while and always interested to meet more people playing in a similar timezone.

Archived