Does anyone actually get sacked?!?

I have never been sacked on FM. It is too easy to do well. This forum is full of people saying ive won CL 5 times in a rowwith burton albion etc etc.

Basically everyone achieves everything with any club as long as they play 10 seasons or so.

Just strikes me that the game is too easy to achieve things.

yeah im in 2018 and i resigned from mancity having failed to retain the prem and joined villa at beginning of 2017/18 and they sacked me just before xmas. i told the board that we would be challenging for the title but because i was 9th they sacked me lol.

I got sacked by Brazil for a 1-1 tie with Mexico. I was also sacked by Roma for sitting midtable at Christmas when they expected to qualify for Europe. Even though this was slightly unrealistic because I took the job in 2016 and their squad was depleted except for de Rossi and Mexes who were both in their mid 30s.

I have never been sacked on FM. It is too easy to do well. This forum is full of people saying ive won CL 5 times in a rowwith burton albion etc etc.

Frankly I always find people who say that they've won the champions league,their own league and all domestic cups so many times in a row hard to believe. The reason for my scepticism is due to the fact they never post any screenies or other evidence to back these claims up. I think there able to win so much back to back because there cheating by using either the editor that comes with the game or some other third party editor.

Frankly I always find people who say that they've won the champions league,their own league and all domestic cups so many times in a row hard to believe. The reason for my scepticism is due to the fact they never post any screenies or other evidence to back these claims up. I think there able to win so much back to back because there cheating by using either the editor that comes with the game or some other third party editor.

as above...............you will find they have either given themselves a trillion quid:thdn:

or edited ca/pa to max:thdn:

or just edited all best players to the squad:rolleyes:

each to thier own............but whats the point

I have been sacked in all versions:o

usually by issuing ultimatums to board............cant resist it

I've never been sacked per se but I have been asked to leave several times and naturally, I've always jumped before I was pushed if the board was clearly against me rather than having a sacking to blot my copy book.

This is only an easy game if you cheat by doctoring the finances and the squads. Some people can take pleasure from doing that and that's fair enough but I take much more satisfaction from turning things around at a failing club or getting an unexpected promotion.

Got sacked when I was at Man Utd in the 1st season on 07. Was in 15th place at Christmas time, 8 points from the drop zone. :p

In fairness you were going to get it;)

liked your LLM comment dont you have to purge yourself before entering the forum, and there is rumour of secret handshakes etc to get in.Went in once very welcomining:rolleyes:

look i did a post without any............................:p

In fairness you were going to get it;)

liked your LLM comment dont you have to purge yourself before entering the forum, and there is rumour of secret handshakes etc to get in.Went in once very welcomining:rolleyes:

look i did a post without any............................:p

I guess I was. :D

Yeah... Let's just say I'm less than impressed with the LLM forum and its mods... putting it mildly.

Basically everyone achieves everything with any club as long as they play 10 seasons or so.

Just strikes me that the game is too easy to achieve things.

Kara, I've been sacked but I place stricter rules (LLM-style) on myself to make the game more difficult. Others enjoy winning 8 CLs in a row with Burton Albion. That would bore me to tears.

I've been sacked twice. Once for doing very badly with Forest.

And another time in FM08 when there was a bug where you could take over a club half-way through a season, but the expectations set by the board hadn't changed from the beginning of the season. I had taken over a Spanish club in the relegation zone, managed to get them up to mid-table, but got the sack because I wasn't in a position to challenge for promotion!

Actually,

I am in the group of people with a nice curriculum - in my current save I do have close to 70% winning-ratio, I´ve won 3 Libertadores, 2 Brazilian championships, 1 Brazilian Cup, 1 South American Cup and 4 State Championships.

That being said, I never cheated (closest thing is to make myself an international at the start of the game since before dreaming of managing big teams I used to dream about playing in the Brazil National Team).

I think the game rewards people who are analytical, patient and resilient. I do a lot of research both in game and here. And yet last time I lost the Brazilian Championships through a series of unlikely and unlucky draws I´ve got really mad cursing the game haha.

That being said, in my previous save I had a very interesting career just to be invited to redeem my favourite club which was in dire conditions with a big contract - 1st time since I started playing the series! - and stuff while on my 5th year of a succesful management career, and just found myself sacked one season and a half later (they expected me to challenge for the title and I was 9th after half of the season - still within range though...). Though game, I say.

So, my experience: you can be very succesful without cheating, and yet you can be sacked no matter how good you think you are or how things seem in control from one season to the next.

In this save my favourite team came after me again, and this time I let it go hehe.

Cheers,

Tele

yeah im in 2018 and i resigned from mancity having failed to retain the prem and joined villa at beginning of 2017/18 and they sacked me just before xmas. i told the board that we would be challenging for the title but because i was 9th they sacked me lol.

Sounds like my save. Just without the sacking.

I was sacked in FM09 but not because i was doing badly. I was in the play-off places with Leeds and tried to show interest in the vacant West Ham job - the board didn't like it and gave me the axe. I didn't get the West Ham job and ended up at Peterborough, who were lower than Leeds in the same league.

I have NEVER been sacked by a club in CM/FM history.

I have been sacked by countries though, plenty of times. I feel you have to do really well at international management, and get better or at least match your achievements in the last tournament or be sacked.

Pretty realistic to be fair.

This being my first FM, I've been sacked a few times.

My first ever save, started at Chicago. Things went great, won the MLS twice in three years, and the US Open Cup once. Things started to become a little dull, so I made a move to Crystal Palace. That was a poor career move. My first year we went down, easily. Started the second year, board became a little restless. I got sacked later on, and then they got relegated to league two. :p

I did have a two player going with my partner's bro, where he was Newcastle & we where couple of months in, October/Novemeber time & he was sitting mid-table, having just been on a run of 3-5 straight wins & he had a cup game, agaisnt Arsenal & he received an e-mail saying that, his days could be number if he lost against Arsenal?!

I couldnt believe it when i saw it! lol.

He hasnt played that save game since!

though i did, tell his assistant to play it 2 c what would happen, susprisly his assistant won both times i tried it! lol, so no-idea if he wud of got sacked in the end.

Archived