First thoughts

I will let u know as soon as I can get on my psp.Just went to get the game and came home to find my daughter playing lemmings on it.I said to her come on i need to try this new game and she said to me to be patience.Kids who needs em. icon_mad.gif

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bugsyuk:

I will let u know as soon as I can get on my psp.Just went to get the game and came home to find my daughter playing lemmings on it.I said to her come on i need to try this new game and she said to me to be patience.Kids who needs em. icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh - glad I'm not alone in that ... my daughters well addicted to Lemmings on mine ... very frustrating at times icon_wink.gif

Guest CaptainRizla

Have played the game for about half hour (had to get back off to work).

Very impressed on first impressions.

A little disappointed that there appears to be no crowd sounds whilst in a match. Watching text is ok but would have preferred to hear some sound.

The initial slow setup of game is still there but the matches are calculated pretty fast.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">A little disappointed that there appears to be no crowd sounds whilst in a match. Watching text is ok but would have preferred to hear some sound. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Simply put for the first version (as I've indicated elsewhere) the main thing was to get the game as playable and realistic as possible - now we're more familiar with the systems capabilities we'll be eeking as much power out of it as possible in subsequent versions ...

PS> Glad you're enjoying the game icon_biggrin.gif

I've played mine all morning and am now at about mid Novemeber.

The only down side I can see is that I am getting a huge amount of injuries, for months at a time.

I seem to remember this was an issue when the first release of FM2006 came out for the PC, not sure how this could be resolved on the PSP though!

Have played for a little bit today and i have to say the naviagtion is brilliant and very simple. Has lots of depth, all of the stats that you could ask for! Takes some getting used as i have played FM on PC to death and misses a few things as you would expect.

Match engine seems very impressive although i am currently struggling to win a game. Seem to concede all the time.

So far well worth the money!

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stu2510:

I've played mine all morning and am now at about mid Novemeber.

The only down side I can see is that I am getting a huge amount of injuries, for months at a time.

I seem to remember this was an issue when the first release of FM2006 came out for the PC, not sure how this could be resolved on the PSP though! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which team are you playing as and in which league? - if you have a team with elderly (or indeed just injury prone/low stamina) players then consider dropping the training levels slightly to give them a bit more of a break ... this can have a fairly large effect on the number of injuries your side recieve.

I think this is an amazing game especially as its a console version.The navigation is so smooth and very easy to get on with.So far im nearly at the end of the first season with brighton and the tension of relegation ( no change there) has got me gripped.I am sure that the next version of this will be even better with a lot more features to come.A big thumbs up from me SI. icon_biggrin.gif

Fantastic effort SI

Very playable and speed is excellent.

On thing is im playing as Walsall yet im 2nd in the table!!!

Must be my ace managing skills should manage them in real life eh icon_wink.gif

Dammm I have to get up early in the morning at 9AM to get it and I just couldnt wait to play it and all the fans on here have good respond on good the game is. I already knew SI have done great job working Sony psp. icon_cool.gif

I let u know what my thought it when I get it tomorrow.

cheers

icon_wink.gif

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kenisgay:

I was really getting into my Chelsea season when just before Crimbo I got sacked. Was 3rd in the league. seconds phase of the Champs League. Semis and 4th round of cups and I got sacked. Tad weird. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Be warned as a certain Chelsea manager found out a couple of seasons back - being their boss requires instant results because of their chairmans expectations.

You begin the game as a 'newbie' boss with a low reputation, hence to retain your job you'll need to prove yourself fairly quickly.

(although I do think you were a tad unlucky from the sound of things, how far off the 'pace' were you in the league?)

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ntfc:

Just gonig to get it in town,i understand it is out in the stores yet? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Should be available everywhere today icon_biggrin.gif

First impressions are amazing, fantastic job SI! The only thing I'd say would be to change the navigation sound as it's really annoying!

Aside from that though, I can now play FM anywhere and everywhere.. happy days!

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by s33r:

First impressions are amazing, fantastic job SI! The only thing I'd say would be to change the navigation sound as it's really annoying!

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can disable it in 'Preferences'.

Very good game. Well done SI. I am Villa at the moment. I cant beleive they have got 15 million to spend. Plus i sold whittingham to eventon for 2 mill. The thing is no one wants to join me. Only played one match but first imprsessions are good. Is there any money cheats in this game?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Los Rojiblancos®:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by s33r:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can disable it in 'Preferences'. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers icon_smile.gif really getting into it now.. lotsa fun , thanks again SI!

I've already encountered a problem - Bradford's midfielder Marc Bridge-Wilkinson is missing - he's a key player in the squad IRL, and to have him not in the game when some of the random youngsters at City are in is disappointing.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bantamtim:

I've already encountered a problem - Bradford's midfielder Marc Bridge-Wilkinson is missing - he's a key player in the squad IRL, and to have him not in the game when some of the random youngsters at City are in is disappointing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry to hear that a player is missing who is important to you - what we did was start with the PC database and then get as much information from researchers as possible as to which players to retain.

