Dead Line Day

I was discussing deadline day action with a mate the other day talking about the Robinho signing to City, Berba to United etc. Wondered if anyone had any opinions on Deadline day on football manager? Has anyone experienced any exciting last minute signings or do they feel that it can be improved in any way?

It can definitely be improved.

Back when I was still unenlightened and was playing FIFA Manager 09, it had a ticker on deadline day and would show all signings. Often, you would be offered players or offers for players at good prices and some clubs would make some big signings. It wasn't flawless, however, as it was impossible (as far as I know) to offer players out. Still, it would be nice to see something like this in FM. If it wasn't there, though, no big deal.

none deadline day on mine is usaly dead

Same. There may be the occasional deadline day move but I doubt it's because it's deadline day if you know what I mean. Like I don't think the game suddenly goes 'Jeez, last day to sign players, best get my skates on' sort of thing.

i think there is definately room for improvement here. in fifamanager (which i find to be a far lesser game than fmmanager) the last transfer date i received loads of last-minute offers to buy or sell players, as well as the occasional "bargain" from a club wanting desperately to part with a player.

Archived