Make the AFC youth bigger than the original Challenge.

Hi my first challenge so be gentle.

Basically I have been inspired by FC United and AFC Wimbledon and created a database where the following happened.

After being letdown by one of his fellow share holders at Arsenal, Alisher Usmanov bought the club and bought Peter Hill-Wood out, once he realised he was no longer going to have any control of the club. Peter Hill-Wood's legal team looked into the contracts of the players and found through a loophole in the youth team contracts they could lay claim to the youngsters from Arsenal.

In a ruling considered as big as the Bosman case, the courts awarded Peter Hill-Wood the contracts of existing Arsenal Youth players and players who had been on youth contracts in the last few years (unless they had moved clubs in that time).

With this decision and the money he had gained through the Arsenal sale, he bought a Blue Square South club and named them Woolwich Arsenal. He managed to buy Highbury before it was demolished and this would be the clubs new home.

With the Woolwich Arsenal case, this opened up the flood gates for a number of other Chairmen to follow the precedent that had been set. Ken Bates sold Leeds to Sam Hammam and formed Real Chelsea and captured the Chelsea Youth team players.

David Moores did the same with Liverpool, going back to their original name and forming Everton Athletic. Finally Newton Heath were formed by Martin Edwards. These later two entering the Blue Square North division.

The final person to take advantage of the loophole was Eggert Magnusson who formed Thames Ironworks FC and gained Upton Park when West Ham moved to the Olympic stadium. Thames do not have the financial clout that the other teams have due to Eggert's personal fortune.

This is the basic premise of the database I have made. The story is not perfect as I am sure half the Chelsea Youth were not there when Ken Bates was in charge and Eggert was not owner just Chairman. I just thought it might be fun to manage a youth team of some of the Premiership clubs in a proper competitive league. I have put 5 "easter eggs" in the database, one for each club and created stadiums and put people associated with the original clubs in charge.

The teams have good reputations, great followings and good finances and should rise through the leagues quickly. Only one team goes up automatically in the Blue Square leagues and one up through the playoffs. This makes the second season interesting when four of these teams are competing for two places.

As a tribute to the teams that inspired this, I have placed AFC Wimbledon and FC United in the BSN and BSS as well.

The object of the challenge, should you choose to accept it is, win more, finish higher and make the new club with the youth team bigger than they club they took the youth team from.

To give you an idea of expectation Ken Bates expects Real Chelsea to finish in a respectable position in the Premiership in 5 years.

Good Luck and enjoy, please post how you get on.

Here is the link for the database, you need winrar to unzip it, as it was too big to upload otherwise,

http://rapidshare.com/files/110796265/afc_final.rar.html

Cheers,

Greenham

Hi my first challenge so be gentle.

Basically I have been inspired by FC United and AFC Wimbledon and created a database where the following happened.

After being letdown by one of his fellow share holders at Arsenal, Alisher Usmanov bought the club and bought Peter Hill-Wood out, once he realised he was no longer going to have any control of the club. Peter Hill-Wood's legal team looked into the contracts of the players and found through a loophole in the youth team contracts they could lay claim to the youngsters from Arsenal.

In a ruling considered as big as the Bosman case, the courts awarded Peter Hill-Wood the contracts of existing Arsenal Youth players and players who had been on youth contracts in the last few years (unless they had moved clubs in that time).

With this decision and the money he had gained through the Arsenal sale, he bought a Blue Square South club and named them Woolwich Arsenal. He managed to buy Highbury before it was demolished and this would be the clubs new home.

With the Woolwich Arsenal case, this opened up the flood gates for a number of other Chairmen to follow the precedent that had been set. Ken Bates sold Leeds to Sam Hammam and formed Real Chelsea and captured the Chelsea Youth team players.

David Moores did the same with Liverpool, going back to their original name and forming Everton Athletic. Finally Newton Heath were formed by Martin Edwards. These later two entering the Blue Square North division.

The final person to take advantage of the loophole was Eggert Magnusson who formed Thames Ironworks FC and gained Upton Park when West Ham moved to the Olympic stadium. Thames do not have the financial clout that the other teams have due to Eggert's personal fortune.

This is the basic premise of the database I have made. The story is not perfect as I am sure half the Chelsea Youth were not there when Ken Bates was in charge and Eggert was not owner just Chairman. I just thought it might be fun to manage a youth team of some of the Premiership clubs in a proper competitive league. I have put 5 "easter eggs" in the database, one for each club and created stadiums and put people associated with the original clubs in charge.

The teams have good reputations, great followings and good finances and should rise through the leagues quickly. Only one team goes up automatically in the Blue Square leagues and one up through the playoffs. This makes the second season interesting when four of these teams are competing for two places.

As a tribute to the teams that inspired this, I have placed AFC Wimbledon and FC United in the BSN and BSS as well.

The object of the challenge, should you choose to accept it is, win more, finish higher and make the new club with the youth team bigger than they club they took the youth team from.

To give you an idea of expectation Ken Bates expects Real Chelsea to finish in a respectable position in the Premiership in 5 years.

Good Luck and enjoy, please post how you get on.

Here is the link for the database, you need winrar to unzip it, as it was too big to upload otherwise,

http://rapidshare.com/files/110796265/afc_final.rar.html

Cheers,

Greenham

Sorry about that.

At first I just renamed teams. After this I changed the logos and team kits in the graphics folders.

If this really bothers people, I can change it, if you can't change it yourself, you will not have this problem with the BSN teams as I created these from scratch for this exact reason. I thought I had cured it but did not account for people adding just the database and not having an altered graphics folder, like mine. Give me a couple of days and I'll fix the kits logos if it really bothers you. If not, I could always upload my graphics folder later. It shouldn't affect you playing the game for now and the graphics folder will change this on an existing game save once I've uploaded it.

Was someone a bit biased in the making? icon_wink.gif

Ian Rush and Mark Hughes spring to mind! And for the north! Was it because Arsenals youth is so much better than the others, lol.

Great idea though. Just started a game with it, look forward to seeing how it plays. I imagine Ill lose Traore soon though

Each team has an "easter egg" and so far in playing it, I have found Real Chelsea's turns out the best, I just couldn't hide the first names of Rush and Hughes as well as I could with the others.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sambo:

ive already started a game with w arsenal is it too late to change the kits?

If not could you tell me how i can do it please </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Someone in the graphics thread might be able to help.

Archived