Why dont players go on a mazy dribble in the M.E?

Title says it all really, why cant we see players do a trick, shimmy and beat their marker in the Match engine, they run with the ball, but otherwise it's all passing.

It would be good to see a mazy run, twisting the defender, cruyff turn etc every now again I think. Maybe everyone elses' players are slaloming around! am i missing something?

Absolutely agree with OP. The guy gets the ball down the wing and decides to run forward and cross, or simply turn around at the byline and cross. The cross has about a 15% chance of even making the box which also is unrealistic.

Agree to a point, though the standard of corners IRL seems to be well reflected. Defies belief that professional players on thousands of pounds a week, playing with glorified beach balls, continually fail to get the ball past the first defender.

My striker scored an overhead kick in one match and i must of been celebrating for 20 minutes as i have never seen any real piece of skill in the M.E

Oh in the last FM your right winger dribbled the entire length of the right wing,cut inside and just walked into the net..remember?

I think it's a problem of animations more than anything.

I see players change directions with the ball really quickly all the time, and sometimes they do this to get by defenders, but it doesn't look very real. Also, sometimes you see the defender move in for the tackle on a player and the player somehow magically gets by; I think this is also supposed to be the players being tricky with the ball (flair), but again the animations don't really reflect this. Still better than the dots though, lol.

Archived