Worst Thing You Have Done Just To Play FM

Dumped a Girl over Football/FM. she moaned because i watched football too much even if it wasnt Newcastle playing.

Then when FM09 came out i said i wouldent see her for a week or so and then she went on about saying which was more important or somthing. didnt see her after that.

I'm ashamed to say i think i will win this dubious accolade.

I once told work my Grandmother had died to get a few days of to play a new version of FM. I think it was Fm08.

Are you Stephen Ireland in disguise?

I usually have a couple of days off work when the new one comes out, have done for the last 3 fms anyway, regularly stand my mates up on a night out to fit a few FM hours in, nearly got thrown out of uni because i didnt go to any seminars (which were on the same time as my girlfriends, when shes out the way its guilt free FM time!) oh, and right now im meant to be in the gym but blew it off to have a play around in the FM editor!

My computer broke but a friend and former colleague of mine had just moved up to Manchester to take a new job there, but his girlfriend was still in his house down here, so I started having an affair with her just so that I could play it on their PC while she was sleeping.

It's backfired a bit now, though.

Very elaborate some of these! :rolleyes:

The worst I have honestly done (numerous times) is skip school/college/work, and tell my mates/girlfriends I'm not coming out (for whatever reason) just to play FM.

FM is a way of life. :thup: I realised I wasn't the only one DESPERATE to play it as often as possible when I saw the thread(s) regarding doing imaginary team talks, etc!

Ok, this is as much as I'm going to say, and I'm not going to talk about it or debate it further.

A close family member was killed in an accident, we immediately went off to another city to be with their family. After a few days I was getting increasingly uncomfortable and concoted some excuse to go back home for a couple of days to have some peace and quiet and some "me" time, which ofc involved a fix of FM. Selfish I know, but I did go straight back when I said I would, and I didn't bail JUST to play FM. There was pet feeding and routine day to day stuff needing taken care of too, but FM was at the back of my mind. I suppose it shows a little that even under such circumstances "normal" life has to, and will, go on.

:(

Archived