The money in your contract?

Oh, let's have some fun here...

Why don't SI let all managers build up their career earnings and then give them options to spend that money on clothes, cars and houses. Maybe there should be an option for you to use some of your hard earned cash to buy a club, and then you could be chairman and stuff, sacking managers and so on. Wouldn't it be great if you could pile all of wages into one big lump sum and click on the "Buy the Moon" option...

I'm only surprised nobody has already posted similar nonsense in this thread first, as someone ALWAYS suggests this whenever the manager salaries are mentioned.

[tak]

To increase the realism of the game I think you should look at your earnings and calculate your potential lifestyle if you earned your wage in real life. Then opn FMRTE and add houses, yachts and fast cars to please your ego. This will increase realism.

[/tak]

On the flip-side though it'll also reduce the amount of offers from other clubs for the same reason.

So that is why in my first FM10 save as Man City.. no-one would offer me jobs :(

imagine this: a career game which you can buy some low league club..lets say conference south or something with the money you earn from your career and manage the club on your term...manager/chairman lol yeh sound crazy but this will make long term gaming more interesting!

imagine this: a career game which you can buy some low league club..lets say conference south or something with the money you earn from your career and manage the club on your term...manager/chairman lol yeh sound crazy but this will make long term gaming more interesting!

This is Football MANAGER, not Football Chairman. Also, how do you expect to support that team since you won't be making money anymore?

Probably you are not handling the press conferences yourself? It is possible to give your

thoughts/opinion about the ref, after the match.

Not in every situation, though. I wanted to yell at a ref recently and it never came up in the press conference; I wish there were a way to leak to the press that I may want to talk about the ref ahead of time.

I always set to the minimum, since it's just taking money that could be spent on players. Definitely not realistic, as I'd be looking to grab as much as I can if it actually meant anything.

Skuff: in post-match interviews, you might get asked about a dodgy decision and you can get yourself in trouble if you're too hard on the ref. It's generally worth it, just for the satisfaction of telling the game what you thought of that penalty/offside/whatever.

Sims 3 would be a great game for those who wan't to buy cars and houses in the game. It's a life sim and none of this football stuff would get in the way.

Another stupid suggestion from One of my friends was that he would like to be able to upgrade the players boots to increase their finishing skills and new shirts to boost stamina etc, etc.

Obviously he had to be killed.

It's a pity you had to kill your friend WH. You could have sold that idea to EA Sports for inclusion in the next version of FIFA. Just in case you ever get round to pitching the concept of upgrading boots to them, could you also flag up the potential benefits of having an option to bribe refs/dope players/allow hooligans into matches for free. All in the name of advanced manager realism, obviously.

It's a pity you had to kill your friend WH. You could have sold that idea to EA Sports for inclusion in the next version of FIFA. Just in case you ever get round to pitching the concept of upgrading boots to them, could you also flag up the potential benefits of having an option to bribe refs/dope players/allow hooligans into matches for free. All in the name of advanced manager realism, obviously.

I remember trying out 'Ultimate Soccer Manager' back in the day (not good!) and you were able to offer bribes and bungs. I never managed to do it without being imprisoned or whatever and ending game. It also had you do most of the chairman's roles aswell with advertising etc. Kind of pointless crap that made me realise my love for champ man and my undying love for all future incarnations

I had LMA Manager on the origional playstation. The manager was responsible for choosing which type of stands to put in when updating the stadium. Also you had to pick which companys to put on your advertising boards. It was all a little too much as the manager would have no say in any of these things.

You should be able to buy racehorses - what harm could possibly come from that? Oh, the contacts you make could buy lots of shares in your club. Then a few years down the line they could sell their shares to some americans who don't care about the club purely because they themselves are only in it for the money. Then your club could be saddled with massive debts. But I'm sure this would never happen IRL ;)

Football Manager really lacks depth. Most people think that people play this game to manage the tactics of a match. I completely refused to play my matches. I play like a Football Chairman than a Football Manager and I wish I could everything a chairman would do. In other words let me be Abramovich.

Football Manager really lacks depth. Most people think that people play this game to manage the tactics of a match. I completely refused to play my matches. I play like a Football Chairman than a Football Manager and I wish I could everything a chairman would do. In other words let me be Abramovich.

I have to say I agree, mostly - although I'm gearing myself towards the tactical end of it now. I'd love a chance to buy a club or join a consortium in future FM games (although I got flamed for saying so in another thread ...) - and I've had a look at FIFA Manager (or whatever the EA Sports variant is called) and I don't like it. I want SI's interface and depth and (relative) realism with the option to make me a board member instead of simply just a manager. Anyway - I'm done. lol

-Ian.

Oh, let's have some fun here...

Why don't SI let all managers build up their career earnings and then give them options to spend that money on clothes, cars and houses. Maybe there should be an option for you to use some of your hard earned cash to buy a club, and then you could be chairman and stuff, sacking managers and so on. Wouldn't it be great if you could pile all of wages into one big lump sum and click on the "Buy the Moon" option...

I'm only surprised nobody has already posted similar nonsense in this thread first, as someone ALWAYS suggests this whenever the manager salaries are mentioned.

The ability to buy cars, helicopters and houses was in Total Club Manager 2003. :p

I found it enjoyable when I was 11. :cool:

I remember trying out 'Ultimate Soccer Manager' back in the day (not good!) and you were able to offer bribes and bungs. I never managed to do it without being imprisoned or whatever and ending game. It also had you do most of the chairman's roles aswell with advertising etc. Kind of pointless crap that made me realise my love for champ man and my undying love for all future incarnations

That was the game that got me into Football Manager games. Came free with my Packard Bell PC. Never knew anyone else played it. :eek:

Archived