Is there anything better than a last minute winner?

My best last minute winner came at the end of my last season with Cardiff, basically I took over them in League 1 and gained back to back promotions, however the finances at the club were appauling, and even upon promotion to the Premier I had no transfer budget and no wages to offer any bosmans.

I get to the last game of the season 4th bottom, away to Aston Villa who were unbeaten at home and just won the league (I am in 2016), West Ham are 3rd bottom but at home to already relegated Sunderland who had just 3 draws to their name away all season.

93rd minute I am getting a creditable 0-0 draw but West Ham are winning 3-1 meaning relegation for me, when I get a free kick 40 yards out which is floated into the box, everyone misses it and it drifts into the far corner winning the game for me 1-0 and avoiding relegation. It was possibly one of the best feelings I have ever had on the CM/FM series.

I have however since left after being offered the chance to sort out a total mess at Chelsea.

My best last minute winner came at the end of my last season with Cardiff, basically I took over them in League 1 and gained back to back promotions, however the finances at the club were appauling, and even upon promotion to the Premier I had no transfer budget and no wages to offer any bosmans.

I get to the last game of the season 4th bottom, away to Aston Villa who were unbeaten at home and just won the league (I am in 2016), West Ham are 3rd bottom but at home to already relegated Sunderland who had just 3 draws to their name away all season.

93rd minute I am getting a creditable 0-0 draw but West Ham are winning 3-1 meaning relegation for me, when I get a free kick 40 yards out which is floated into the box, everyone misses it and it drifts into the far corner winning the game for me 1-0 and avoiding relegation. It was possibly one of the best feelings I have ever had on the CM/FM series.

I have however since left after being offered the chance to sort out a total mess at Chelsea.

:thup: I can never bring myself to leave a team I've invested so much into, tried before then when that went pear shaped had to dig out an old save with the old club (Merthyr Tifdil with a millionaire Latvian backer on 09 when it always seemed to happen to tiny clubs :))

I don't normally, but fancied a bit of a career game, I don't normally play as a big 4 team either, but Chelsea are in a mess, they were bottom when I took over and in a lot of debt (not helped by a 35 year old Kaka on 195K a week to sit in the reserves, along with about 7 others on massive wages.

Archived