Product Key problem (FM09)

I finally got the itch to play football manager again today but i'm having a few problems. I upgraded my PC before i came back to uni and for some reason, its now asking me to re-enter my product key. Now this isn't a problem as i have a legit copy so i called my brother and told him to give me my product key.

To cut a long story short my unlock key is still apparently active and that i should get another one, now it has been recommended that i uninstall and then reinstall and delete my certificate folder a la' here:

http://community.sigames.com/showpos...88&postcount=8

Problem is i can't uninstall because i don't have the game with me, i can't download it from a legitimate source i.e. steam as my uni blocks it, but i was going to try and delete the certificate folder and then re attempt entering the product key but i couldn't find it (maybe this is down to me being thick!).

So if anyone could point me towards that folder, how to deactivate my product key or even somewhere where i can purchase just the product key i'd be very happy.

I'm talking about FM09 by the way (although i'd be tempted to purchase FM10 if someone can point me to a digital download that isn't through steam).

Archived