Job Security

Hi, I'm not sure if this had already been posted, whether its a bug, or whether there is an explanation as to why this is "realistic", but here goes.

I started a Journeyman Game, unemployed, no reputation etc and took over the reigns at Aberystwyth in the Welsh Premier League. I was predicted to finish 8th in the league and managed to over achieve, finishing 3rd in the league, still challenging TNS with 2 games to play. Not only that, but i won both the Loosemores League Cup and the Welsh Cup, bringing Aber their first (and second) trophey since 1900.

The fans were ecstatic, so were the board. When I checked my confidence with the board (job security) I was at around 78%, with the tag line "unsackable" or something similar. I was chuffed.

Move forward to the start of season 2, and before even playing a game, (Pre season or Europa League or anything) and my job security is down to 52%. No board take overs or player sales, only players brought in. It seems strange that my job security would go down so much over the off season without playing a single game? Can anyone think of a reason for this, or is it a bug?

Any responses are much appreciated.

Yes, I've had unsackable, that was after finishing 13th in League 1 with Rossendale. After a poor start (about 4 league games) to the next season I decided to go for bust by issuing an ultimatum about a new stadium/expansion and they sacked me.

Previously I've been warned about arrogance and that was when I wasn't even doing that well (in a previous version of FM though)

Thanks for the reply, but I'm not sure I got my point across. My point is that my Job security went down from 78% to about 52% during the course of the off-season. I hadn't played any matches be they friendlies, europa league or official matches, I hadn't sold anyone, hadn't had discussions with the board or anything, just poof, 78% down to 52%!! Surely if the board considered my job 78% secure at the end of last season I would start the next season at a similar level? Its like all the work I put in last season gaining a reputation has just disappeared.

Perhaps I missed something, maybe I was caught knocking off one of my players ex-wifes or something:D

Thanks Kyno, I guess that makes sense.My job security was up 2% from the start of last season, and I suppose that my achievements could be a flash in the pan. no sense in hailing me the next Bill Shankly based on 1 quality season. I guess the saying "Rome wasn't built in a day" is relevant!!

Archived