Where there were more slots available than players 'flagged' as required we used an algorithm to pick the players to retain based on their potential, squad status and ability.

If anyone finds any other players they feel should be present then obviously please let us know so we can improve things further in the future.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ntfc:

Two little moans in the first 3 games i have had 5 penalties and 2 red cards in my matches. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds odd - but I'd expect its a 'freak' happening rather than a problem with the game, if this sort of thing continues then it might just be that you have more than your fair share of agressive players (or simply defenders who mistime tackles too often) .. in which case playing with lighter tackling might help you out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by olddog:

Very good game. Well done SI. I am Villa at the moment. I cant beleive they have got 15 million to spend. Plus i sold whittingham to eventon for 2 mill. The thing is no one wants to join me. Only played one match but first imprsessions are good. Is there any money cheats in this game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was expecting to have about £2m for Villa so £15m is a tad unrealistic but nevertheless very welcome.

One minor andone major criticism from me:

Minor - D'Aleesandro doesn't seem to be in the Pompey team.

Major - I am pretty sure that I'm gonna miss my train stop for uni a few times!

The good:

It's fast.

Easy to read display with crisp, clear text at a decent size.

What I don't like:

Can't hire staff.

Can't offer players to clubs.

No sound on the match screen.

When going to the inbox screen to read my mail, I ahve to press a couple of buttons to get to the mail - becomes tiresome quickly. Would have been better if the cursor was already at the mail window by default.

No player pictures, club logos or kits.

I can't view cup draws live.

I hate to be overly negative as it IS a very, very good game and wipes the floor with the other football management games that's out for PSP..but I did expect slightly better.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kevin Malton:

The good:

It's fast.

What I don't like:

Can't hire staff.

When going to the inbox screen to read my mail, I ahve to press a couple of buttons to get to the mail - becomes tiresome quickly. Would have been better if the cursor was already at the mail window by default.

I hate to be overly negative as it IS a very, very good game and wipes the floor with the other football management games that's out for PSP..but I did expect slightly better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interesting points and I do agree on the inability to hire staff. However, as for offering players to clubs. The manual says that as soon as you transfer list a player clubs that are likely to be interested are automatically offered the player.

As for the pictures and such, that would require lots of access to the UMD disc and therefore decrease the battery life. This is the big tradeoff with PSP games. You can have lots of cool eye-candy but little game life on one PSP charge, or, less eye-candy therefore less UMD access which means the battery lasts longer.

I think the balance SI have gone for is just right in my opinion.

been playing it for a bit now, i was addicted to it and just as the text in inbow was starting to get repeative the board apraisel meesge slightly shanged to "trhe board are happy with you blah blah and are pleased with the rapport youve built with the fans"

i dont know why, but this made me smile like an idiot for the next 2 games

what im trying to say is, its clkassic FM magic, once you pop you cant stop, ive stopped caring about the little things missing from the pc version, i just wanna see what the bonus;s are!!! (and win the champions league with gretna :p)

I am very impressed with it. It is strange there not being some of the features that i had got used to in FM 2006 like offering players to clubs and the like, but overall its very playable.

My only gripe at the moment, and I could just be ignorant as i havent even glanced at the manual, but I am used to being able to press triangle to go back through screens, only it seems you cant go "back" on FMH. for example when you select a players profile, you then have to either click on the team name in their profile, or click on home and then the team name, to get back to the squad screen. I feel a "back" function would be useful.

Overall though, very happy. Off on holiday on tuesday looking forward to playing it all the way there and on the beach icon_cool.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Matt NFFC:

My only gripe at the moment, and I could just be ignorant as i havent even glanced at the manual, but I am used to being able to press triangle to go back through screens, only it seems you cant go "back" on FMH. for example when you select a players profile, you then have to either click on the team name in their profile, or click on home and then the team name, to get back to the squad screen. I feel a "back" function would be useful. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can use the Left and Right triggers on the PSP to backward and forward through screens.

HTH

I decided to play as Forest Green and after signing some players (which seems very easy because in the past few versions it was hard to sign players with such a small team) the game froze on me then the game re-booted .

I will try again tomorow but the controls are quite good and it looks great.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kevin Malton:

The good:

It's fast.

What I don't like:

Can't hire staff.

I hate to be overly negative as it IS a very, very good game and wipes the floor with the other football management games that's out for PSP..but I did expect slightly better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look you have to walk before you can run; it's the 1st version on the psp and i'm pretty sure more features will get added in next versions (where doable). The whole point of the 1st version is to get out something that works fairly well then that can be built on for future versions.

If you actuall think about it,several of these are just worthless add ons.

I mena who wants a sound and player pictures to compromise the game speed.

Si are just getting a feel f what they can do for the psp,and its hell of game.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Can't offer players to clubs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you know (I'm pretty sure its in the manual, but no one reads them anyway icon_wink.gif ) ... when you transfer list a player this is done automatically, simply to make things as easy as possible for people.

Archived